Better Left Alone - Cover

Better Left Alone

Copyright© 2012 by Lapi

Chapter 12

It was morning, another day on the mountain. I wondered how they or it; always was able to do that? We ate, freshened up and got ready to save the world; again.

I had the strange feeling that these girls were not with me by accident, they were too darn smart and, did I say really cute too. Their wardrobe though never seemed to change; oh yeah, they started wearing those slippers. Heaven help them should they be over-dressed. Nah!

War always seemed to be something only a few ever wanted, in some instances it was a way of life, in others it was forced on them and in some cases it became the result of those tired of the lawlessness and killing of the times. We discussed this between us; Vernna said that it would be nice if we could go someplace where things were different. Why not? It was not like there was a clock timing us, why not look for someplace where people did not need to kill each other. I took the disc; and thought of going to a place like that.

The light came again, we had been transported to the same desolate world we had been to before. I looked like nothing remained but ruins. The world was barren and bleak no life seemed to exist. So this is what paradise was like. Mankind, it seemed had never found life without killing and strife. Maybe our job was to try to bring order to chaos, before man destroyed itself.

We tried for a time that still had hope.

Perhaps we needed to think about what kind of hope, nothing seemed to be changing,

We all wondered if what we saw, the ashes and ruins of mankind was the hope, was the dawning for a renewed mankind.

Now that we recognized that we had found the time slot we needed to change there were a few things left to do. What to do? and How to do it? Simple we just, mmm, hmmm, ahh ... none of us had any idea.

Note to readers: if you think you know the solution you are welcome to comment. It is not a simple one and requires several, out of the box steps.

We heard that sound again, it was getting closer. Over a rise to the right we saw a head then more, a body, then several more. They were not human, what we saw were mechanicals, robot if you would. We left there and huddled up for the next day.

When we awoke, we were back on the mountain, food water, and clothing, for me at least, my girls really did not need any, they had just gotten slippers after all, what more would they need. The voice sounded. "Yes, We are glad you finally have recognized what time you have to change.

Mankind has been prideful and quite arrogant. Races and worlds that would have helped were turned away. Petty differences took on almost zealot actions to those who were different. Man has reaped the hatred and indifference it has sown. Although there are several possible outcomes, hope still remains, your world may yet be saved and if so, perhaps a better mankind.

Watching you 4 is like seeing children taking their first steps. That you will fall and fail is quite certain. Your pain and confusion part of the learning. That you pick yourselves up, try and try again until you succeed gives us great joy and hope.

I will send you to a new place and time. There, in order to defeat the enemy you must do something you have never done before, armies, machines or man's technology cannot win this battle. Something different is needed and you only need to call upon it in order to use it.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.