They Try Again - Cover

They Try Again

Copyright© 2012 by Lapi

Chapter 5

At a Special Base In Kentucky

"Sir, we have confirmation that the event will commence on or near 1 April."

The man behind the desk picked the phone, confirmed the date mentioned and asked for orders. He made another call; it seemed like a very long time before it was answered. He asked, "is everyone onboard for this," after a series of yes, he continued, "we have few options at this point, we either expose our secret or bring in outsiders to get this fixed once and for all."

London

Katya spoke to Jim, "it looks like things are a go, we only need another 200-250,000 men, boats, planes, arms, passports, Identity Papers and a few hundred millions, maybe billions in expense money and we'll be all set. I sure hope our new partner in this comes through."

Somewhere in France

Boris said, "Frankie, I have something to tell you." "No", Frankie said, "is it that you're tired of me already or that I am not keeping you satisfied anymore?" "No my love, I have no such complaints, although if you could snore less that would be wonderful." Frankie gently hit Boris's arm, "I do not snore! At least not very loudly, I call it loud breathing." Boris laughed, saying "we are about to provide some service to a new client, it will be over within 90 days and will require more than 350-400,000 of our people and nearly every weapon and vehicle we might dream of. If, and I say if, we are successful what we shall receive will place us as part of the most powerful organization in the world. If we fail, I fear, we shall all be dead. There are some decisions that still need to be made, Nadia will make one of these, I will make one and the final one our new, potential partner."

Japan, the home base of the Dark Lord

Nadia said. "Why am I even here?"

They heard the lift door open, it was 8.40 am, Miko rose, bowed and said "My Master" and The Dark Lord entered, behind him was a very, very beautiful lady, dressed as a model on a runway might be.

"I am Sakura, may I introduce you to My Master, The Dark Lord?"

Nadia had to shake her head, a young man, barely older than she was stood next to Sakura and slightly bowed to her, he then spoke, "Hello Nadia, I have heard much about you and am glad we finally have this opportunity to meet."

Nadia just stared at him.

"Earth to Nadia, come in Nadia. Is there anything you wish to know/"?

Nadia spoke. "Why am I here? What do you want?"

"Actually the first question requires you to give me the answer to a question, then for me to give you my response to your father. The second thing, as to what I want is quite simple, "Will you be my wife and bear me children?"

He laughed, "very easy things Nadia." He continued, "Although I should much prefer you to answer my second question, the first bears some explaining. I have a very special organization, much like the one your father heads. Mine has been ruled by family for several thousand years, I am the last. Your father has been kind enough to allow me to select a partner in your organization to perform a unique task for a new joint client. Neither of our organizations is satisfactory to the client to perform this task, together and with the billions of dollars the client will provide we may be able to get the job done. There is a problem however, Boris and myself are not able to be the liaison to this client, we both have, so to speak, a history, which may be called into question. You, my dear Nadia, are the choice of both of us to head this operation."

The Dark Lord continued. "When I first heard about you, you had taken Boris's world and made it your own, a girl in a man's world, alone and with no one to really guide you. You ran the business famously, you, however failed where compassion, love and personal needs were concerned. Then you ran away, hiding away from life. Then you learned compassion, yes Nadia, you began to care about people other than you and the family. Life, you see, is a balance; it is not always what you want. Katya has accepted what she is, Jim loves her very much and both would risk everything for the other. Frankie placed duty, duty to her family, duty to her father and her duty to the De Medici name above herself and personal needs. You have made some mistakes, we shall not dwell on those but each mistake has brought you a better understanding, an acceptance of your weaknesses and the wish to do better."

Nadia was almost in tears. She had been nodding in agreement while he spoke.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.