A Return to Greatness
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2012 by Lapi

It had all started so well then 2 things happened that changed the course of the war, changed things very badly. Germany had the best of everything when the war started, with the discovery of even more technology even greater things would be possible. Efforts to understand and to duplicate the wondrous things were already underway. Soon we would rule the world, or so we thought.

Europe 1st, then the med/mid-east, then the UK followed by the Americas, both North and South. If things went as quickly as Poland, the Baltic, Holland, and France had gone the thing would be over within 12 months. China, Russia, the UK and America would soon be busy with the Japanese Empire and help with the desert people would come from the Italian troops. It was all falling into place.

On paper anyway everything was going to plan, perhaps even ahead of schedule. Then ego came into play. The Generals did not like taking orders, each wanted total control, Churchill wanted no blame, FDR was so crippled he did not want anyone to see just what a weak leader he was. Stalin thought this would be a good way to be rid of his perceived enemies (he was paranoid). Italy had visions of El Duce restoring the glories of the past, even the Japanese who were used to following orders, had their preferred sequence of events, they seemed to be more willing to fight the army of navy, since everything had to be done 2 or 3 ways rather than to just do it once. What a waste.

We had captured a source of tremendous knowledge. Those aliens told of many locations where weapons and technology had long ago been stored. Expeditions were on their way even now to recover those things. The materials that had been used to construct the alien ship were not compatible with things found on earth, but the concepts were. Work began immediately, a flying ship, rockets, jet engines and planes, radar, beam weapons and the Atomic Bomb. The rest would have to wait, Germany had exhausted their supply of talent, but it certainly would be enough for now.

Traitors, spies and dissidents opposed to the purification of the fatherland would provide our enemies with much knowledge of the started projects. Our alien friends though, in exchange for certain things would provide several special things. Invisibility generators (Foo Fighters were 1 example) and the ability to create new life designed according to our specification. (Hence the idea of supermen and DNA/cloning/hybrid work done on the camp subjects).

Our alien friends wanted some babies to take back with them, live babies; also Gold, ivory, chocolate (why, I wondered) and a few other things.

Yes we would rule for 1,000 years or more perhaps. That was the plan before a series of stupid decisions on all sides. As was said before it was mostly egos, which prevented rational decisions. Coupled with bad decisions and the fact our alien friends died before a new ship was made for them, things were going off-track now.

The two huge mistakes were not defeating Britain and then invading Russia to find the war on 2 fronts. Stalingrad and diverting a large number of Panzer armies back West may have also been mistakes but were the result of the 1st 2 blunders.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.