Better Left Alone
Chapter 11

Copyright© 2012 by Lapi

Women I thought, just when you think you know them, they start to fool you. I never would want to be separated from any of them; I had grown to love them all.

I now knew Rome would be a destination. I knew that Cleopatra or Isis, whatever was still on my mind and I had to see her again. For now Vernna was happy, I knew Salladin was to take Jerusalem and that we would also need to help Morning Star's tribe when the new Jamestown was founded in 1620, so there were several places we already knew we were going to see.


There seemed to be a lot of people who had done bad things, people seemed good but had died before their time and a huge number of natural disasters. I would ask the voice what was happening about them. I also wondered what was happening to the real me, you back where and when I was at. Oh well, there was much to do. Saving the world was tough work and me and my wives were hungry. We ate, drank water, checked all our new supplies and saw the gold and jewels Cleopatra and the 2 maids had given us. Look out Macy's, here we come. Like we had time to shop, right.

There seemed to be a lot of battles where it seemed the good guys won and the bad guys lost. But there were some, where, I don't know, things had been close. Either many people had died or the outcome of the battles had been undecided until the end. Legends had told of a fabulous island, past the Pillars of Hercules, Poles and Jews were trapped in the walled city of Warsaw. Kursk and Waterloo as well as Trafalgar had all been close battles as was the air duels fought over Ramakhan, you all that one right where the flying cities tried to overcome each other and finally Lord Vishnu had to use atomic bombs to end it all. You know, back in 6738 BC over India. You can read all about it but don't expect a talking book, it is in Sanskrit.

Religion, ethnic origin or wars over land and pride seem to mostly be the reason for many of the conflicts. Some were just for fun or perverse pleasure. Idi Amin Da Da, Saddam and his sons, General Pinotche, Papa Doc and his son fit that category. These might be good subjects in another adventure presents itself; I definitely need to mention all these to the voice.

There was one that lives both in legend and myth, that of Vlad the Impaler; or his son whose family name and title was, Count Dracula. The location would be easy to select, the castle still exists in Transylvania, really, it is in Romania and you can buy real skulls and neat Halloween, scary stuff. We decided to go there. I sure hope the girls don't overdress; it is quite warm in the summer. The light came; then faded.

We found ourselves staring, our mouths open and hands holding our mouths and noses. The stench was like nothing one could imagine. We were looking up, down and all around to men, women and children hanging from all shapes and sizes to cross. All their heads had been severed and lined the castle walls and roadside on stakes. On the ground scattered everywhere were pieces, rotting flesh of babies, sliced open and strewn around the crosses like some carpet.

The women and girls had been raped, their bodied stuffed with dismembered parts of the silent hanging males. Gruesome, Jaded, Grotesque hardly began to describe the carnage around us. We looked at each other and selected another destination, one with fewer bodies; we hoped.

This was not war; these were not soldiers and the only reason that we could think of was that they had been killed for the pleasure of the Count.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.