Accidental Experiment: The Experiment Begins - Cover

Accidental Experiment: The Experiment Begins

Copyright© 2011 by Deenara2000

Chapter 15

"Dad, what are we going to do?" asked Vicky. She had come back up to the front after putting her daughter down for a nap.

"I don't know, baby. I just don't know. I wish Jason would have called back by now. I really think he's the one that's got to help us."

"Dad, if you had just listened to me and shut up, we wouldn't be in this situation."

"Baby, the people deserve to know the truth about what their government is doing with their money," Robert said with conviction for what he thought was his responsibility.

"Dad! People know what's going on and they don't care. You can't change a lamb into a lion. It just can't be done. People what to be led around by their noses. I say let them."

"Well I'm not one of them. And I didn't raise you to be either!"

"I know, I just wish you went about trying to change the world a little differently," Vicky sighed, "Dad, do you have a picture of this Jason guy?"

"Why..." Robert glanced at his daughter and said, "You want to try that silly trick of yours?" there was a smile in his voice.

"Well it works ... some times," Vicky smiled at her dad.

Robert had to think for a few moments. It was cute when his little girl would do the trick when she was little but it had been several years since she had done it, or at least that he could remember.

"There's a box in the back, I think. It has a bunch of old pictures in it. My old high school yearbook just might be there. The guy's name is Jason Waters."

Vicky kissed her dad on the head them went back to find the book.


Jen woke slowly to the feeling of someone petting her head. The soft little hand all most made her laugh. However instead of doing that she started making little kitten noises.

That brought giggles from more than one little girl.

"It's time for the kittens to get up," said Tina, giggling. "Momma kitty has food for her little kittens."

"I don't wanna get up momma," said Jonny in a little kid's whiny voice. There was even more giggling.

"I don't either momma. I'm all warm and snuggled up so well," said Jen who turned and hugged Jonny.

"Nope you have to get up and eat so you can grow big and strong. Then we're going to teach you how to chase micies," said Mary.

"MICIES! YUCK!" said Jen and Jonny at the same time.

"Yep, no more sleep. The others are making food and you need to eat. But we have to be quiet as the other big kittens are still sleeping and only went to sleep a little while ago," stated Sara.

"Oh all right, you go get the yummy food ready and we'll get up," replied Jen.

"Mommy is kidding." Sara said to her sisters, "She's going to turn over and snuggle with daddy some more." Then she jumped off the bed as both Jen and Jason tried to catch her then turned and tried to catch the others.

"You gotta be quiet aunty Jen," said Tina, "momma and daddy only got in about a hour ago. Matty told us. He said they were really tired."

"Oh ok, well you go start eating and Jonny and I will get up. Maybe later we'll see if this town has a park that you girls can run around in," Jen replied.

"YAA!" said all three girls who scampered out the door.


"So how's mister, 'I didn't eat enough to keep from passing out after a hell of a night?'" asked Luke, who smiled at his son that was sitting at a counter.

"Pop you're a pain. So what did you find out about Brandon's truck?"

"Well the first was he needed a new master cylinder. That would have made it very hard to stop but he wouldn't have lost it completely. Secondly it looks like a piece of the holding bracket broke and it severed the brake line. Those kids never had a chance."

"Shit!" Mark said then looked around. The immediate area around him and his dad was clear, "Dad you need to make a call for me. We need Uncle Larry. And we need to keep this drug thing as quiet as we can."

"What would we need Larry for? The drug thing? Oh yeah, that's something I wanted to get more information on from you as to what you were talking about. However, I did send Bill to check on the two you couldn't get a hold of.

"Because some very special people need a place that's safe I think. Larry will be able to help them," replied Mark, wondering if his father was losing his touch.

"Who ... the people from the RV? I wasn't sure but I thought I felt something when I first met them but it was so slight I really wasn't sure I felt anything," Luke answered feeling a bit sideways that he hadn't picked up on it before his son did.

"Dad, I watched the one woman. Not the Doctor but the other one, She saved Martha. I have no doubt in my mind about it."

"Ok, I'll call him. Then I'll call around and see if I can find Doc. Jinkins. Joe Elkhorn called me the other day, now that I remember. Joe said Jinkins hadn't gotten to his clinic yet. At the time I didn't think anything of it, as he's been late a time or two before. I'll call him too and see if Jinkins got there. For now though I want you to stay until Larry comes."

"Sure Dad."


Cathy got up to find the RV empty. She looked over at her man, her husband and smiled. Though she hadn't really married him that was how she felt about him.

That was when she felt her stomach flutter again. Cathy smiled, patted her tummy and reminded herself to do a blood test to be sure. Then she thought she should have Jen do the same as Cathy knew Jen and Jonny were more active than she and Jason had been.

Quickly Cathy took care of her personal needs, grabbed a couple of energy bars to eat and headed back into the clinic.

"Hi Mrs. Jackson, how are things going?"

"Oh doctor, you're up and please call me Melanie. I was just thinking about sending someone to wake you."

"Thank you. I set the alarm but I was so tired I wasn't sure that I wouldn't have slept through it," Cathy said with a smile, "And please call me Cathy."

"I think we've all been there," Melanie chuckled.

"Well now that I'm able to think again. How are the patients and was there anything I needed to take a look at?"

"The deputy is fine. His father asked him to hang out here. I think it's just to be on the safe side. Martha's vitals look much better from when I got here and she woke up. She went back to sleep but she does need more rest.

"Shelly had a nap and her vitals look good. Her stomach is bruising nicely. Her mother was asking if she needed to stay tonight or can she go home.

"Mr. Tamblin came in and I started his work up. He's one of the ones that were given that strange drug. He said he only took them for a day but stopped as they made him feel worse.

"The sheriff sent someone to check on the other two. I'm expecting a call any time now," Melanie finished.

"That's all wonderful news. I'll check the little one again and if her stomach isn't bothering her that much as the last pain medicine wares off, then we'll let her go home.

"Martha's staying so I can watch her. That was just too close for her and me.

"Once I check on everyone though I'll start work on the labs. Now was there anything new to come in?"

"Just some nasty cuts. One old one that was red and swollen. The other was new but still needed to be cleaned up.

"I scrubbed both. The old one gave me some puss so I let it sit and drain some while I did the second cut. Then did the first again. I bandaged both with some antibiotic cream. The new one I only gave some of those small packets and a few bandages and told him to keep it clean and to but the stuff on once a day. The older one got the same except I gave enough for a few more days and told him to treat it 3 times a day.

"I also told both to come in, in a few days for a wound check."

"Any red lines?"

"No, just red for about an inch out from the cut. Another day or two untreated and he might have had those red lines."

"Good, show me the write ups and I'll sign off on them."

Melanie handed the doctor, Cathy, the two charts. Cathy looked them over and signed off on both as they looked very good. Then she checked the charts for her other patients. The first she checked was Martha who was sleeping again. The woman's color had improved even more. However her vitals showed the greatest improvement and that made Cathy very happy.

Shelly was awake and board. She asked if the three girls could come and visit. Cathy told her that as soon as they got back from whatever they were doing she would send them in to keep her company.


"Doctor," said Mark when he saw the woman come back into the treatment area. "I just got a call from the guy that was sent to check on some people for you."

"Yes, and?" asked Cathy as she walked over to the deputy.

"Both are ok. They were out working. Both said after a few days of taking the stuff it made them sick so they stopped taking it. Bill told them to come in tomorrow to get checked out anyway," Mark said with a smile.

"That's the best news I've had all day!"

"So I guess that means you'll be staying around for another day?" Mark said while looking sideways at the woman.

"Looks like it. However, I'll have to check with the others. Now how are you feeling?"

"Very good. I'm glad you and the others were around," Mark got a sad look, "My dad told me why Brandon couldn't stop. The break line was cut when a piece of the holding bracket broke and it severed the brake line."

"Oh damn," Cathy said closing her eyes.

"Ya, you and the others were lucky to stop when you did. I couldn't handle what was there. I don't even want to think about if the former had happened," Mark said with a shiver.

"Me neither, but thanks for telling me. Well I need to call the pharmacy and talk to Mr. Lakewood and let him know what's going on with the drug issue. I hope we find Dr. Jinkins soon."

"That's the last thing I wanted to tell you about. My dad has three groups out looking for him. It seems he's not made it to several places where he holds a clinic. Dad told me to tell you to expect some people to come in later today or tomorrow. Coming to the clinic is easier for some than going to the hospital."

"Thanks for the warning. I'll tell Melanie. Now I have some calls to make," finished Cathy who made some notes in a few charts then made her call.

Mr. Lakewood was very pleased to hear the other people were well and coming in to be checked. He wanted to see the lab results of the people that had been given the drug once they were done.

Cathy had no trouble with that and made some notes for herself so she wouldn't forget.

It wasn't long after that when Jen and Jonny came into the treatment area.

"Hey Cathy, how's it going back here?" asked Jen.

"Good actually. The patients are doing fine. All other things are falling into place. If you would, let the little ones go see Shelly for a little. She's driving her mother nuts, I think. Jonny why don't you go do that now. I need Jen to clarify something for me," Cathy said but tried to smile innocently.

"Sure, I can take the hint. You just want to talk about me," Jonny replied, ducking to avoid getting smacked by Cathy and left the area laughing.

Jen was laughing too. However it soon calmed down.

"Jen, you and Jonny have been active right?"

"Like you need to ask that, of course we have. We took the girls..."

"Not that kind of active. I mean sexually?"

"Well yes, what of it? We have years to catch up on," Jen replied wondering just what Cathy was trying to get at.

"That's what I thought," Cathy said them got one of those special cups, "Go to the bathroom," She said as she handed it to Jen.

Jen was confused until Cathy reached into another cupboard and took out two pregnancy tests.

"Cathy you don't think..." Jen questioned.

"I don't know. So we're going to test. If not, we'll talk about birth control. If we are, we'll talk about how to tell which father."

"Oh shit, I never even thought about that. And with everything else."

"We'll talk, now go."

Jen took the cup and headed to the restroom. Cathy took out a small vial and a syringe. She then cleaned a spot on her arm.

"Cathy, here let me help you," said Melanie.

"Oh, sure. I hate these things but..." Cathy didn't want to finish as she handed the syringe to Melanie.

"Can I ask what you're testing for?" Melanie asked as she did the blood draw.

"Only if you promise not to say anything if this comes out the way I think it will?"

"You know the other test is easier? There all done." And Melanie put the syringe on the counter.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.