They Try Again - Cover

They Try Again

Copyright© 2012 by Lapi

Chapter 7

A lone US Navy Destroyer approached Nadia's Flag, a boat was lowered and a US Flag Officer piped aboard. He said. "I have a message for whoever is in charge." Nadia laughed out loud, thinking what his reaction would be to present his message to a women.

Somewhere in Kentucky "Sir, several Navy fleets seem to be engaging, the Commander of our fleet has made ready WILDFIRE and is sending her transports on to D.C. She has asked for escorts and defense for them, she is preparing to fight where they are at now. Sir, it looks like they will be against more than 600 ships, all newer than what she has, there is no way she can win. Even with WILDFIRE." "Get me SECNAV!" He shouted. Jim had been a friend, now he must use his humanity against him. He picked up the secure phone and started. "Jim this is Robert, what your people are doing is foolishness! I hope you realize the terrible price you will have to pay, both in Navy ships and crews lost but in personal losses." He listened, "Yes Jim I realize they all signed up to fight, but your family never did. They are all with me here, would you like to speak with them this last time?"

Somewhere in France, Boris gets Sat Phone call "Papa, I just wanted to tell you that I have sent all the troops on to D.C. and asked for escorts and air cover for them. The Russians will beach the ships if no landing craft arrive. I will activate WILDFIRE shortly and we will defend this position. I love you Papa and still look forward to my wedding and life with a husband. Tell our family that I love them all. Goodbye Papa." Then the call ended. Boris wiped his eyes, then went to hold Frankie.

Laos General Ho had made quick work of securing Laos. With no bombing or fighters to be concerned with, progress had been swift. US advisors, for the most part had been captured then escorted out of the country. Ho's troops now prepared for the liberation of Viet Nam.

Viet Nam Fighting had broken out everywhere in the country it seemed. None of the Marines were responding, 4 of the firebases were close to being overrun and General W was livid. Why now he thought, this was the worst possible time, he was to be in D.C. on Saturday now he could not even get a C 5-A to land let alone get to Washington. Comm. was not working and his friends in Laos were gone. He might escape to Bangkok, the three planes here were all loaded with drugs and gold but if a SAM hit the ship he was done for, and he must have air cover. Hell, he thought, even Marine planes could draw their fire, he would settle to just reach Thailand.

Japan The Dark Lord had decided to act now. He had been told to wait but as Nadia was to fight her battle, his would now begin.

Viet Nam Saigon A message was received. Local media made an announcement that a drill was being held, for all to go inside or to shelters. At the same time ARVIN troops were told to stand down and return to barracks. Charlie was even quiet; they had all seemed to vanish. 12 large troop transport planes landed, 12,000 US Marines, all in armour and battle gear, soon guarded the planes. Ninja in various coloured garb exited the planes and were escorted across the city by the Marine guard. It was payback time and too many Marines had been sent to die, needlessly. The Ninja took no one alive, even the Marines found the sight of a live traitor distasteful. By the end of the day, 1 last site remained, General W was inside and guarded by 2,500 troops. The Marines wanted revenge, a man stepped up, he identified himself, blood still dripping from his golden clothes, he was a man possessed and the Marines held there ground. As night fell, his Ninja and Golden Dragons were sent in. In less than 60 minutes' General W and a small group of bound officers were led out of the compound. As they were handed over to the Marines, the man spoke. "The others are all dead, we have collected their ears for you, we have heard that you may like them as a remembrance. We will return home now, you will not be attacked again." The Dark Lord had lost many men today, but his Nadia soon would risk even more.

In the Atlantic The messenger was shown to the bridge, there presented to the Commander, he gasped, it was a woman, it was Nadia and she was smiling. He started his researched speech, "It is our sincere intention to offer you" he was interrupted. Commander, a SAT Call for the messenger. He was handed a secure Sat Phone, after several recognition phrases were exchanged, the man said, "Yes sir, Yes, I acknowledge the new message and will relay it to the Commander, Sir, the Commander is a woman!" "Yes Sir" "I'll say that sir." Commander, if you would accept the assistance of the US Navy, at least most of it, to assist you on your mission. The transport ships sent ahead are, as we speak being escorted to Washington. Lark and LT-50 landing craft will meet them and surface ships will defend then once they land. I was also instructed to inform you that it appears that a large number of Navy ships that are approaching you have improper crews and must be imposters. My Admiral asks if you would Please assist his fleet in terminating these rogue vessels. To that end, if you would Please move your fleet towards him where our Air support and defense fire may protect all our ships. We have been informed that you have readied WILDFIRE and the Admiral concurs with such an action. If you please Ma'am."

As the fleets moved together, Nadia said, activate WILDFIRE, Weapons free against rogues ships, Do you agree Admiral? A voice was heard, I agree, activate WILDFIRE.

Underground in Kentucky Emily, Jim will be joining you and the family here shortly, he has resigned his position as SECNAV and you all will have a new life together. A happy life I am glad to say.

An Aide approached the man, whispering, "It seems some Navy ships due to participate in an exercise went off course. We may see them in the next few days in a South Carolina port, shall I make the arrangements?" "Certainly, I am sure they will know what to do with them." Now to relay this information to the Commander, also another to his superiors.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.