Better Left Alone - Cover

Better Left Alone

Copyright© 2012 by Lapi

Chapter 10

He showed me a disc and smiled, "When it is over we shall find our own way."

Like Rommel, General Wenck was a figure in history that both sides admired and respected as a person. This was one of those unexplained moments that would be happening a lot to us. He walked away and we did too. We tried to sleep but still heard the cries and sobs of those dying. We awoke the next morning, again near greenery and running water, none of us cared, too much death had been seen yesterday, we did not want to think about what was happening there today.


I say we a lot now, it is a real we, my girls, or wives, or friends, are a part of me, we are a team. They have proven themselves over and over again.

Morning Star and Shiddar hade been given to me as part of some positive help that had been provided, Vernna was given in defeat, that did not seem fair. I knew she was very worried about her people, often she had asked what would become of them now?

It seemed that we should find out.

I was sort of getting used to this mind reading thing, it seemed a lot easier for finding things that I could really change rather than selecting a place or a date which may not lend itself to changes.

Vernna seemed to recognize the area as soon as the light had faded. She wanted to run down to the town and I had never seen her so happy. Just as she was starting to run down. I grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

Hundreds, no, thousands of riders started to circle the village. It was like the story of American Indians riding around wagons. Once they would fire flaming arrows, the people inside would have no chance to survive. I had to do something and do something very quickly.

It seemed silly, but these were The Huns, that was certain and I knew they were a very superstitious lot. I used the disc to summon several items, quickly I instructed my wives on how they might be used and arranged for them to respond to my signals. I slowly walked down; several riders aimed their bows at me until I spoke in their language asking for the leader, Attila. He came riding to me, saying, no demanding to know how I could speak their language? I explained very simply that much was known about the Hun and their great warrior Attila. I then told him that is why I had come to warn him of what would happen to them if they should harm my friends. He laughed, "you are alone, you have no army, I should kill you now but I may let you hear the screams and weeping of your friends as I skin them alive and rape the women and children".

To this I too laughed, raised my hand as thousands of armour clad, Orcs, Goblins and Ogres appeared overhead, as the Hun drew back, Attila I said; "Do you really think your puny army could defeat my minions, why Hell itself fears them." I was really putting it on thick; thank God the movie Lord of the Rings had so many army scenes. Not only did the Hun withdraw, they scurried away so quickly in a few moments there was no sign of them save trampled grasses and horse droppings. Vernna came running down and threw her arms around me kissing me with tears running down her face. "Oh thank you" she cried, "thank you, thank you, thank you." The gates of the village opened several of the Gaul from inside came to us, they knelt down and began begging for us to spare the women and children, the men and whatever gold there was would be given to us.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.