The Teacher
Chapter 23: " ... they were receptive to the idea of establishing the day-care there."

Copyright© 2011 by Cor

"Right, Cathy and I have been talking about that," replied Beth. "It's sort of like the first day of day-care all over again. We need to get organized. We need one of those lists that the teacher sends out on the first day of school going over procedures, what your child will need and rules and expectations of parents. That sort of thing..."

"Exactly, can I delegate that to you, Beth?" asked Lisa.

"Sure, are there a computer and printer around that I can use?"

"Meredith has a printer, but I would just prefer that we keep it paperless. Send out an e-mail instead. It's greener and cheaper. In fact you can use my computer; it has the form that I used when I started at Village. You can use that as a guide."

"So ... I was thinking that the kids should pack their own lunches, snacks and drinks. We also need donations of school supplies, like books, paper, crayons, pencils and paint. Maybe even towels and blankets too."

"Right ... great ideas, all of them, Beth," replied Lisa, she was beginning to see that Beth was part of the 20% that did 80% of the work; she was glad to have her on the team.

"Also, is it just me, or did everyone take a look at our nude bodies and turn tail and run?" pointed out Cathy.

"Yes, we'll have to impress the fact on the parents that the sooner they get comfortable around nudity the better," Lisa pointed out. "And that they should be doing it at home."

"So, what do you think?" asked Joy. "Should we do another meeting or something else... ?"

"I'm thinking a hand out and an announcement," Lisa stated. "We can decide later if we need to have a PTA meeting."

"OK, Joy, we should probably get the kids outside and supervise," said Lisa.

They didn't need to worry; all the kids were there. And they were on their best behavior, all playing and naked. Lisa and Joy stood there for a moment observing. And then Lisa said to Joy to stay there and keep an eye on the kids while she went inside.

Cathy, not Beth, looked up from the computer, "Beth ran out to the grocery store to pick up some things for today. She'll be right back. In the mean time, I can help out with the handout."

She had a couple of questions for Lisa, but she understood what Lisa wanted and got the document done. A few minutes later, Beth returned unpacking her minivan of several bags of groceries.

"This will at least get us started," said Beth, taking off her clothes. "It's mostly food, milk, plates, sanitizer, paper, crayons and some other stuff."

"Wow, that's awesome," Lisa was gratified.

Cathy offered to stay the day to help out with the first day at Meredith's. And Lisa readily accepted. They day went along with everyone feeling their way on how to do things. Lisa was always in charge and used her level-headedness and leadership to help things run as smoother than anyone could have expected.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.