The Protector - Cover

The Protector

Copyright© 2012 by terriblethom

Chapter 51

When we got to the house, Myrna and the other women were sitting in the shade chatting. I was immediately greeted by Michelle with a hug and a timid "Hi" from her mom. Kat and Sally gave me a kiss and asked if everything was ok. I spent the next hour bringing them up to speed on what had happened so far, and to my surprise, there weren't any questions or comments made other than Kat asking if this was going to interrupt our wedding. I kissed her before I spoke, and got another hug from Sally.

"Everything is right on track. For once I am going to let the government handle all of this. I want to stay as far away from it as possible. I do want to call Jerry and a couple of people I know to find out about this DOA warrant on our four guests. I will have to get that straightened out before Michelle and her mother go home. Michelle, I think you will be getting a big reward from the French Government for the information the disks contained. Once you and your mother go home, you will not have to worry about anything but school and boys for a few years."

"Jon, I didn't take them for a reward, but because I know what they were going to do with all those weapons. I heard my so called husband and the new leader of the Texas compound talking on the radio one night. They are trying to take over a small country in Africa and move everyone over there. They want to be self governing and be able to make their own laws. That way they cannot be prosecuted for some of the bad things they have done in the past as well as what they are doing now. Jubal saw what my husband was doing, and that happened on a regular basis. From what I have seen over the years, that was mild as far as the church is concerned. Jon, there are some really sick perverted people running the church, and it just seems to be getting worse. I wasn't molested because my husband was a co-leader, but that's the only thing that saved me. I do regret leaving little Timmy behind because I have had him since he was born. His mother was a prostitute and sold him to the church as soon as she was released from the hospital. If for some reason they get raided, is there anything you can do to help me get him back? I know I am only sixteen, but I think of myself as his mother, and mom will help me with him. I won't be going to school because mom is going to home school me. We want to make up for all the years we were apart."

"I can't give you an answer there, Michelle, but if there is anything I can do, I promise you I will do my best. I have to go up to the communications center now and get busy. I need to see if I can get some of the bugs worked out of things. We will have more time to talk later, Michelle."

"Thank you again, Jon, for my rescue. I always knew that you would find me someday and get me out of there again. Jon, Jubal and Farley really did a good job and almost got shot several times. They are both very brave and I owe them my life for getting me out of there. I am so happy you found me and rescued me that I could just scream. I think Mom's got a crush on Jubal, 'cause every time she sees him she can't seem to talk straight."

I watched as her mother blushed and Michelle laughed at her reaction. Everyone at the table busted out laughing and I took this as a good time to sneak away. They were still laughing as I went into the house and up to my rooms. As I sat down, I was thinking that she couldn't have picked a better man to fall for. I got out the frequency Maurice had made me write down and contacted the ship. The Captain answered personally, as if he was waiting for my call. We discussed the sub and what I wanted to do instead of blowing it up. To my surprise, he agreed with me. He also said I should think about dropping part of the cliff down to further narrow the channel coming into the cove. I told him if he thought it could be done without sealing the whole entrance to go ahead and do it. Thinking of the glow on Kat's face when I said the wedding was still on, I asked the Captain if he would be available to perform the ceremony for us as well as the renewal ceremony for Tiny and Maggie. He said that the least he could do was to perform a marriage ceremony. He would also have a special honor guard there as well as the Captain from the other ship to witness the proceedings. We discussed the two boats headed this way, and I told him who I thought they were and how I would handle it if it were me meeting them. I warned him to tell the pilot to watch out for missiles, because the men I thought were onboard would not hesitate to shoot a helicopter down. We talked for a few more minutes and he told me that the disk I had onboard was now in the safe. He and I were the only ones who could get to it. I thanked him for all the help and finished up so I could make the call to Jerry.

I got him on his cell, but he told me to call him back in about ten minutes at the office because he had a lot to discuss with me. After I hung up, I called Jimmy and told him to go out tomorrow and change the alarm codes on the house and the caretaker's cottage. He didn't ask any questions, but said it would be done by tomorrow afternoon since he had to install several cameras in the new hardware store in town. He asked how everything was going and we chitchatted a few minutes before I hung up saying I had to make a few more calls. I called the security company and told the owner that after tonight, Carver was no longer allowed on the property unless I was there to ok it. He said that he was there now loading his truck. The guard had just called in to report it. I thanked him and said he wasn't to come back on the property after he left. If he forgot something, he could wait until we returned to pick it up. He didn't ask any questions, but I could hear the puzzlement in his voice as he said it would be done as I asked. I got off the phone and called several of the contacts I had sent files to and was told that there was a high level meeting in progress. They would be told I had called and would want a call back number. It took me about five minutes to find the ship to shore number for the island. I rattled it off and was thanked as they hung up. I had internet conference on this thing, but had no idea how to use it. I knew there was a mic and web cam, but didn't know how to work them. I would have to ask one of the kids later, I thought, and chuckled to myself at my ignorance about computers. I would almost be willing to bet Sally and Judy had already been talking back and forth with it. There was a knock at the door and I said come in. It was Katie, looking like death warmed over.

"Katie, you look terrible! You need to take a break and get out in the sun or something."

"Jon, I've been cramming and just finished up with all my tests. Would it be ok if I used the computer tomorrow to send my tests to my instructors? I have them on a disk and I just need to send them to the college. Then I will be able to enjoy the rest of my stay here. God I miss being outside in the sun. I also want to have a look around the island, so can I borrow Kat to act as a guide?"

"I am sure she would be happy to show you around. The computer is available to you any time you need it. While you're here can you check and show me how to set up the web conference, so I can make sure it works? I know nothing about it."

When I got up, she came over and sat down in the chair, fiddled for a few minutes, then put an icon on the screen. She told me that all I had to do was to click on it, fill in the blanks, and it would come up automatically. I thanked her, and sat back down as she went out dragging her feet. She did look tired and I hoped she would get some sleep tonight so she could enjoy the rest of her stay here. I wanted to call Maurice, but I figured he could wait until I talked to Jerry. It was more important to me now to get the DOA Warrant dropped on my guests before some idiot took a shot at them when we got back to the states. I still was pissed about it because that type of warrant, from what I knew, was rarely ever issued anymore if at all. Someone very high up had to pull some mighty big strings to get it issued, and I wanted to know who it was. I wanted to check their name against the list on the disk. I remembered it was in my pocket and pulled it out. I laid it down beside the computer as I killed time until I could call Jerry back. I was wondering if I had missed anything because I had been rushing trying to get everything done so I wouldn't have to get involved. I couldn't think of anything, but knowing me, I probably had forgotten something. Then I remembered the old weapons and went on the internet and googled the collectors' sites. I got a big surprise when I found out how much used Nambu Pistols were going for in good condition. I had to chuckle thinking about what the collectors would pay for ones that had never been in circulation. I saw that one collector had a picture of a certain type, saying that he would immediately pay top prices for any of them in fair condition. I had seen at least twenty boxes of them, and I knew there were probably a lot more of them in that bunker. I got another surprise when I found the rifles on one site, and saw that they didn't bring much even in excellent condition. Then I had an idea and called Jeb. He answered, sounding a little out of breath. He became animated in his speech as soon as he heard my voice.

"Jon, I am glad you called. How are my friends doing?"

Since he hadn't mentioned any names, I decided to play along in case he had a reason. If the warrant was good, then he couldn't afford to be involved.

"They are all fine and dandy, Jeb. They arrived tired, but otherwise unharmed by their long flight. They are enjoying the sunshine and relaxing outside with everyone else."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.