Oh Crap I Died
Chapter 12: Oh Crap, It near killed me!

Copyright© 2011 by Confused_Mind

Dreams, dark and unpleasant, dreams of rot and corruption, dreams of poison and pain, dreams of loneliness and solitude. A single voice in the morass of sadness that sang a tune of love and devotion, a sole voice of hope in the swirling raw ichor that flowed around me. Insects and slugs, rodents and bats, leaves and grasses rotted and passed. Flashes of pain and wretchedness abound. Clear water runs and snow falling down, mud cold as ice and a wind that tore the flesh from bone. Warmth and softness, a heartbeat with flesh and light flesh tones, soft whispers and chattering giggles, playful tunes and twittering songs and warmth, such warmth to make you feel at home.

"Solomon... , Solomon can you hear me?"

"Maxi, my love, I'm happy to hear you." I said. I felt drained and tired. "Why am I so tired, love?"

"... , Maxi almost lost you..."

"Why? How?"

"Maxi made a mistake again, Solomon. Maxi is such a terrible..." I could hear the sadness in her voice, and she almost sounded like she was crying even though it was physically impossible.

"There, there, my love, I'm here now and everything's OK, tell me what happened?" It took me a little while to get her to communicate, but she started quietly and explained.

"Maxi made a mistake with understanding the transition process..."

"Did I need more mass to build with? How young am I going to look now?"

"Solomon will not look any younger than before, but it was not the mass ... it was the lack of people around Solomon." Maxi grew uncomfortable for a moment, "Maxi did not realize that the transition process needed people to function properly. Solomon almost expired twice before Maxi figured out what was needed and..."

"Who has been bonded to me?" I demanded from Maxi, I was angry, disappointed, betrayed, hurt and more.

Maxi could detect everything in my feelings and I felt her sadness welling up. She knew she had made a horrible mistake, "Nothing can be changed now, just tell me what your decision was in the end." I said with a more gentle tone. It took a while to calm her down enough to want to explain it to me.

"Maxi did everything she could to resolve the issue without problems. It is thankful that the genetic bonding cannot affect a prepubescent female. Sam has proved that beyond doubt, but in the end you acquired three bond mates. Two, chose to, as they were told exactly what was involved. They were given the choice and selected you. The third one forced herself into it even after being warned and forced away twice. I can not figure out how she could have been chosen, as the genetic directive should have made it impossible for her to be around you for long."

"Alison!? She was the third one, wasn't she?" I was upset and confused.

"Yes, Solomon, Maxi is confused also, truly she should not have had any probability or even ability to stay long enough to be genetically bonded, but even after we forced her to leave when we noticed she was able to stick around, she returned with many excuses. Your mother even tried to convince her while she forced herself to stand next to your cocoon. Lisa said it felt like having a million demons screaming at her to run while she attempted to convince Alison to leave. Nothing she said made any difference and finally she had to run away. It confuses us all, but Alison accepts it as her right."

"Who were the other two that chose?"

Maxi let out a bit of a giggle first, and then explained, "The first one that selected the genetic bonding was actually Sam's mother."

"Kathy? But why?" it surprised me, without a doubt.

"Sam thought it would work out best for her and her Mother. Kathy was constantly lonely and spent all her free time working to provide for her and Sam. Sam just thought..."

I sighed and accepted it, logically speaking it was a perfect fit, and she did accept it of her own free will. "Who was the second one?" I asked with resignation.

"The second one was chosen by Solomon's mother and Alison. They thought it best for all involved, even though I was against it. She, once again, agreed of her own free will. Major Besson is the second one."

"Shit! This is not good. Now the entire timeline is changed. She may never get that promotion, and things will be altered." I was more than worried now, and extremely frustrated that everyone seemed to think they knew better than me.

"Maxi should explain to you that Major Besson is in fact on mission right now. You are that mission."

This surprised me, and maybe even worried me a bit. "What mission is that?"

"When she was offered the spot, she was exposed to the entire plot as we knew it. This exposure was, in turn, told to higher ups that were considered secure. They decided that this new position of hers would be needed. They basically have given their full support to you and what you intend to do. The only problem is that it now exposes us a bit more, and, along with us, them also."

"We'll have to be extra diligent. By the way, how long have I been out of it and how much longer will I be out of it?"

I could feel the smile in Maxi's voice when she replied. "You have been out much less time than last time. Two weeks, to be precise. You will be out of it one more day, I could release you and wake you up now, but we have a bit more infrastructure to support you now and they're still setting up."

This was throwing me off a bit, and I was not expecting this kind of support. To be truthful, I was not too sure if I liked any government agency being involved, but I was pretty sure it made no difference any more.

"Solomon, Maxi resolved a problem that you worried about in the beginning."

"What was that, Maxi?"

She chucked a bit, "Solomon will not be coming out of the cocoon looking like a child of 4 or 5 years old. Maxi was able to acquire additional biological material, and now Solomon is a bit bigger than last time."

"Bigger?" I wasn't sure I liked the sound of that.

"Yes, Solomon, just slightly bigger than last time."

"Maxi, last time I came out I was only a few centimeters shorter than my final height."

"Oh..." she responded quietly.

Once again I was not sure I would be happy with Maxi's fix, but, being Maxi, I knew she was doing what she thought best and I trusted her. I was just a bit worried what the end result would be. I could feel the wobble preceding sleep.

"Sleep now, my love, soon you will be able to return to your friends, family and the world, better prepared."

Dreams. Dreams of crowds, and hustle and bustle, of excitement, thoughts of danger and excitement. Cold calculations and blood splatters. Worry and fear. Death and relief. Warmth.

I was roused from my slumber, "Solomon, time to push and leave this cocoon, and time to return to the world." I heard Maxi whisper.

I remembered what worked the last time I had to leave a cocoon, and bracing my back against the one side, I pulled my legs up and attempted to push with my feet against the other side, only to realize that I could not get my legs up that high without bumping my knees. "Maxi, my love, exactly how tall am I now?" I asked calmly.

"Uh... , two meters tall." she said hesitantly.

"Ah, this is going to be interesting, Maxi, Veeerrrry interesting." I responded with a grin. I could feel relief emanating from her. I placed my arms against the cocoon wall and straightened them until the wall split wide. I grasped the edges and pushed it wide, and then hands reached in and helped me free. The brightness of the light and cacophony of noise was almost too much, but I had learned lots since last time. I dulled down my senses and muted the input.

"Solomon has learned quickly!" Maxi praised me.

I heard hushed voices, and many hands moved me out of the viscous fluid filled cocoon. Carefully I was moved to a large tub filled with warm water and rinsed down. Once I was removed from the tub, I was wrapped in a warm blanket and transported to another area with muted lights and quiet sounds. Few people were in the room, but the ones that were in there had, I realized much like the people who had bathed me, donned a standard white Hazmat medical suit. I realized I was in a sealed environment within a sealed environment. From what I was able to see out the observation window, now that my sight and other senses were adjusting, the entire area surrounding the little clearing had been enclosed in some sort of dome type housing. "Cool!" I rasped out using my new vocal cords. It sounded weird to me even with the gravely sounds of fluid in my lungs. I then proceeded to clear my lungs out in a coughing fit.

"It's a Rapid Deployment Toxic Environment Encasement building, RDTEE for short." explained a muffled voice off to the side, and I turned my head and another hazmat suited person raised their hand to identify. "Only twice has one of these buildings been used. This is the second time. The first time was a small village in South America that was assaulted with the Ebola virus, and we needed to research it and ensure that it didn't get loose in the area."

I could tell the guy was nervous as he didn't stop moving. "You think I'm that dangerous?"

"No, we just were not too sure when the genetic bonding was active still, so we covered all our bases. We should be out of these damn monkey suits about noon today. Oh, it's about 0600 hours right now."

"So where are the ladies?" I inquired with nonchalance. I was worried when I couldn't see them. I was not sure what state of mind they might be in.

"They're just having a quick physical, and they should be with you soon enough. Don't worry too much, they were only a bit agitated the last time I saw them."

Almost too quiet for me to hear, "Something's wrong, Solomon. I don't think he's being truthful."

I slowly swung my legs over the edge of the bed I had been placed in. It was quite strange to be looking down from such a great height. "I would like to see them right now, please." I said this with great politeness.

"Just a bit longer and they'll be brought to you." he said, looking down at the clipboard.

There were a total of four other people in the room, and they were all busy with some sort of duties furthest from us. I judged my distance from him, and the moment he stepped into my range I had a hand around his throat. "Tell the techs to bring my ladies here now." I said in a conversational tone, and then squeezed his neck firmly. His eyes bugged out a bit but he quickly told one of the techs to bring the ladies. "Why are you trying to keep me away from them?"

He gurgled a bit and I eased off his neck slightly. "I was told to keep you separated as long as possible."

"Why?"

His eyes shifted around the room but didn't settle on me. "Uh, I don't know."

"Maxi can tell he knows something but is not saying."

"Why!" I made it a demand this time.

"I was supposed to keep you distracted while we questioned the ladies and tagged them!"

"Tagged them? What are they? Deer? Fish?"

"Maxi can feel the deception." she said quietly again, then "Something is wrong with Sam!"

I flung the hazmat suited fellow at the window showing the common area, he struck and went through the window, and then dove through it also. I rolled to my feet and followed Maxi's directions towards the gathering of suits near what looked like an 18 wheel trailer without the cab. There were stairs leading up to a door in its side, and the group were just mounting the steps when I barrelled through them and tore the door open. Inside the trailer was, what looked to be, a single room lab with Sam under bright white lights, strapped down on a gurney, Hazmat suited people gathering around her. I rushed over and swept them aside without regard, and began removing the straps holding her to the table.

"This is why I said NO Government!" I growled. "The fucking nut jobs would dissect us all instead of trying to save everyone." Someone came up behind me and tried to stick a needle in me. I poked them with their own needle and they dropped like a brick. "Next person to interfere is going to lose a limb! Understood!?" I yelled. Sam was looking pale and in shock, but aware of her surroundings.

"These aren't the government, Solomon." she slurred.

"What? Then who are they?"

"They attacked and took over this place two days ago. Everyone is in the armoured trailer next to this one. Be careful, because they are using weapons that aren't from earth?"

"What kind of weapons, lasers and stun guns?"

"I don't know what they are, but they're adjustable. They made a few armed personnel just disappear without a trace, while the rest were just dropped like they decided sleeping was more important."

I gathered Sam up and held on tight to her. "Hold on to me, Sam, and don't let go. We have to go save the others."

I headed towards the door and immediately had to deal with a small group of 3 armed aggressors. With a quick glance I recognized a version of the weapon used by my attackers in the past. A burst of speed allowed me to bowl them over and out of the way before they could let off a shot. An accidental discharge of one weapon as it hit the ground transported the upper left quadrant of one of the scientists by the table, and they dropped to the floor in a bloody mess. I stepped out of the trailer and locked the door behind me. I wasn't sure it would make a difference, but I was sure going to try anything to hinder my attackers. I vaulted the railing and ducked around the corner of the trailer, heading to the other side as directed by Sam.

"Maxi detects additional personnel heading this way from the other side of the cocoon room, Solomon."

"You're going to have company soon, Solomon," Sam explained, "Most of the personnel were being housed on the other side of the cocoon room so they should take a few moments to get here, but there were about 20 people in all including the batch inside the trailer."

I bolted to the door of the armoured trailer next to the medical trailer and quickly slammed the two guards there into unconsciousness. With care, I unlocked the door and let Sam enter. "Sam, keep everyone safe here. I'm going to clear out the rest of these people. I'll be placing them in the cocoon room once I've rounded them all up. Just stay put here." I closed the security door before she could say anything, and then picked up a hand full of stones from the ground. As quickly as I could I pitched the stones at the lights and put them out one by one. Before long the entire place was pitch black. "OK, Maxi, lets deal with these pathetic excuses for humans." I tuned my eyesight for infrared and increased light sensitivity.

"Solomon has adapted faster than last time."

I moved quietly around the periphery of the buildings while watching the gathering of people stagger around with an inadequate supply of flashlights. "The biggest adjustment I have to make is for size. Being this big is throwing me off, while at the same time it has given me a bit more physical power. If I had remained the same size as before I would have had no adjustment time at all, Maxi."

"Maxi is sorry, Solomon." she said with melancholy.

"Don't be sorry, Maxi, because you didn't do anything bad. This is just different, nothing more, I kind of like it." I could tell this made Maxi feel a bit better. She seemed to cheer up somewhat. "No matter what, Maxi, I'll always love you." I said as I sent her my feelings of love.

I returned to focus on my adversaries and moved quickly to subdue them. I avoided any areas of light, and always came up behind them if I could. Within a few moments I had gathered the entire group, unconscious, in the medical trailer. I had forgotten about the broken window in the cocoon room, and made the change when I saw the damage. I returned to the armoured trailer 20 minutes later and knocked before I opened the door.

"Sam, the place is dark but secured. Prisoners are in the medical trailer bound and secured. Cocoon room has a busted window."

I watched as a few of the technicians and scientists filed out, giving me a wide berth. One officer stepped out and looked at me. "Major Lenard Smyth, I'm in command of support directly under Major Besson. You must be Solomon Freeman, pleased to meet you." With a serious look he shook my hand. "I'll have the lights up in a few minutes, and things locked down not long after that. Sorry about the cock-up, we really didn't have a solid understanding of what was going on. I'll report back to HQ and straighten them out on it." He nodded, offered a salute and marched off into the dark, a small circle of light with himself in the center.

"They're still inside and, with the exception of Alison, they're a bit apprehensive about what they've gotten themselves into." Sam offered, looking up to me. It was a bit strange having this small child looking up at me speaking like an adult, but I knew there was an adult in there.

"Send them out one by one, starting with Kathy ... I want to have a few words with Alison so leave her to last. Please?"

She nodded and went back inside the trailer. A few moments later Kathy came out hesitantly. She was a short little lady in her mid 20's with long brown hair and a light sprinkling of freckles, brown eyes and a pixie like face. Sam obviously took after her father more than her mom. She was dressed in a loose fitting pale green sundress and running shoes that didn't match the outfit. The closer she got, the more flushed her face became. Her pupils were dilating, and I could tell she was starting to become aroused. One of the main lights came on, so I decided to go someplace more private. "Follow me please, Kathy." I led her to the cocoon room through the dark. The window was still missing, but cleanup had started already and all the shattered glass was cleaned up. A single person was measuring the window frame for glass replacement. "I'm going to use this place for a few minutes, if you don't mind. Give me an hour." The tech jumped at my unexpected voice, then nodded and made his escape. I went inside and looked at the operating room size area, with the cocoon on a gurney in the middle. It didn't smell bad yet, but I knew in a little while it would, so I was going to have to get it out of here soon. I pushed it over to the side of the room, turned to call Kathy in, and just about knocked her on her but. She had been following right behind me. I grabbed her by the upper arms and held her at an angle for a moment, looking into her eyes. She stared up at me wide eyed and with dilated pupils, breathing heavily and flushed. "Do you feel the excitement, Kathy?" She nodded quickly. "You don't know why you feel that way because you didn't the last time you saw me?" She nodded quickly again. "That's the genetic bond we now have. If we were to touch skin to skin, it would be almost impossible to stop what would happen. The longer we take to do 'it', the less control we will have when it happens. It's not a matter of not doing it and staying apart, it's more along the lines of how much control do you want to have? Do you understand?" She nodded quickly once again. Her eyes had gotten bigger and bigger as I explained the very basics of what was going to happen. "How much was told to you? Did you understand what was being offered to you?"

She replied in almost a squeak, "I was told everything, and agreed to it of my own free will."

"Why?"

She did a good imitation of a fish for a few moments, then blurted, "I don't have anything I can do for Sam, I can't take care of her and I can't get a job. I'm useless to anyone. This way I have someone who can take care of Sam."

I grinned down at her, she still being in the 'about to fall over backwards' position. "Sam talked you into this, didn't she?" she nodded wide eyed at me. "What else did she tell you about me?"

"She said you were kind, gentle, intelligent, friendly, caring, liked her, funny, and weird, in a good sense of the word!"

"Are you still happy with the choice you made?" I stood her up again and set her down in a chair nearby, "Even with the fact that there are others going to be in the same position. This relationship is not exclusive to you."

"I understand that there are two others involved with this, and that there will be..." She turned red with embarrassment, unable to continue.

"This should be quite interesting. I'm going to get the next candidate, Sheri Besson, she was the Colonel with you."

"Yes, Sheri was with us when we stayed with the cocoon, along with your sister, before they even set up this tent. Sam said Maxi and you needed us or you would die. Was that true?"

I nodded, "Maxi didn't realize that the process she used would really require people to be around the cocoon. I'll get to this a bit later, though. We have very little time to waste."

Maxi had Sam bring Colonel Besson to the cocoon trailer, and in a few moments there was a knock at the now closed door. The door opened without pause, and in came a uniformed female in her late 20's. She had short black hair, bobbed, and a pretty, round face, quite pleasant to look at, in contrast to Kathy, who stood only 5 feet tall and had quite a bust line on her, along with a pleasant curviness. Sheri stood a good 6 feet tall, slightly less busty than Kathy and much more athletic of build, clear complexioned without freckles, and with warm brown eyes that smiled. I could see the beginning of the smile lines I saw on her older self. "So you're the one I'm to be a sex slave to?" I saw the twinkle in her eye and knew she was trying to push my buttons.

"Not until you lose the uniform and start wearing g-strings more." I added with a grin.

She broke out into a full smile and let out a delightful laugh. "Maxi liked Besson before, and Maxi likes Besson now, also."

She attempted to shake my hand, but I held both my hands up, "You might want to wait on that physical contact for a short time, at least until we have some more privacy and you have a better understanding of what is involved."

She slowly pulled her hand back and ran it casually through her hair. "I see, so there is truth to the tale, then? Am I to become some mindless sex starved plaything to you?"

I grinned at her once again, "No, it's just a bit of a reaction to physical contact that everyone has to learn to be in control of, after that, it's on with the mission."

She made an 'oh' look and settled in the other seat next to Kathy. They quietly started a conversation and I requested Alison to be brought to me. I watched as light after light was replaced and turned on. I noticed a guard stationed at the entrance of the medical trailer, and equipment was slowly moved out of it and taken to someplace else. Sam poked her head into the room, waved quickly at her mom, and turned her attention to me. "Alison's on her way, she had to talk with your Mom first. Your Mother is truly pissed at you, Solomon, even after I told her that you had nothing to do with it. You're going to need to talk with her about it sooner or later."

Kathy tried to hush Sam at first, and was quite shocked with a few of the words coming out of her little girl's mouth, but I responded to Sam as if she was an adult. "Thanks, Sam, you're right, I'll speak with Mother after this meet-n-greet is finished. Good work, by the way. Grab a cup of tea and I'll see you a bit later in the cafeteria trailer." She gave me the thumbs up and ducked out after a quick wave at her Mom again.

"Close your mouth, Kathy," I said to her as her mouth hung open in shock. "She really has the mind of a 30 year old in her. She's not just a toddler anymore." She shook her head in confusion and returned to her conversation with Sheri. I stood at the window watching the RDTEE return to its former level of functionality. It was 20 minutes later that Alison arrived, followed by Mom. Mom looked fit to be tied and angrier than a cat caught in brambles. She brushed by Alison and stormed into the room to stand in front of me with hands balled up into fists at her sides. "Solomon! How could you do this to your sister! This is just sick! She's your sister, for chrissake!"

I nodded at her in agreement, "I want to know the same thing. What was she thinking when she agreed to this? I wasn't even aware or functional when the decision was made. I had no hand in it!"

"Maxi didn't get a chance to intervene, either. Alison made this choice of her own free will even after Maxi explained what was involved. Alison still made the choice. Maxi understood that a familial genetic structure disallows the genetic bonding, otherwise your Lisa would be bonded to you also. Lisa spent a few evenings sitting watch with Alison."

Mom had a shocked look on her face. "You mean I could be bonded to my son!"

I grabbed mom and held her firmly, "No, Mom, you are NOT bonded to me. We have a genetic connection that will not allow that. See? You're not trying to attack me and do anything radical except get away." Mom was in fact fighting to get away from me when she realized what was not happening, and stopped with a look of relief.

"Thanks for the small favour. I would certainly not want to be having relations with my son. You, on the other hand," She wheeled on my sister, "What were you thinking!?"

Alison had a smirk on her face and shrugged, "Mostly I was thinking how I could help you best. Amongst other things"

"What other things?" I demanded

"Solomon, has Maxi explained how things work with the cocooning process?" my sister quizzed me.

"A bit, only post pubescent and non familial genetics can be bonded. She also just figured out that the cocooning process needs to have similar biologicals present or the host will die."

"Am I bonded with you?"

"Well... , according to Maxi you are."

"Maxi can detect that she is, Solomon."

"There, so Maxi says I am bonded with you, so that means two things, doesn't It." she said in an instructional tone of voice similar to Mom, "I am both post pubescent and I am non familial in genetics. That means I am not genetically connected to Mother at the very least. Maxi, can you test out this theory, please?"

" ... Solomon, this is strange, Alison has not a single gene from the Freeman family line. Alison is not genetically related to Solomon or Solomon's mother."

Alison had a smirk on her face like she knew something that we didn't, "OK, spit it out, Alison. What're you hiding!?"

Mother stepped up with a shocked look on her face, "Dear! I gave birth to you, I know you come from me, and I only made love to one person in my life and that was your father." She suddenly realized what she said, turned beet red and quickly sat back down in a free chair.

Alison walked over and patted Mom on the shoulder, "I understand you were faithful to Dad your whole life, Mom. Don't worry about it. No one is disputing that fact and no one ever will."

"Right now we have bigger problems than this, I feel that I'm stepping over the line with this, Alison. I'm not sure that..." I started.

"Solomon, I chose this of my own free will with full understanding of what I was getting into. I have been waiting for this, and now the time has arrived. Let's just let it be and move on for now, OK?"

"I don't like this, but I trust you. I have this feeling you're not going to tell me anything more, so I'm just going to have to let it go until you decide the time is right."

Mom stood up and grabbed Alison's arm, "We need to talk now!" and proceeded to drag her out of the trailer.

"Solomon, Lisa is very angry and confused. This is not going as well as Maxi expected."

"Not to worry, my love. Like me, Mom just has to get used to the situation. It's not as if it can be changed easily."

"It cannot be changed at all without Alison going through the same process as you did."

Sheri and Kathy had sat through and watched the entire situation with Alison and I play out. Once Mom had dragged Alison out and the door slammed shut, the moment of silence was enough for Kathy to brave a few words. "I don't mean to intrude, but who is Maxi? Is that an imaginary friend of Alison's?" Sheri looked equally confused, and nodded. I explained what and who Maxi was, and went through some complex processes that would reassure them that Maxi, in fact, did exist. This enlightening information made Sheri quite fascinated in me, and many questions tumbled out of her. Even Kathy tossed a few intelligent ones at me.

"Solomon, when you complete the first interaction, should some of Maxi be given to each of them?"

I looked at each of the ladies and considered the pros and cons, "I know that Alison can hear you already, but there is the location detection aspect that can make us all safe. I guess it would probably work out best for us if everyone received a small connection to you."

We came to the conclusion that providing a small segment of Maxi for each of the ladies had more going for it than not. Because it would need physical contact to be done, we decided that it would have to be done after the initial physical contact. I was still not too sure exactly what the effect would be this time around. Although I had developed the control, none of the rest had even the slightest idea what was involved.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.