Steve and Chuck - Changes and Life Adjustments
Chapter 7

Copyright© 2011 by Dual Writer

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 7 - A continuation of the Steve and Chuck's saga within Florida Friends. New arrivals cause a stir while Chuck is confronted with new challenges.

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic  

Steve

As soon as I stepped out on the patio, Tiny came in the back door, waving some papers while grinning his conspiratorial grin. I asked, "What are up to, Tiny? What's got you wound up so early?"

"I've just heard from another Saudi sheik who is buying a new 737. The man heard we were buyers and called our office. The night customer service people transferred the call to me and we will get the new or rather new/used bird today. The Sheik's agent said we would like the price. I don't even know what we're paying for it."

"Ah, Tiny, you know it's not my money, or even yours, it's Chuck's. Even though I still have a small piece, and so do you as part of the S&S 401K plan."

Tiny looked at me sheepishly, "Yeah, I know, but this is too good to pass up, or at least I hope it's too good to pass up. Do you think Chuck will be here this morning?"

I said, "Most likely. He'll probably go to his office this morning, and then spend some time with Mark working out plans for his island paradise. I hope he'll have the money to buy another airplane. Maybe we could get a leasing company to buy it and lease it back to us."

"If we did that," Tiny exclaimed, "We could have Chuck take a fat profit on the bird for operating capital."

"Jesus, Tiny, you know how straight Chuck is. He's going to be pissed if you suggest something like that."

Tiny said, "You really need to teach the kid about business, the same as I had to teach you, or rather how Ben and I had to teach you. You don't ever lie, but you might forget to tell everything you know sometimes. There's no shame in making a profit."

We were both having our first cup of coffee as Glenda came in the side door and Ruth came through the back. Glenda asked, "What's got you wound up, Tiny?"

Ruth answered for him, "The man has been talking to some guy from Saudi Arabia for the last half hour. He was so excited; I didn't think he was going to remember to put shorts on. Whatever it is, it must be good."

Tiny grimaced, "I guess I better temper my enthusiasm until I talk to Chuck. He was a little put out about the other 737s we bought and leased. He doesn't have anything to worry about as they are all busy and we'll now have another one to put to work."

By six thirty the patio was full with all of my women and the children now up. Some were eating, some reading their school lessons, and some having orange juice and milk while discussing their day.

At five to seven, five big passenger carts pulled up to the patio and delivered Chuck and all of his family, Peaches and her two girls, along with Pop, Rags, and the rest of the musicians. We were going to have to get a bigger table. I turned to Martin: "Martin, how about seeing the people we get the tables from and adding another row? I think we can get another row in without any trouble, and if that isn't big enough, we can add a table on each row."

Martin grinned at me, "I know, and if that isn't big enough, you'll just build a bigger patio. I'll talk to Abe today to see if he wants to do it with me. If not, I'll get someone to drive me down to order the additional units."

When I looked at Martin a little funny, he said, "I'm not driving much anymore, Steve. I don't see all that well anymore. I can get to the grocery or drug stores, but I don't want to drive down in the city. I just don't trust myself."

My heart was full of love for the old gentleman and sad that he is declining. I suppose it's only reasonable at his age. When I look at Glenda, I realized the old couple had aged since we began our companionship. My family needed to take care of them and help them all we can. Mercy came to me and hugged me. She smiled up at me and comforted me, "They're doing fine. Martin just doesn't want to cause someone else grief out on the road."

"You are too perceptive, Mercy. Don't you ever let me have thoughts to myself?"

Mercy grinned, "All the time, Steve. I let you be you and think what you think, but I want to be there when you are troubled."

She looked up at me, "Besides, do you want the triplets to be upset because you're upset? They'll pick up on it fast if they haven't already."

Chuck and Tiny were having an animated discussion by the bar, but Chuck wasn't acting mad, just boisterously waving his hands and arms around. When I went up to them, Chuck was saying: "Tiny, you are amazing. You buy another big plane and don't even know how much we or I will be paying for it. I'm happy we are getting another big aircraft, but we are really going to have to get an accurate accounting of what I can and cannot afford."

Tiny was just drinking his coffee and listening as if chastised. Chuck asked him, "Do me a couple of favors; one, find out how much we're paying for the aircraft; and two, see what you can do about getting a 737 school to be held here. We can bring in our pilots from all over to attend. Make sure it is for two complete sessions, so those who can't come the first time can attend the second session."

Now Tiny was smiling, "I can do all of that. At least you want to keep this one. What about leasing it? We can sell it to the leasing company and lease it back. We could even get some operating cash out of it if we buy it cheap enough."

Chuck did what I expected, "Oh, Tiny, you have a devious money mind. If it's cheap enough and I have the cash, I'll buy it. If not, we'll give the leasing company a bargain and lease it back at a reduced rate. A win win for everyone."

Tiny looked at me, shaking his head, but smiling. Phil came up to Chuck and said, "I heard you're starting a big machine shop. Do you have anything to sell yet? Can you give me a price list?"

I had to laugh; the idea had only begun this past weekend, and Billy was just starting to get organized. Chuck looked confused, so I told Phil, "Hold your horses, Phil. The first part they make won't be for almost a year. We have to build a plant, buy all of the equipment, and train the men who will run it. You know this is a Wounded Warrior program that Chuck is sponsoring, so it could take a little longer than a year."

Billy was listening and offered, "I'll get some general price lists together, Phil. If I have anything to do with this, we'll be training people in the school off hours as soon as I get some men who want to be machinists. I'm putting out bulletins in our Vet Village today, so I'll have people to talk to beginning this evening. If you know of any machinists that are looking for a job, have them get a hold of me. I have one man that I will be working with at my shop today. The guy almost begged me to begin teaching him."

Chuck was grinning as this is what he wanted. He wanted to see men succeed who were not as fortunate as he was. I knew how he felt, as I could have easily been one of those guys too.

It looked like Chuck's Italian friend was integrating well with everyone. He was in a conversation with Rags while Mesa was talking with Gina. My Giovanna was also in the conversation across from them. Beth had stayed over last night to help Missy get the kids back into the habit of classes again. Mine may have been a little behind since we had been doing the world traveling thing. I knew the moms had been diligent, having the kids study some of their home school books daily, but I had to believe there might have been a lot of goofing off instead of studying.

As I was looking over the mass of humanity that joined us in the morning, Ben walked in the door with his briefcase. He went to Beth, gave her a kiss, found Sue for a hug, and came to where Chuck, Tiny, and I were having breakfast and coffee. Ben said, "Good morning, Men. This is a great morning, isn't it?"

Chuck looked at Ben suspiciously, "What are you up to, Ben? Have you been dabbling in risky stuff again?"

"No oil in Mexico, Chuck. I do have some of our money in a couple of things that should be profitable, but right now, we have too much cash without any really big deals out there to invest in."

I asked, "So what has you smiling big enough to split your lips?"

Ben put his briefcase on the bar, opened it, sorted through some papers, and handed out separate bundles to Tiny, Chuck, and me. Ben said, "These are some summaries for you guys. I know you can't keep up with everything I'm doing, and I heard Chuck was a little frustrated that he doesn't know how much cash he has available to do some of the projects he's planning."

Ben puffed up a little, "These will give you an absolute accounting of what you have invested through me, and unless you have some secret bank accounts, they show each of you what you have invested, and what cash you have available." Ben reached over Chuck's papers and pointed to a bottom line, "This is the amount you have available to spend right this minute without having to take any penalties for withdrawing bond type investments."

Chuck's eyes were bugging out and his chin dropped open in surprise. He said, "You can't be serious, Ben. Who do you have my account mixed up with, Warren Buffett?"

Ben smiled, "If you want it in hundreds, I'll begin calling the financial institutions to convert gold and begin rounding up bills."

Chuck looked at Tiny, "If Ben's already paid for all the other 737s like you said he has, just pay for this one and forget everything else I said earlier, except about the training sessions."

Now it was Tiny who was feeling proud of making another good deal for all of us.

Chuck handed his stack of paper back to Ben, "Forget you gave this to me and just continue what you're doing. Cover the bills from the house for me the way you have been doing. Check with Brandy and Wanda to make sure the household is keeping up and let's see if I can spend some money."

I folded up my sheaf of papers and put them into my back pocket to show the girls later. They will get a kick out of how well we're doing in this screwed up economy. Sue had been bragging on how Quality has been doing, so our family has been and is doing well.

I told everyone, "I need to get going. There are a couple of people who want to talk to me this morning, so I'd best be getting into the office." I shook hands all around and went to find all of my women and kids to say goodbye for the day.

When I found Sue, last of all my women, she said, "Make sure you come home for the gym, lunch, and some swimming. We both need to get back into our exercise habit." When she said this, she wrapped her arm around mine and began walking out with me. As we left the patio, Kathy joined us on my other side. The two girls stood in front of me, "You know you're going to be a dad again, right?"

I said, "Sure, Mickey is coming along very nice. Is she alright?"

Kathy was rolling her eyes in her "You are such a dummy," look.

Sue said, "Mickey is fine, but your new dark skinned beauty is throwing up and grinning. Gio is going to contribute to the family."

Now it was my mouth that was open, and I asked the dumb question, "How did that happen?"

Kathy and Sue both broke out laughing. Kathy said, "The same way Greg and Bonita happened. I took seriously what you poked at me in fun, or it was our pleasure. Gio has done the same thing. She is so happy that I'm sure she's telling her dad and aunt about this right now, or did it last night. We did a test on her Sunday night and it was all positive, she is bred."

I scratched my head, rubbed my chin, and pulled on my mustache while shaking my head, "How do you guys feel about this?"

Sue smiled as she said, "It's wonderful. You've given us Mickey and now Gio. We might need a bigger bed, but all of us are very happy our family is growing. How do you feel?"

I was still shaking my head when I said, "You know I love kids, and finally accepted that Mickey was going to give us a baby. I suppose this is even better as Mickey's and Gio's kids will be about the same age. I hope they'll be buddies."

Kathy said, "With Chuck's ladies all having babies, we'll have so many kids around here that it will make our heads spin. Just think of all the dirty diapers and fun we'll have."

I said, "I think I'm going to get clipped. I'm beginning to get to the age that I shouldn't have more kids. I don't want to be too old to be a good dad."

Mercy and Juanita came out of the patio and stood with Kathy and Sue. Juanita said, "You are too much the stud. I'm very excited for us to have more babies."

Mercy said, "Mom is going to be so happy. She loves the little ones even more than the older ones. She just loves to watch them learn and she'll be teaching all of them. There's going to be steady traffic between here and Chuck's."

I got another kiss from the women and took off for the shop. I was thinking about kids all the way, and was so distracted that I probably was a hazard. I walked in with Debbie, who had already heard about Gio, kidding me about being a dad to at least two more kids that I knew of. She asked, "Have you been banging any other women that we should know about? Are there any more pregnant people out at the park that you've been breeding?"

I glared at Debbie and she flipped me the bird as she disappeared into her office.

Upstairs, I turned on office lights before heading to the end of the balcony where the break room and coffee was. With coffee in hand, Tiny yelled out from his open doorway, "Have a second, Boss?"

Whenever Tiny used 'Boss' in his greeting, I knew he was putting the arm on me. Tiny said, "Henry and I came straight back from Costa Rica and really didn't get a chance for much of a vacation. What do you think if we were to go back out today or tomorrow and stay out there through the weekend? We'll do some fishing and have some special time with our women."

I told Tiny, "You didn't have to come straight back. I thought you guys were going to be gone for a week or so. You must have powered straight back without stopping for the night."

Tiny said, "Henry and I both had a couple of things that were pending that we really couldn't handle over the sat phone or internet connection. We've both been able to take care of them and we've had the opportunity to get to know the boat. We might go across the gulf to Texas, or maybe go up to Mobile or New Orleans. You know, just wander a little."

"Tiny," I began thinking this would be a good time to ask, "Now that you have so much money you won't ever be able to spend, are you going to remain with me? You know you and Ruth could retire and never worry about money again."

With a grin, Tiny said, "Not a chance, Partner, we're a team. All of us feel the same way Abe does; they'll have to carry us out. Don't worry about your business, Henry and I will still be here, but we are training people to take our places so we can help out marketing or perhaps just glad hand people."

"Go Tiny; get Ruth, Henry, and Nancy and get on that boat and get out of here. It's too bad you don't sail, as you could use the sixty-five footer and not have to worry about fuel."

"That's okay, Steve, Henry and I like all that power. You'll have to go out on it. It is a lot of fun and very fancy."

I waved at Tiny, telling him to pack up and get on vacation. I had to go back to the break room to get some fresh hot coffee before heading back to my office. I checked out what the shop was doing and looked at each of the monitors, seeing activity everywhere. I was turning back to my desk when there was a knock on my door jam.

Jeff came in, "Glad you said to meet you this morning. I've wanted to talk to you."

We sat at my little table, as I hate to sit behind my desk and talk to people. It makes me feel like I'm trying to be a big shot. "What's up, Jeff? You have been busy lately handling the Canadian factory expansion, the new Irish plant, and Germany's expansion."

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about, Steve. My fiberglass group is probably one of the best in the nation. The group I'm using for robotics comes from people out of all our shops, and they are as good as you're going to get. I need some help, Steve. I can't pay enough attention to all of the fiberglass activity, especially now that we have all of the military contracts for our composites. The aircraft composites are taking up more space and personnel than I would have ever believed."

There was another knock on the door. Gerry's smiling face looked expectantly at me and Jeff. Jeff said, "Come on in here, Gerry, you need to be in on this. That's why I asked you to come over."

Jeff and I had both stood up as Gerry came in and sat. She exclaimed, "You two. You're both too much of a gentleman for me." She turned to Jeff, "Where are you at? Have you put the arm on him yet?"

Jeff said, "Hold your horses, Girl, I'm just getting to it." Jeff turned back to me, "And Gerry has been so busy creating new formulas for everything, that she's been going crazy. Like I said, these three areas need to be addressed."

I looked at both of them, "Okay, Guys, or Jeff and Gerry, what do you need, and what do you want to do?"

They looked at each other and Gerry nodded to Jeff. He began, "First, Gerry needs help. You gave her Sandy to do all of her software stuff and it's been good, but it has actually made more work for her as she can do more now than just pay attention to paperwork. Sandy is doing all of the federal filings, in addition to creating software for all of our groups and for Quality Wear as well. The man is sharp, but that doesn't help Gerry. She needs another person with the same knowledge she has. She needs someone to help her so they can progress. When she gets hung up, there is no one to help her, no one to bounce a theory off. Wes works with her some, but he's not a metallurgist and is buried in his aircraft."

I looked at Gerry and she said, "I hate to sound like a complainer and usually I prefer to work alone, but I've put myself in a corner. I need some help to do all of the activities Dennis, Abe, and Mark have come up with."

Wanting to know how to help, I asked, "Do you have someone in mind, or do we need to go out into the market to find who we need?"

Gerry said, "We should probably get someone fresh out of school, and if you won't shoot me, another experienced person that has experience in metallurgy as well as composites. Dennis could use a guy to help him run all of the tests that Abe and Mark need. I know that sounds like a lot of people, but adding three people will really help make our R&D something special."

Gerry took a deep breath before continuing, "Three more people are going to cramp our building. We've needed more space for a while and this will break the proverbial camel's back."

Before I could answer, Jeff said, "Now let me add to your problems. I love doing what I'm doing. I'm flying all over the place, setting up factories and fiberglass plants, and I might be putting together a composite group in Germany. Gerry's stuff is some special material that only we can be, and are, producing."

"This is what I think will help. I need to promote one of my fiberglass people to run the shops and to work with any new ones we set up. That person will be busy in all the countries where we have plants. Next, I need to promote a robotics man to handle all of our robotics. It's not just building a new line now; it's modifying a line, repairs, and designing lines for new parts. Steve, we're getting to be a really big manufacturer. Last, I need someone like Abe and Kevin have. I need a Debbie, a knowledgeable secretary to help me stay on schedule and to take care of some of the bull that I have to deal with. You know, someone who can cull the bull for me." Jeff sat back and waited.

"So what you two want are at least five people. Not just normal people, but four knowledgeable people. Jeff, I think you know the two men you want to promote. Can you set them up with an appropriate salary, or however you think they should be paid? As far as a secretary, unless you know who you want, have Ruth find you someone. There might be a customer service person that might be perfect for you."

"Gerry, you need to begin interviewing. I know you're busy and don't have a lot of time, but find time and solicit people out at USF for your metallurgy person, and maybe even a couple interns to work the R&D stuff. Go out and find a scientist that you think you can work with, and that can also work with Mark in Costa Rica. I think we may have permanently lost him to his island paradise."

Gerry nodded, "I know. That's why I'm so far behind. I never realized how much Mark was doing. He was able to do in a half day what a couple of other people can do in a day. I can easily get the interns, and I'd bet that at least one of the people who recently graduated doesn't have a job. There might be some people out there that have been laid off that we could use. I'll have Dennis help me put out some feelers for someone."

Another knock on the door jamb. Dennis walked in grinning, "So is it my turn? I heard my name."

I laughed, "What is this, gang up on Steve day?"

Dennis said, "I'll bet Gerry already told you what we need. I'm only here to push for an addition to our building. We really need space, Steve. When you consider how much product we're testing lately, we really are putting out a lot of work. It's almost to the point we need a quality control research group as an addition to R&D."

I reached back and pushed the intercom button on my phone, "Ruth, can you find Terrell for me, and if he's near, ask him to come by."

Over the phone, Ruth replied, "He's standing in front of me. He'll be right in."

Terrell walked in the door with a grin on his face. I looked at the three people in front of me and asked, "Have I been set up?"

Dennis grinned, "I mentioned to Terrell he might need to come by this morning, and it so happened that he needed to talk to Ruth."

I waved for Terrell to sit. I looked at my four people and said, "There is no problem with hiring the people we need. There isn't a problem adding on to the R&D center. Terrell, find the blueprints for the building and plan on what you need. I know you are busy helping Chuck and Mark out down south, so if you want another architect to design it for you, get it done. Dennis, you need to work with Terrell to decide whether you want to have to separate facilities for quality control and research. Get your head together with Abe and Mark, while he's here, and decide. I'll advise Tiny and his group to set up a reserve account for all this, so stay in touch with him and Ruth so we get people who are checked out and who can be good team members for us."

Gerry looked at me, "Just like that?"

Jeff grinned and said, "Just like that. I told you."

Dennis commented, "This is like when I first came down here. Something was constantly happening and being built."

I checked the time and saw that it was getting close to noon. "I have a date for lunch with some women, so I'll leave you all to argue about who will use the phone first to work this out."

I shook hands with all of them and had to watch Gerry as she almost came to hug me. I do have some good people.

I went home through the business park, and as I passed the R&D building, I noticed a bunch of surveyor's grade stakes with little red pieces of plastic tied on them. It's funny how there already was activity on the building expansion, and it had not been fifteen minutes since I gave the go ahead. Knowing how well my people anticipated me made me smile.

Lunch was nice, and exercise time was becoming crowded. Several of Chuck's ladies who didn't have a regular job were coming to the gym with all my ladies. When our entourage showed up, we filled the place up fairly fast.

We didn't do any swimming or sunning after the gym, as it was a cloudy day that looked like rain could start any time. Sue wanted me to come over to the new factory building's theater to help her welcome some new employees. This was always fun, as we usually found one or two people among the new hires who had some unseen talents. Sue was good at finding those. I listened more than talked, and someone would often say something that gave a hint of another capability they had.

Today's surprise was a huge man. By huge, I mean at least six foot ten inches and thick. The guy had to weigh close to four hundred pounds, and it wasn't fat; the guy was just huge. During a break, Sue whispered to me, 'The guy isn't ugly, but he could play Frankenstein in any movie.' I told her to make sure we noted his name and what he was hired for.

One of the last things we did, in a smaller group setting like this event was today, was to ask each of the new hires to tell us where they were from, any education they wanted to brag about, and what they were hired for. It came around to our big man, and he stood to tell his story. He was so big that all the people around him were looking up, in awe at his size. He looked even bigger wearing a sport coat and slacks.

"Hi y'all. I'm Donny Wilson," came from the giant with a thick country accent. "I was born and raised in Winslow, Arkansas. Now you probably won't find it on a map, but if you were to go to the Ozark National Forest, my little town is right on the western edge. I can tell you that we have some of the best hunting in the state. I'm still getting used to the big city, but I did go to the University of Arkansas, and not to play football. I did play some, but I was there to learn, and I did. I hope to see y'all around." He almost sat down, but stood up again and said, "I'm bein' hired to work with guys named Jerry, Dennis, and a girl named Sandy over at the R&D center. Looks like fun."

Sue was smiling when he sat down and told the big guy: "You'll like those people, Donny, but you should know that Jerry is with a 'G' for Geraldine and she is all girl, a smart girl, but a girl, and Sandy is a guy. You won't want to get too confused, because Sandy is actually Sandy Flowers, and you won't believe it, but his wife, or lady, is also named Sandy Flowers. Confusing, isn't it?"

Donny just sat there with a big smile on his face.

Sue motioned to me and said, "Steve is going to give you a special invite, and it is sincere, so any who wish to take us up on it, please do."

I stood, "My family and friends get together every evening and most every morning for meals, some good conversation, and for those who might want some, liquid libation. After work on most Friday evenings, there is a gathering of a lot of S&S and Quality Wear people to celebrate another great week, and to join everyone in anticipation of another great week to come. It's a great place to meet your future workmates, and a great place to make new friends. When you leave here, you'll be given some easy directions. If you have somewhere else to park and can possibly ride a cart over, do that as parking can get to be at a premium. Come on out."

When the meeting and greetings were over, Sue and I stood at the door and shook hands with everyone as they passed by. Donny smiled warmly and put his giant hand completely around mine. Thank goodness he didn't squeeze. I kept thinking that a guy that big might have trouble in an R&D environment.

Sue checked with some of her people before we rode back to the house. I pointed out the surveyor's grade stakes around the R&D center, explaining to her how Dennis and Terrel were anticipating me again. She just laughed and said, "Well, we all know you. When someone puts a good idea in front of you, you want it to happen yesterday.

I told Sue, "It's also funny how R&D had a guy in our meet and greet, and I just gave Dennis and Gerry the go ahead to hire another person for R&D."

Sue said, "I like the big guy. He seems to be soft spoken and has a university background."

I told Sue, "Call Ruth to see what kind of a degree Mr. Wilson graduated with."

Sue was on her cell phone for a few minutes and burst out laughing. When she disconnected, she smiled at me, "Mr. Wilson is almost 'Dr. Wilson' as he was in his PHD studies in metallurgy and plastics when he ran out of money and began looking for work. One of his department heads suggested he get in touch with us because we had the same attitude he does. It seems that Donny Wilson will accept nothing but perfection from himself."

I smiled, "Glad we hired him then. Gerry is going to shit when she sees the size of him. It's a good thing she's finished her masters and is working on her PHD too. I'll bet there will be some competition to see who finishes first.

Sue and I were on the patio, each with a beer, talking to the kids as they all kept coming to us to tell us of their day's accomplishments.

I was watching Danny and Manny when they did a double take at something. Huge Donny Wilson was coming through the patio door. He might be taller than I originally thought, as he had to duck to come in. The man appeared to have to turn sideways a little to get in as he was so broad. He would have to watch the fans as they might be at his head level. The twins exclaimed "Wow" in awe at the big man, then blushed and sheepishly looked around. Sue wagged a finger at him, but Danny just sat there mesmerized at how big someone can be.

The man was pretty sharp as he walked around the tables, making his way on the edge toward Sue and me sitting at the bar. He came right up to us and stuck his huge hand out, "All of your people assured me that you were sincere about people joining you guys after work and even for supper. You're my kind of folks."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.