Future Perfect
Chapter 9

Copyright© 2011 by expresso42

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 9 - Mark Halliwell is a womanising research scientist whose experiments with stasis go awry, and he wakes up 200 years into the future. The idyllic civilisation in which he suddenly finds himself soon turns sour and he is forced into a conflict that will threaten the very fabric of their society.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Science Fiction   Oral Sex  

The following morning, we bathed and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast, before each going our separate ways. Teel would present herself at the nurturing centre to receive her treatment, whilst Nella returned home to await the Tamar's return.

In my workshop, I dismantled the stasis pod and considered ways to boost its performance. After obtaining spare coils, I set about mounting them alongside those already present, in the hope that it would provide the necessary additional field strength. I tested the modified chamber on a rapidly ageing culture of bacteria. The results were encouraging. To verify the improved efficacy of the unit would require a living organism to undergo freezing.

I approached Malik about obtaining a viable test subject for my stasis experiment. He disappeared for a short time to return with the first domestic cat I'd seen since arriving at the citadel. He informed me that despite being relatively rare, a small number of such animals were kept in captivity, purely for experimental work.

The cat was young and incredibly frisky. Within an hour, it had raked its claws down my flesh, leaving a number of bloody trails along my arm. It appeared that he did not much like being confined, so I afforded him free run of the lab, naming him Tiger due to his fiery temperament and distinctive striped markings. He also possessed a voracious appetite. I handed Malik the job of keeping him fed.

With the ladies indisposed, I spent the evening with Sarek. This was the first time in a while that I'd spent significant time with him. We discussed the history of the citadels, the internal structure of the High Council, and his hopes for a time when men would once more walk freely throughout the world.

I'd travelled widely as part of my job, visiting exotic spots around the globe, and found it hard to imagine being constrained to just one location. Whilst doubting that change would come in the few remaining years of his life, Sarek expressed his hope that future generations could experience some of the delights that I tried to express in words. I'd stood looking out over the vast expanse of the Grand Canyon, dived the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Australia, and eaten in some of the world's finest restaurants. In comparison, the citadel was comfortable, but hardly breathtaking.

"Have you considered taking a partner?" Sarek asked. "I'm sure that there are many that would relish the opportunity of sharing their lives with such a unique individual as yourself."

"I've not really given the matter much thought," I admitted tactfully. "Things have been quite hectic recently, especially with my new research about to start."

"On stasis, I hear."

"That's right. I'm currently trying to reproduce the serum that allowed my body to be frozen in suspended animation."

"Is this theoretical research, or do you have a specific application in mind?"

"The same application I originally intended. When people are badly hurt, it would allow their body to be preserved indefinitely, until a treatment or the necessary skills could be developed to help them."

"Commendable, I'm sure. I'm not sure how many patients would benefit, as perhaps only two or three people a year are seriously injured. The last fatality was two years ago when some careless soul fell down the power distribution shaft."

"I'll bet that hurt," I cringed.

"He passed through the stasis conduit and was severed in half. I doubt even your proposed treatment could have been of much assistance in that particular instance."

"Perhaps not. I know it seems like a waste of time, but it keeps my brain active," I replied. "It's been nice sitting idly around all day, chatting with Nella and Teel, but much more of it and I think I'll be jumping down the power distribution shaft."

Sarek looked shocked for an instant, before realising that I was only joking.

"I'm glad they could provide some company for you," Sarek said.

I smiled as I realised he had no idea exactly the nature of the company they'd been providing.

"I'm more of a geneticist than a physicist," I admitted. "I wanted to work on more pressing issues, such as your reproduction problem, but was not offered the opportunity. I'm sure you have your best minds working on it."

"Yes indeed. Petrius has laboured on that particular task for a great number of years, without making much headway, unfortunately. Were it not for our gene manipulation techniques, we would probably have all died out long ago."

"Is it the same story with the other citadels?"

"I assume so. They were all built around the same time and operate in a similar manner."

"You've never visited them?"

"Why should I?"

"How do you know they even exist?"

"I occasionally use the microwave link to send messages to fellow historians, when the information I require is not in our archive."

"But they might not exist. It might be a vast conspiracy to hide the truth that your colony is the only one."

Sarek laughed at the preposterousness of my suggestion.

"Before I was born, men launched a spacecraft that allowed them to set foot upon the moon," I told him.

"I'm aware of that. Vast resources expended for such a futile gesture of showmanship, when people in other parts of your world were starving to death."

"That aside, there was a theory that the landings never took place, and that all the footage received from the moon was actually filmed in a huge studio mock-up, located somewhere in the Nevada Desert."

"An interesting and thought-provoking concept. So you hypothesise that the other citadels don't really exist either?"

"Or live a different type of way of life than you do here. How would you know that that wasn't the case, if you've never seen them?"

"I suppose I wouldn't. But why instigate such a deception?"

"I don't know," I laughed. "It was just a crazy notion."

He nodded. "We must talk more often, Mark. Your thinking is quite unlike anyone I've ever encountered, a most refreshing change."

I slapped him on the shoulder, and agreed to meet him for dinner the following day.


The vials containing the constituents of the blood additive were waiting on my workbench, and I immediately outlined the steps needed to synthesise the solution. Tiger watched my every move, not realising how he would test the product of my labour, and perhaps pay the ultimate price if my recollections were in error. I spent all afternoon in preparation, with the intention of starting the complex formulation the following day.

Nella joined Sarek for dinner, and we all enjoyed the pleasure of each other's company. I was disappointed when she left to join Tamar.

"I'm afraid she's already partnered," Sarek informed me, as he observed my lingering look as she disappeared from sight.

"I know," I grumbled. "She's exactly the type I go for, smart and sexy."

"I believe their contract is only for another year. Maybe with a little patience..."

"You cunning dog," I teased.

"It has been interesting watching the two of you together. I suppose in your time, the temptation to steal another man's partner would have been irresistible."

"Quite a lot of that went on," I agreed. "It caused quite a lot of upset at times, and not an inconsiderable amount of violence ... even dare I say, murder."

"I'm aware of the savage nature of your civilisation. If anything, that is one of the few redeeming qualities of our society."

"One of the few? Hardly a ringing endorsement."

"A figure of speech. There are very few things that I'd change."

"But there are some?"

"You're putting words into my mouth," Sarek grinned. "I'm entirely happy with the way things currently are."

I nodded, not entirely convinced by his reply.


The synthesis of the bio-fluid was as complex as anything I'd ever undertaken. At Genotech, thirty chemists were involved in the preparation, and the handling and storage of its constituents. Whilst the citadel's machines had provided most of the components, combining them together required the skill and patience of a Michelin-starred chef.

It would take three days to complete the work, three days of unending toil. One tiny mistake would render the whole procedure useless and require starting anew. At the end of the period, there would be enough of the compound to treat three people, and one unsuspecting feline.

I was thorough and methodical. By the end of the first day, I was more exhausted than after a marathon session with both Nella and Teel. Nevertheless, it engaged my brain in a manner I'd long since forgotten. I was totally in my element.

My enthusiasm was written indelibly across my face, a fact picked up on immediately by both Nella and Sarek. Nella informed me that she'd visited Teel. The implantation had progressed to plan, and she was now resting to ensure her body accepted its tiny charge.

I tried to imagine the spark of life growing inside her. Months from now, her belly would swell, and shortly after that, a new citizen would emerge into the world. Everything would be carefully ordered and choreographed, like every other function of the citadel. I failed to work up much enthusiasm for Teel's condition, wondering how much better things would be if left solely to chance.

As we prepared to leave, Nella dropped a subtle hint that Tamar had a night patrol. Ten minutes later, she was naked on my bed. We made love once, slowly and tenderly. I had little energy for more. Afterwards, I spooned behind her and fell asleep.


It was the middle of the night and I came awake sensing that something was amiss. I was alone in the bed but sounds from the adjoining room drew my attention. I rushed over to find Nella squatted over the bath, facing away from me. Her hips were elevated in the air, presenting a tempting target. My cock rose to the occasion, but dampened immediately when Nella groaned and vomited.

"Are you okay?" I gasped. She turned and nodded, her face pale and wan. "You look terrible."

"I've been better," she uttered, then put her hand over her mouth. She turned away and heaved repeatedly, producing nothing but thick phlegm. "The soup must have disagreed with me."

"Should I call a physician?"

"No. I'm beginning to feel much better now."

The bath filled and emptied, flushing away the mess she'd made. I used a spare towel to wipe it down and then urged her into the depression, holding her hand as the water engulfed her. I spent the remainder of the night providing comfort, fetching drinks and pampering her. With both of us exhausted, I insisted on escorting her back to her quarters.

I'd have remained until Tamar returned, but she insisted it would be better for me not to be discovered alone with her in the room. Reluctantly, I took my leave and stopped off in the food area, collecting a small amount of breakfast to take with me to the lab.

Malik stared in horror at the food arranged on my bench. I grabbed a handful of fruit, stirred a bubbling retort, and then returned for another mouthful.

"Don't tell me that you've never grabbed food on the go," I teased. He shook his head, never believing that anyone would eat anywhere but in the designated area. I pretended to add a piece of fruit to the flask.

"No," he gasped, thinking I was about to deliberately sabotage my own work.

Popping the orange segment into my mouth, I readjusted the process heat. I worked until late, breaking off only to eat once more. I caught Sarek leaving after his meal, and asked about Nella. He was unaware that she was even ill, and promised to check in on her on his way back to his quarters.

I returned to the lab area, eerily quiet now that it was devoid of life. It was an ungodly hour when I finally returned to my room. I'd made up for all the time lost during the morning, tending to Nella. Only a couple of processes remained for the following day. I collapsed on my bed and fell asleep.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.