A New Begining - Cover

A New Begining

Copyright© 2012 by Scorpionicus

Chapter 4

The law to which Shina was referring stated that if someone was doomed and beyond help, yet someone still saved them, then the person saved and all they owned became the property of their savior. Shina's current situation fit those conditions exactly. And she had continued to feel stronger and livelier as more time passed. And since she was now a High Lord Shina had been given much more than she then realized or was visually apparent.

Shina got up from the bed where she had been sitting with her daughters and Mika and swiftly walked a few steps to a clear area of the room where she dropped to her knees on the floor. Shina then bent down until her face and upper body were on the floor and then said: "My lords, you have saved me when all thought it impossible, when all hope was lost. I and all I have are now yours."

Shina rose a little and quickly moved around until she was now facing away from the High Lords and she again lowered her face and upper body to the floor and this time she raised her behind. Since Shina was naked this left no doubt as to how far she was going in giving herself to her saviors. At the same time, without realizing it, Shina was working a powerful binding spellcraft which Mev and the others could see as a faintly colored line which first surrounded Shina in a circle and then moved outward. The line of power swiftly spread throughout the house out to the very edge of their property. "I and my entire house shall live and die by your command, you may use me however you wish," Shina finished, still remaining in her same position on the floor.

Overwhelmed by the emotion of her new condition Shina had unconsciously worked a powerful binding spellcraft which now bound her to Mev and the other High Lords, a binding powerful enough that even if he wished to Mev would have difficulty in releasing Shina from it. Without even realizing it Shina had opened herself completely to Mev and the others, her mind and thoughts were as open to them as her body. Furthermore, Shina had also bound her daughters, Mika, and every servant and worker who lived in the house to the High Lords in exactly the same way.

In some ways this binding made things easier for Mev but in other ways it complicated them. One complication was he now had a much higher level of responsibility over Shina and the others than he had anticipated having. And likely there would probably be more people who would have to go with them, though perhaps some of the household members could be released to remain on the planet if they wished. Anyone who was subject to the binding must be released from it if they were not brought along, otherwise they would die with the departure.

Since Shina seemed finished Mev walked over to where she was still kneeling. Reaching down he took her right hand and pulled the girl to her feet. To anyone who looked at her now Shina appeared to be no older than her oldest daughter and might seem to anyone who did not know them as another sister.

"What acknowledge what you just did but you must be more careful from now on, you have wrought more than you know at this point," Mev told Shina.

"What do you mean?"

"In addition to your pledge, which I take is a custom of this planet, you have unknowingly placed a spellcraft binding upon yourself. In this instance there is no harm in it since it suits out purpose, however caution is warranted in the future," Mev answered.

"Spellcraft, what is that? I've never heard of such a thing," Shina exclaimed.

"Spellcraft is the name we use for the powers we have, powers which you now share in equal measure with us. However, it will be necessary for you to learn how to use your powers safely which shall take some small measure of time."

"You will teach me?"

"Yes, I and my companions will do so. Don't worry, we will guide you to safely use what you have been given." Mev answered.

"What do you want us to do now?" Shina asked as Lisan came with a robe to cover herself with. Shina accepted this but somehow she didn't feel the same need to cover herself as she had before.

"There is much to be done before we must depart, and little time," Mev replied.

The news of Shina's recovery was announced to all of the inhabitants of her extensive home and almost all of them were overjoyed at the news. Shina soon had a steady stream of visitors expressing their joy at her miraculous recovery. The other High Lords kept themselves in the background during most of this, only requesting the use of an empty room.

The camp they had made outside the city was struck and Anna, Medron, and everything from the camp were transported into this room. Shina and her family had not met the last two members of the High Lord party and they were especially in awe of the robot Medron. Anna just appeared to be an ordinary human girl so she didn't get quite as much attention as the robot did. The culture of the planet understood the concept of robotics and automation but did not quite have the technical capability for it yet.

The family that Shina headed controlled a considerable amount of wealth and she decided to use as much of it as possible before they had to leave the planet. Since the other High Lords assured her that she and everyone else who would be going with her could bring as much as they wanted they immediately began ordering and purchasing all manner of goods and supplies. Mev found it necessary to construct several pocket universes for storage of all the goods and supplies which were being accumulated.

The next day Shina held a private audience in the main hall of her house which was both the largest room and set up for large formal gatherings. The meeting today was for the purpose of determining who wanted to come with the High Lords and who wanted to stay behind. Despite the binding that Shina had unwittingly cast the day before Mev wanted to only bring those in the household who wanted to go.

Since their money would have no value once they left the planet Shina had prepared severance payments for those who would be remaining behind. Even with the supply purchases and the severance payments to those remaining behind only a small part of the available wealth would be used before the departure from the planet.

There was one person in the household who was not happy with how things had turned out at all. For Basak, the household chamberlain, the miraculous recovery of Shina had suddenly thrown his carefully crafted plans for the future into complete disarray. Basak's carefully crafted plans to take over the house and its wealth upon Shina's death were now completely frustrated. His dismay and anger at this turn in affairs was something he had carefully concealed until now.

There was still an opportunity for Basak to accomplish his aim; at least that was his thinking at the time. The opportunity was provided by the ancient laws which were not used much anymore but still applied. There was more risk now and he would have to fight, but Basak was an accomplished swordsman and fighter and he had complete confidence in his martial abilities. Basak's confidence was greater than his actual ability as he wasn't quite up to the level of Shina's daughter's or their teacher. But in his own mind he felt his skill was greater and that feeling impelled his subsequent actions.

The full details of the High Lords' future plans were not revealed to the general household but instead most were told only the minimum they needed to decide if they wished to leave the planet or remain behind. Since their origins off world were well known everyone assumed those who would be leaving would be boarding a space ship in nearby space. Mev and his companions did nothing to correct this assumption, the true means they would be using to leave the planet would be revealed soon enough.

Meanwhile Basak had resolved to bide his time until all those who were to be paid off had received their severance and left the house. While that would deplete the wealth of the house somewhat it would still be only a small fraction of the available wealth, still leaving much for Basak to convert to his own use later. The people leaving now were just ones he would not have to get rid of later after he took over the house.

The key to it all in Basak's mind was to challenge Shina and what the off-worlders had done to her. Considering her previous condition only a short time ago how did anyone even know if Shina was really Shina? Basak was actually himself convinced Shina was still the real woman, but it was certain many others would find that story reasonable after he made his move.

Basak had told Shina he would wait until the end of the session to give his own official decision on if he would leave the house or stay. Basak did have a decision he would be putting forth at that time though it was not either of the ones that would normally be expected from him. But the old laws, which were unchanged and still in force, did allow the decision he was actually going to give.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.