Picking Up the Pieces
Chapter 20

Copyright© 2011 by Wes Boyd

Friday, October 19 - Saturday October 20, 2001

His other calls to New York, the nightly ones to Shae, were much less disheartening. As the month wound down toward the end, they still found they had a lot to talk about. One night, Shae came right out and said, "Damn it, Dave, I miss you and the boys. The phone is only so good. Would you mind if I hopped in the car and drove over to see you this weekend?"

"It's not like it's the next town over," he warned. "It's every inch of six hundred miles."

"I know it," Shae told him. "Remember, I've done it with you once. We're wrapping early Friday, if shooting doesn't get balled up too much. I figure if I can get out by lunchtime or a little after, I could be in Bradford by midnight. Do you and the boys have anything going on this weekend?"

Thrilled and surprised at the thought of seeing Shae again, Dave told her, "The only thing I have is Emily's daughter Kayla is running in the county cross-country championship Saturday morning. Kayla has been a big help with the boys and asked us to come watch her. So has Emily, and I owe her a lot. I figured it would make a nice small excursion for the boys for something different and wouldn't take too long."

"I can't tell you the last time I was at a high school athletic event," Shae replied warmly. "Especially one from Bradford."

"It's not high school; it's middle school," Dave said. "She's only a seventh grader, but she's pretty good; she's medaled several times this fall. The high school kids will run too, I don't know the schedule. I'll have to find out from Emily."

"Sure, assuming the weather is nice, I'd love to come," Shae replied happily. "It'll be fun to do something with the boys."

After talking it over a little they decided to make the visit a surprise for Tyler and Cameron. A couple nights later Shae called at the normal bedtime hour for the nightly story -- but Dave could tell from the sound quality that she was calling on her cell phone, although the boys apparently didn't notice. Dave hadn't talked to Shae directly that afternoon, but presumed she was out on the highway headed their way. Given that the boys were in on the conversation, Shae couldn't exactly say how much longer she would be, but Dave got the idea it wouldn't be long. As the boys went to bed and wound down for the night, Dave began to realize how much he'd missed the tall woman and how much he was looking forward to seeing her.

It was another couple hours before Shae showed up. Dave was in the office, leisurely picking his way through the slush pile when he saw her drive the Taurus into the driveway. To say he raced out of the house to greet her would probably exaggerate the truth, but he didn't waste any time, either -- he was waiting by her car door as she got out. Before they could even say "hello" they were in each other's arms with a long, sensuous kiss that was both tender and insistent. They broke apart for a moment and discovered they both wanted more, so kissed again; her tongue probed to find his own, and getting into the experience he met it just about as eagerly as she did in a hungry, open-mouthed kiss that only raised his passions. She grabbed him by his fanny and pulled him into her until their sexes were pressed into one another. She gave her hips a little gyration, grinding herself into him, and he suppressed a groan only with difficulty.

Finally, they broke apart enough to whisper into each other's ear, although they continued to hold as tight as ever to each other. "God, I missed you, Dave," she said softly.

"I couldn't believe how much I missed you," he replied in a quiet voice.

"Oh, God, I want to kiss you again," she said in a more normal tone of voice. "But I've got to pee so bad I'm going to wet my panties any second now."

"The bathroom is inside, toward the back," he said, letting go of her reluctantly. "Your bags are in the trunk?"

"Bag, I travel light," she smiled, heading for the house with the imminent relief obvious in her voice.

He had her single black bag in the house before she was out of the bathroom, and now she was a little less on edge. "You like something to drink, a cola or something?" he offered as soon as she appeared.

"I need something just about as bad as I needed to get rid of the last one," she smiled. "But nowhere near as bad as I needed that kiss a couple minutes ago."

"I'll get you something," he told her. "Why don't you sit down and take a load off?"

"No, I've been sitting long enough as it is," she protested. "I need to stand up, work out the kinks a bit. I got a little later start than I hoped. John had the day off; Rita was directing, and she couldn't make up her mind whether to shit or go blind. When she finally called it a wrap for the day, I was out of there so quick she couldn't change her mind. The traffic was bad getting out of the city, and it never really thinned out much all the way here."

"Were you driving when you called earlier?"

"Yeah, this side of Cleveland. I've got a headset for the cell phone so I think it worked out pretty good."

"I don't think the boys knew the difference," he told her.

They talked for another few minutes about nothing of any importance. After a while Dave noticed that Shae seemed less than comfortable somehow, and finally asked about it. "I'm pretty stiff," she told him. "Sometimes it bothers me to sit in a car that long, and my back's pretty stiff. I should have been better about taking breaks to get up and walk around, but I wanted to get here before it got too late."

"How about a nice, leisurely backrub?" he offered.

"It sounds heavenly," she smiled broadly. "Especially when a little ibuprofen is included."

A few minutes later they were up in Dave's bedroom. Shae was stretched out full-length, only slightly crosswise on Dave's king-size bed, wearing a T-shirt that would be long on a normal woman, but just barely covered her butt while Dave warmed a bottle of baby oil in hot water in the sink. "I used to have some nice aromatic massage oil," he told her casually, "But either it disappeared in the clean-out of the apartment or I just haven't found it yet. This will work just fine."

"It's been a long time since I've had a really good massage," she said. "Eve used to help me after games sometimes, but her hands just aren't big enough or strong enough to do a good job."

"I hate to tell you, but I'm not exactly a professional," he said. "But, when Julie worked the exchange floor for a while, she was on her feet all day, and she'd come home with a hell of a backache, so I got some practice on her. Now, not wanting to be salacious or anything, but this will work better if you take your shirt off. I can turn my back if you want me to."

"No, I don't mind," she giggled. "At least if it's you. Remember who the exhibitionist here is."

"I know," he smiled back at her as she peeled the shirt up over her head to give him his first view of her bare breasts. They were nicely proportioned for a woman her size, enough shape to be appealing, but not overlarge enough to hang like sacks of mud, either. She had cute, moderately large pink areolas and prominent nipples that almost begged to be played with. "And that's exactly what I'm worried about," he added in appreciation as she lay back down on the bed, now wearing only thong panties.

He started out slowly at her shoulders, using a firm grip and plenty of oil; it didn't take him long to have her moaning with delight. Enjoying the feel of her skin and the obvious pleasure he was giving her, he took his time working his way down her bare back. It had been a long time since he'd done this, even for Julie, and it felt especially good to see he had Shae just about melting under his fingertips. He worked his way slowly down her back until he reached her panties, and figured he'd better not push ahead any further.

"Could I ask you to do my thighs, too?" she asked languidly, as it became clear to her that he was finishing up. "I think they need some of your help, too." He didn't answer her directly, but went to work on her long, muscular legs. He could feel how stiff and knotted her muscles were -- no wonder she was hurting -- but he could feel them loosen up as he worked on one leg, then the other, trading back and forth. He worked well up her legs, and was tempted to work on her butt, left bare by the thong -- but thought better of it with some reluctance, for he realized it could easily take them down a road he wasn't ready to travel just yet.

"There," he said finally. "You ought to be able to get to sleep after that."

"Oh, God, yes," she moaned softly and continued in a husky voice, "It was wonderful. I'm so relaxed I don't know if I can even get up. Can I just stay here and cuddle you tonight like we did the other time?"

Dave knew he should say no -- again, it could take them down the road he wasn't sure about -- but the sheer sensual delight of her skin won the battle against his common sense. "I guess," he said, not without some reluctance. "Just cuddle though, all right?"

"I can do that," she agreed. "I can do it like you want, however you want it."

"How about putting your T-shirt back on?" he smiled at her. "I mean, the temptation, and all."

"All right, spoilsport," she grinned, rolling over to give him another good flash of her bare breasts, then sitting upright to put the shirt back on.

It wasn't long before they were both stretched out in the king-size bed, cuddled up close to each other, arms around each other. Even though she had the T-shirt on, it was thin and he had no difficulty feeling her breasts pressed up against his chest, her lower body tight against his. It felt wonderfully sensual. It also didn't take long for their lips to find each other's, and once again their mouths were crushed together, tongues exploring, just enjoying the feel of having their arms filled with each other.

At some time after they'd been cuddled a while, they pulled their mounts apart and just lay face to face in the darkened room, a street light outside their only light. "Dave," he heard her whisper, barely loud enough to hear even this close.

"Yes?"

"Dave, it's still too soon, isn't it?" she asked quietly.

"Afraid so," he replied just as softly. There were parts of him that wanted to answer another way, and the part between his legs and was pressing very hard against her belly was only one of them. But, something held him back without his thinking about it -- the memory of Julie. No matter what, it was just too soon.

"It's all right," Shae whispered back. "I can wait if I have to."

There was no more talking after that -- Dave just lay there with his arm around her back, as hers was around his. Her head lay on his shoulder in a cloud of soft, warm hair, and soon he heard and felt the gentle breathing that told him she was asleep. Yes, he thought, it's still too soon -- but sitting unspoken in his mind was the feeling that it wouldn't be too soon forever.


Somewhere in the intensity of the previous evening Dave had managed to set the alarm clock. When it went off at its normal time, Dave was about half awake anyway, enjoying the feeling of the big, beautiful blonde still snuggled up against him. She was coming around, too, and it was a joy to open his eyes and look into her face.

They shared a long, gentle kiss as their hands wandered over each other before Shae finally spoke up: "I don't really want to get up, but I suppose we'd better if we don't want the boys to know we spent the night together."

"Yeah," Dave sighed. "I think it might be a little quick for them. In fact, I'm not sure it's not a little quick for me."

"I understand, Dave," Shae smiled. "Like I said last night, I'm willing to wait if I have to. Let's get up and around, get breakfast going, and then I'll go wake them. That ought to be a surprise."

"Oh, yeah," Dave grinned in anticipation. "Tell you what. Let me use the shower first, then you can take your time."

"Good idea," she nodded. "I really need to wash my hair."

Dave grabbed some fresh underwear and headed for the shower. He shaved and brushed his teeth before he got under the spray, and kept it quick since he expected Shae would be waiting for him. She was; when he stepped out of the shower nude, she was in the bathroom equally nude. "Nice package," she grinned at the sight of his rapidly expanding penis.

That one left him with no response without a load of sexual innuendo attached to it; about all he could say was "it serves," and grab a towel to start drying off as Shae ducked her head to step into the shower. He glanced over at her, seeing the distorted image of her nude body in the shower door, and noted that it was good that she wasn't any taller since she pretty well filled the shower -- in fact, maybe had to slouch a little. While he was tempted to hang around and tease her a little, he realized almost immediately it wasn't a good idea, so once he'd dried off and dried his hair, he headed to the bedroom and got dressed.

Having Shae present made things a little special, so he decided to put a little more work into breakfast than usual -- pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs and toast seemed like a good idea, if a little more work than normal. It was Saturday, though, no work and no school. He had things coming along nicely when Shae came down the stairs, wearing a long-sleeved shirt and blue jeans that ended well above her ankles. "Don't know that I've ever seen you in jeans," he commented as something safe to say.

"I haven't ever worn them much," she admitted. "Or any kind of pants, for that matter. I can usually find skirts on the rack I can wear and look good, even if they're shorter on me than the designer intended. But until recently I had to have pants made or make them myself -- even the crossdresser shops can't help much. But since pedal pushers started coming back in a little I can get away with rack stuff once in a while."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.