The Amulets of Power IV: the Burma Conflict
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2011 by Uncle Jim

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Bill and Suenee spend some time at 46th Group Headquarters, but there is trouble brewing in the Shan States, and Bill is soon on a Team headed there to solve the problem with a little help.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Oral Sex   Pregnancy   Military  

The following characters return from Part 3:

Sgt. Bill Baker

Radio Operator, 5'-10" tall, 160 pounds, 25 years old, auburn hair, hazel eyes

Suenee Sa

Bill's wife, 5'-2" tall, 112 pounds, 34C-23-35, 22 years old, brown eyes, long black hair, oval face, very cute

CSM Sawyer

Command Sergeant Major 46th Group, 6'-6" tall, 275 pounds, 43 years old, black hair, brown eyes


CSM Sawyer's wife, 5'-10" tall, 140 pounds, 38C-25-37, 26 years old, brown eyes, long black hair


SFC, Engineer, Bill's friend and teammate, 5'-9" tall, 155 pounds, 32 years old, blond hair, blue eyes


Tweed's wife, daughter of the Governor of Luang Phrabang, 5'-6" tall, 120 pounds, 20 years old, 36C-23-35, long shiny black hair, brown eyes, stunningly beautiful

COL Thuathao

Senior Colonel, Thai Special Forces, Suenee's 'uncle', 5'-10" tall, 170 pounds, 48 years old, black hair going gray at the temples, brown eyes

COL Page

Commander, 46th Special Forces Group, 5'-11" tall, 190 pounds, 50 years old, gray hair, hazel eyes

LTC Philip Hawkins

Executive Officer, 46th Group, 6'-1" tall, 185 pounds, 46 years old, brown hair, blue eyes.

MAJ Carlson

S-3, 46th Group, 5'-9" tall, 160 pounds, 40 years old, sandy blond hair, gray eyes

LTC Hopkins

J-2, JUSMACTHAI, 6'-0" tall, 175 pounds, 40 years old, black hair, blue eyes

My name is Bill Baker, and I am presently a Staff Sergeant, E-6. I'm assigned as a radio operator to the 46th Special Forces Group at Camp Pawaii in Lop Buri, Thailand. I'm married to the sweetest girl in the world. Her name is Suenee Sa, and she is Thai. We have one daughter named Lesia (Leck), and we live off post not far from Camp Pawaii and the town of Lop Buri.

The 46th Special Forces Group is co-located with the Headquarters of Thai Special Forces at Camp Pawaii. Since arriving here in mid-August of 1967 following a tour with an Advisory Team in Luang Phrabang, (See Amulets III for the details), I have discovered that the 46th is involved in a lot more than just its role as a Headquarters for the A-teams and Adviser Teams that assist the Thai Army in the field.

There is also a large detachment devoted to assisting Thai Special Forces with training, and another detachment that assists and provides training to the Thai Border Police. With its extensive borders, Greater Thailand has a great need for both branches. Additionally there are advisers to the Thai Ranger units. I had become aware of all of these different missions while working at my job in the communications center at the 46th Group Headquarters.

Lop Buri is located 130 km (81 miles) north of Bangkok and is an ancient town. Artifacts found in the area have been traced back to the Bronze Age some 3500 years ago. The town itself is believed to have been founded in 648 AD by King Kalavarndish from Northwest India. It was called Lavo for much of its early existence. Over the centuries the town was influenced by many other cultures: Indian, Mom, and Khmer. Its existence is recorded during various eras in Chinese records. The conquering Khmers built many impressive temples in the city during their rule. The remains of these temples still draw tourists to the area.

The town eventually came under the influence of the Thai Kingdoms of Sukhothai and later Ayutthaya. In 1665, King Narai the Great of Ayutthaya ordered a summer palace built there on the east bank of the Lop Buri river, and made Lop Buri the second capital of the country. After King Narai's death the town fell into disuse.

In 1856 King Mongkut, Rama IV of the Chakri dynasty, ordered King Narai's palace to be renovated, and the city restored as an inland Royal City. Lavo was also renamed Lop Buri in this period.

The town finally regained its importance in 1938, when the Thai Prime Minister, Marshal Phibul Songkram, developed the Lop Buri area to be the major Thai Army training center.

Lop Buri is located east of the Chao Phraya River valley between the Lop Buri River and the Pa Sak River. Thirty percent of the surrounding area is low alluvial plain. The remaining seventy percent is intermixed between plains and hills with the Phetchabun Mountains in the East leading to the Korat plateau.

In September of 1967, Lop Buri was no longer the sleepy rural military town it had been. Due to communist insurgencies, over the last twenty years, its facilities had been greatly expanded, and today there were three Thai Special Forces Training Facilities in the area along with an Artillery Training Facility, A Thai Ranger Training Facility, and, as I later learned, a Thai Army Sniper School.

We were hardly settles into our new house in late August, 1967, when Suenee suggested (rather strongly) that we needed to visit her parents in Thon Buri. Our daughter Lesia, who Suenee always called Leck, was thirteen weeks old and her parents hadn't seen her yet. Additionally, Suenee hadn't seen her parents since shortly after we were married, nearly a year ago, and truthfully she missed them.

On Saturday morning, the 2nd of September, we left our new home in a car that Suenee had arranged through her Amulet connections and headed for Bangkok. We arrived at her parents house in Thon Buri just after 1100 hrs that morning. Suenee's parents were very surprised to see us and our (relatively) new addition.

Suenee greeted her father, Lao, with a traditional very respectful Sawat Dee and wai before rushed into his arms and hugged him with a sigh, while I held the baby. He was, after all, the only other male that could touch her without dying.

"Oh, Father," she whispered in Thai, "I have missed you soo much. I saw Uncle Thuathao in Luang Phrabang and wanted to hug him so, but I knew that I couldn't and was so sad." Suenee finished in tears.

"Yes, my daughter. It is the one negative in being dedicated to the Amulets, but there are many more positives," her father told her.

Suenee's mother, Bounam, was very excited to see her most recent granddaughter and soon whisked Suenee and the baby off to a room upstairs to talk and allow Lesia to sleep. That is after all what three month-old's do.

Suenee's father shook hands with me after the more formal wai greeting and his daughter had released him. I could even understand much more of what he said to me now, as my knowledge of the Thai language had increased that much.

It was some time later, when Suenee came back downstairs, that she told her father of my being awarded the "Yodhim" medal of the Honorable Order of Rama. My father-in-law was greatly impressed with this, and even spoke to me in English, which he had an excellent command of, but seldom used any more since retiring.

"I am impressed that you have obtained such an honor, son-in-law. It certainly validates my daughters choice of you as a husband. Although, I understand that the choice was actually made by the Amulets. Still this is an achievement worthy of a great warrior. You must tell me how you won this. I know from old friends still in the government that there were serious attacks on the borders of the Kingdom earlier this year, and I presume that it was during one of these attacks that your performance warranted such a prestigious award."

I related to my father-in-law the events of last March in quite some detail. Since he was knowledgeable about the Amulets, I didn't need to leave anything out.

"Yes, son-in-law Bill, you are definitely worthy of the honor associated with the "Yodhim" medal. Do you know when the award ceremony will be?" he asked.

"Colonel Thuathao only said the award ceremony would be held in Bangkok, and that we would be notified when to be there," I informed him.

"Ah yes, my old friend Thuathao. I haven't seen him in some time. I'm sure that he will be here for the ceremony. You must come as early as possible and stay here. I will send him an invitation to stay here also, although he needs no invitation being my good friend. It will be good to see him again," my father-in-law told us enthusiastically.

We had been joined during my tale by Suenee's brother and two of her sisters. Her brother speaks very good English but my two sisters-in-law speak very little, and he had to interpret for them. They too had been impressed that I was to be awarded the medal. I'm sure that Suenee informed her mother about me receiving the medal, because my mother-in-law was much more friendly to me than she had been previously.

The remainder of our visit was fairly peaceful, and on Monday afternoon, the car that we arrived in returned, and we were driven back to Lop Buri, arriving around 1900 hrs that evening. I know that Suenee gave the driver, an older woman who she chatted with during both trips, some money, but I didn't know how much and wasn't worried about it, as we had an excellent ride both ways. Suenee had arranged many such things during our time together, through the Amulets, and they had always worked out well.

Lesia had slept the whole of the way back, but was awake now and hungry. Suenee fed her first and after she dropped of to sleep, Suenee fixed us some dinner. We were in bed, but only to sleep soon after that, as tomorrow was a duty day.

We had missed quite a bit of sleep during our visit to my in-laws. There had been a party at a restaurant on Saturday night, a visit to the Amulet's Wat on Sunday, and a late dinner at another restaurant on Sunday night. Monday had been spent getting ready to leave, once we got up.

"My Bill, we cannot visit my parents that often," Suenee told me, as we lay in bed that night, "There is too much partying in Bangkok." I was relatively well rested for work the next day.

My job in the communications center isn't very strenuous, and I have adequate time for PT each day. I had started running after we were settled in here and did other exercises also to keep in shape. Running was mainly restricted to the mornings, as it gets very hot in Lop Buri, and running after about 0830 hrs isn't recommended.

Since we usually receive the consolidated reports from our B-Detachments during the morning hours, I had started running at 0615, just after full daylight, then showering and having a light breakfast before reporting to work at 0800 hrs.

Of course the one slight fault with this schedule was that I was the go-to-guy when communications were difficult, as my Top Secret radio always seemed to be able to pick up messages even in the worst conditions. That meant I was often held over at work on a lot nights for late, and often very late, work receiving message traffic. Suenee, of course, understood this but that didn't make it any easier on our life or my PT schedule.

I had been very surprised that CSM Sawyer, our new Command Sergeant Major, had been in camp for a whole six weeks, since taking that position. That of course changed on Monday the 9th of October when Sawyer took off with several other NCOs for Chang Rai in northern Thailand. It seems that the Thai Border Police had a particularly sticky problem and Sawyer and the others had gone up there to "assist our partners in the Border Police" as Sawyer put it to the Colonel when he got back.

Colonel Page, the Group Commander, had been less than happy to discover his Sergeant Major gone without informing him. Sawyer had, of course, claimed that it was an emergency and the Border Police had later sent a letter thanking the 46th Group for their prompt assistance in a crisis. How much of that was true, I'll leave up to you, the reader, to decide, as I'm sure that you know Sawyer at least as well as I do.

Things settled down again after that little incident, and it was on Wednesday, the 22nd of November, that COL Page received a visit from COL Thuathao, and I was summoned to the Colonel's office in our Headquarters.

"What have you done, Baker?" Sawyer demanded as soon as he saw me when I entered the building.

"I haven't done anything, Sergeant Major!" I said in self-defense.

"Why does the Colonel want to see you then?" he demanded in slightly less than a shout.

"I have no idea."

"Well, straighten your uniform and knock on his door. He said to send you right in when you arrived," Sawyer directed. I did as directed, was told to 'come in', and marched up to the Colonel's desk and saluted.

"Sir, Sergeant Baker reporting as ordered."

"At ease, Sergeant," the Colonel said with a smile after returning my salute. "Colonel Thuathao has informed me of when you are to report to Bangkok to be awarded your medal by the Thai government."

"It's good to see you again, Sergeant Baker," Colonel Thuathao said in excellent English from the side of the desk. "How is my sometime niece?"

"Suenee is fine, sir. Her father said that he was looking forward to seeing you again when we were there in September."

"Yes, my good friend, your father-in law, sent me a letter inviting me to stay there when I come to Bangkok for the ceremony. TSF will have a number of people receiving medals also," he informed me. Again my Commander, COL Page, was somewhat shocked at our short discussion.

"Yes," COL Page said, "Colonel Thuathao has informed me that the presentation will be held on Thursday, the 7th of December, in the Hall of the Grand Palace. We are to be there no later than 1030 hrs for preparations and instructions. I propose to leave here on the 5th of December."

"That is the King's Birthday," COL Thuathao stated, "and not an auspicious day to travel to Bangkok. I would recommend that you leave on the 4th of December."

"Yes, certainly, I had forgotten," COL Page said. "We'll leave here on the 4th of December."

"Sergeant Baker, would you and your family care to travel with me? Since we will be going to the same place, it would seem to be a good idea?" COL Thuathao asked.

"Yes sir. I'm sure Suenee will be glad to see you again. She has missed you and was sorry that you couldn't hug her any longer," I told him.

"Yes, that is one of the unfortunate aspects of being dedicated to the Amulets, but there are other compensations," he said with a smile.

"We'll work out everything later, Sergeant Baker. You can return to work now," COL Page told me. I saluted both Colonels and left the office.

"Well?" Sawyer demanded when I came out of the Colonel's office.

"It was about the presentation of the medal," I told him.

"That was all?" he asked, apparently disappointed.

"Yes, apparently the Thais take it very seriously," I told him. "It looks like I'll be leaving on the 4th of December. Colonel Thuathao offered Suenee and me a ride down in his car. I don't think our Colonel was happy about that."

"Who all will be going?" Sawyer asked, eagerly.

"I'm not sure. That's to be discussed later," I told him. I could almost see the wheels turning in Sawyer's head.

"I'll get a hold of you when things are sorted out," Sawyer assured me before I returned to work.

The next day was Thanksgiving and the cooks at 46th Group put on a great Thanksgiving meal. Everyone in the unit that was in the Lop Buri area was there and many from the various training detachments also attended. All of the dependents of 46th Group soldiers were also invited. Suenee, Sophie, and Phesila attended with their children. Phesila had gotten quite large with pregnancy but was even more beautiful. She was still nearly three months from delivering.

There were also several of the senior officers wives and children there, but the Thai women were the center of attention with their fine figures, long black hair and beauty. Additionally many of the men were interested in their babies. Sophie's twins were especially popular. Sawyer, Tweed, and I had to keep the other men from touching our wives, as even a hand shake could result in death. All three could only be touched by their husbands or fathers. It was the price demanded by the Amulets for their protection. Sawyer and I handled the babies for the guys who wanted to see them.

"I have to tell you Sergeant Major that you are in for a lot of trouble," LTC Hawkins told the Sergeant Major while we were showing off the children.

"How is that, sir?" Sawyer asked.

"As cute as those two girls are now, when they get a little older they're going to be real charmers. You're going to have every young boy around coming to see them. As a father with two daughters, I can guarantee it. So will Baker and Tweed. As beautiful as Tweed's wife is, she couldn't help having a beautiful daughter. You are all in trouble. You just don't know it yet," the Colonel told him with a big grin.

"They'll have to deal with me, if they come sniffing around my daughters," Sawyer told him grumpily.

"It's the ones you don't see that can be the biggest problems. Trust me, you can't watch them every minute of the day. Sometimes you just have to trust them to do the right thing because you raised them with the right values," the Colonel told him. Sawyer looked very thoughtful after that.

The meal was fabulous and everyone had a good time and forgot about why we were here for a time. Suenee and I were ready to leave after an hour or so. Sophie joined us, as twins are a lot to deal with in a crowd. Phesila also came with us. Being pregnant, she didn't do well on her feet for too long. Sawyer and Tweed stayed for a while longer.

On Tuesday, the 28th, Sawyer called me up to his office for a meeting.

"This is what has been arranged," he told me after we were alone in his office. "The Colonel will be going down to JUSMAG on Sunday, the 3rd of December, supposedly for a meeting there on the 4th. Sophie, the girls and I will be leaving on Monday morning. I've rented a car with a driver to take us down. We'll be staying at the Team house on Soi Tonson. Are you still traveling with Colonel Thuathao?" he asked.

"Yes, I believe so. I haven't seen him since the meeting with the Colonel. I'll check with Suenee tonight."

"Fine. On the morning of the 7th, we are to all meet the Colonel at JUSMAG. The Colonel has decided that we will all wear our Greens. Get yours checked out and cleaned and pressed. I tried to convince him to go in camouflage or TWs. I hate Greens and that necktie, but he was insistent," Sawyer told me.

"Yes, its been a long time since I wore my Greens," I told him before leaving.

Two days later things changed again. COL Thuathao arrived at the Com Center where I work just before 1000 hrs. Everyone jumped to attention when he entered, but he quickly gave 'at ease'. Our OIC (Officer in Charge) reported to him, but the Colonel only needed to see me, and we went outside for a little privacy to talk.

"Sergeant Baker, orders have come down from Thai Army Headquarters that all recipients and their sponsors are to be in duty uniform. For those in Special Forces that means camouflage fatigues and beret. Do you have a new set of camouflage fatigues? They will need to be starched and have all of your patches and insignia on them," the Colonel informed me.

"Yes, sir. I have a set that I got a couple of weeks ago to replace some warn ones and haven't worn yet. I'll get then starched and ironed. I'll wear my spit-shined Corcoran jump boots, also," I assured him.

"Yes, that will make a good impression. I'll pick up Suenee and you at 0900 hrs on Monday morning," he told me before we saluted and he departed. Immediately after that I went to see Sawyer.

"Colonel Thuathao was just here to see me," I told him when I got to his office. "Thai Army Headquarters has ordered that all recipients and their sponsors are to wear duty uniforms. TFS is going in Camouflage fatigues - well starched," I informed him.

"Who is your sponsor?" Sawyer asked.

"That I'm not sure of. It's the one thing that Colonel Thuathao didn't cover," I told him.

"I'll have to talk to the Colonel about this," Sawyer told me. "I'll come down to commo when we work this out."

Back at work, everyone wanted to know what was going on that a TSF Colonel was visiting me. My boss especially wanted to know, and wasn't happy at all when he found out that I would be gone for nearly a week. Sawyer came down to see me an hour or so later.

"The Colonel decided that he will still go in Greens, but that I should wear camouflage fatigues, just in case. I definitely feel better about that," the big man told me with a grin.

When I got home that night, I told Suenee about the arrangements for the trip. She was happy to be visiting her parents again and to be traveling with her 'uncle' Thuathao. Suenee made sure that my uniform and boots were ready over the next few days. She also packed the clothes that we would be taking with us to Bangkok.

For the rest of this story, you need to Log In or Register