Better Left Alone - Cover

Better Left Alone

Copyright© 2012 by Lapi

Chapter 13

Well, we tried many times and for many days but nothing seemed to work anymore. There was a manual selector numbered 1 to 9 in some strange language. It seemed that was something we all now understood. I selected 2 on the device and thought of any advanced culture to go to. Anywhere that technology or capabilities could save my world.

There was that bright light again, around us was a sight we had all been waiting for; technology galore. This world and time was so far ahead of anything we had ever seen that tears actually began to fall. After regaining some composure we all started to walk down the hill into a city. It was contained within some kind of dome. Clean, fresh air was the only smell. Unlike my world, there was no smog or pollutants, which could be seen. It seemed that the inhabitants there were much like us, my girls seemed to fit right in since clothing was not something many people bothered with.

We were approached several times and asked if there was anything we needed or if they could help. When some young, naked girls asked I was tempted to offer a suggestion of two; that is until I saw the stares I received from the 3 that were with me. Oh well I thought, as I stared at the bodies of the young girls going away. "I was just going to ask them for..." "Sure" I heard from three different voices.

"Ladies" I said we need to find their best weapons and military forces." It was quite obvious that any aid that I brought from this place would be vastly superior to the enemy left on my soon to be devastated world. We searched all day, saw nothing. Finally I told my girls to wait and I would ask for some help, as I walked quickly up to 5 naked and quite beautiful young girls. Hey, what was I supposed to do, there were so many around and, after all, they seemed to be more than willing to give a stranger a hand. I asked about several things, they did not get past their names when I felt a tapping on my shoulder. I turned with a grimace on my face thinking perhaps I should not have asked these girls some of the things I had. When I saw my three girls I relaxed.

"Perhaps you should ask one of us." The look on my face said it all; I just stared at then, mouth open with that deer in the headlights grin. I now knew why my girls were so smart; they were from this time and place, not from where they had joined me. "Silly man," one said, "you have been shown the answer you seek many times. Technology, weapons nor superior armies could not save your world. Our world has none of these and is healthy, prosperous and very appealing. In fact for you, perhaps too appealing;" as she motioned the young girls to leave.

"We have tried for many of your centuries to show your people the way. All have been shown the ruin and destruction of your world, they have all seen ours or, as you, been taken here. All, including you cannot or will not recognize the simple fact that life can only grow and develop in peace. Technology, weapons, armies' will never result in an advance in civilization. It results, as you have seen of your world, only ruin."

"You will be returned to your world, to your life, you will only remember a sadness, that all life on your world will end." With that, he awoke, as if from a deep sleep. His dream had seemed so real though. He brought his hands to his face and wiped away the tears.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.