They Try Again - Cover

They Try Again

Copyright© 2012 by Lapi

Chapter 1

A lot has happened in the last 11 months.

Katya, Jim and Boris meet in Moscow for the 1st time since Nadia has left.

Frankie had just about got back her slim, now womanish, figure after giving her father twin boys. He was very happy and two girls in town seemed very excited to live at the castle and take care of he and the boys there, even very happy to perform above or below the call of duty. They both were 14 and repeated that they were willing to do anything the Baron might need or want and were very, very eager to learn new things.

Nadia has pretty much been alone, having gone to Bali to rest up and forget her mistakes. When she first arrived dozen of men and even women saw fresh meat for them to partake of. All seemed to want her company and suggested a number of things that they might do or go with her. Nadia however had her fill of the moochers and fair weather friends and in an act, more like the old Nadia, called them all together, handed them each a handwritten envelope.

Inside were the words "DIE! Bother me no more! If you do, it will be your last day on earth!"

It seemed they all got the message. Nadia did make a few friends, on a nearby beach a young boy and girl came up to here asking if she could help them. "What is it"? she asked. "Grandpapa" the girl said, "he has fallen and we cannot lift him up"? She and her Golden Dragon guards went over with them and saw the old man on the sand. Upon closer inspection it seemed he had tripped in a small hole in the sand and hit his head when he had fallen. Two of the guard raised him up, while Nadia and two other guards brought a chair and water over to where they were. After giving him some water and applying wet cloths to his face he began to make a moaning sound.

The children ran to him closer, he reached out to them and asked what had happened? "You had fallen grandpapa" the girl said, "we did not know what to do then we saw these people walking along the beach and asked for their help". The old man extended his sand covered hand, Nadia took it, kissed it and said; "I am very happy my friends were along too, I did not really know what to do either, come with us I live nearby and you need to rest after all this. My name is Nadia, these gentlemen are my friends, their names would be strange to you, but know you and the children will be safe with us. Let us go and you can tell me whom we might call".

As they neared the compound, several of the Ninjas and 4 of her Russian guards ran to them, carried the old man to a veranda and eased him to a couch. Others escorted the children near him. "A doctor has been called and the maids are bringing a light meal and drinks for the children" one said.

After an examination was made, the doctor told Nadia the old man would be fine. That he had hit his head but the most serious thing wrong was his lack of food and water, this was probably why he fell. He handed her some tablets and three bottles of liquid. After getting instructions how to help him regain his strength, Nadia beckoned the two children over, she asked them where they lived, over there they pointed, indicating what appeared to be a clump of trees. "What are your names" she asked? "I am Sophia she said and my brother is Manuel. We came here to be with grandpapa for the summer but our parents never returned". "How old are you? I am 11, my birthday was last week; and my brother is 4 next week". " How about your grandpapa" she asked? "His name is Paulo, Franco Paulo Peralta, he has been here a long time, at least since we were very little".

"Would it be all right if we were to have birthday a party for you both, right here"? The faces of the children lit up, "certainly" they both said and hugged her. A tear came to Nadia; for once in a long time she had made a person happy. Four sets of eyes took note too, it seemed this was the first time their mistress showed more concern for others than herself. The master will be pleased. "Come she said a room for you both and your grandpapa has been readied, you shall be my guests and tomorrow we must plan your party".

The next morning breakfast was served on the veranda; Paulo, the children and Nadia were served. "Thank you so very much Nadia" Paulo said. "Thank you for making the little ones so happy and giving them things to do other than to worry about me". It was obvious from their speech and gracious manners that these were people who were educated and at one time enjoyed wealth for nothing at the compound seemed unusual to them. Nadia asked how she might help. Paulo hesitated then finally began to relate to Nadia how he and the children were together again. He had once been very wealth; he had married and had a daughter, the children's mother. He had been sailing near here when his yacht sank and he floated ashore. He had lost his memory, if it was not for the kindly people on the island he would never have recovered. It had been several years later, the resort had been both a source of work and food for him, especially since he understood and spoke multiple languages.

At this resort, as he turned to carry away dishes to the kitchen, he heard a scream then two voices yelling, "Paulo, Paulo"! Two people ran up to him, one a woman threw herself to his feet, the other a man, placed arms around his shoulders, both had tears in their eyes. "Paulo" the woman said, "is it really you"? "Where have you been all these years"? He looked at both of them, asking, "Do I know you? Do you know me? Who am I?"

He went on to explain that his wife feared he had been lost at sea. She had waited 7 years hoping that he would be found alive. His brother had tried to find him but no one knew he had gone near Bali when the storm hit. Carlos was his brother, after 7 years Paulo was declared dead and after another year in mourning, he had asked Lucia to marry him, not because he had longed for her but to raise a male heir to the Peralta fortune. He had never had a son, his own wide having died while trying to bear him one. Paulo and he were sole heirs and had expected he and Lucia to have more children, then the loss of Paulo.

When they found him at the resort, they took him to their villa there and started to tell him of the past. There was only shame in their eyes when they looked at Manuel then each other and both began to weep. "Paulo, my Paulo, What have we done? What should we do? Manuel is our son, even when we both thought you dead there must be a male heir to carry on the Peralta name. Oh Paulo"! She began to weep, and Carlos took his brothers hand and placed it on Lucia's. "Brother, if I have wronged you I am truly sorry, for I never meant to do so". It was decided that Lucia and Carlos would take the boat back to Australia then fly back home to make arrangements for Paulo to be restored to the living. The children would stay with Paulo to not only get to know him but to try to tell him what news that there was while he had been thought lost. Carlos paid for several months at the villa and opened a large bank account and some modest cash for Paulo and the children to use until they returned. That was several months ago, the banking records were tossed away by the maid who took the cash thinking it was a huge tip. Paulo found the villa now occupied by another family and went back to work at the resort, using whatever money and food he got for the children, They now lived on the beach but never once did the children complain.

Nadia wept when she heard what had occurred. She called Moscow to uncover what had happened to Carlos and Lucia, then arranged for a local clerk to find out everything on the island. He discovered that a banking account in Paulo's name was opened but never used. She told Paulo only that people would help him and he and the children would live with her as her guest. "Now come" she said, taking his hand, "I have to remember how to have a birthday party, we need to go shopping, send out invitations and I need your help". If there was such a thing as another chance in like, Nadia seemed to have found it. No longer was she the selfish, moody, bitch who hated everything and everyone. Nadia found the first real happiness in life helping her new guests.

She made arrangements at the resort for a birthday party for the children. They asked her how many people; she started to answer, "All of ... then said, let me ask the children". When Sophia told here that 2 of the girls at the resort were nice to them at the resort but when they had to live on the beach 5 or 6 local children always came by them bringing what little food they could. Nadia told the resort to have enough for 30 people; she then began to find each of the children's mates, their families and friends. There were now 42 for the party and she had the resort prepare for 50.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.