Accidental Experiment: The Experiment Begins - Cover

Accidental Experiment: The Experiment Begins

Copyright© 2011 by Deenara2000

Chapter 4

Jen was floating in a dark place. She couldn't see anything, couldn't hear anything, and couldn't feel anything. She knew this wasn't her normal dream area, and she wondered just where she was.

"Do not be afraid, little one. This is a safe place, " said a voice from the darkness.

"Who are you? What's happening?" asked Jen with a nervous voice.

"Your mind has pulled away from your body, so that it will not feel the pain of your injuries."

"Who are you?"

"You are not ready for that information, just yet ... soon, but not yet. Your awakening is coming, and you will know more, then."

"Why not tell me now? And what is this awakening?"

"You will know soon, very soon. You are waking now. The doctor is with you, so don't be afraid."

Jen wanted to ask more questions but the voice faded away, and then she felt the pain from her shoulder. She opened her eyes, to look into a set of brown ones of a nice looking woman.

"Good, you're waking up. You had me a bit scared there for a while. Your blood pressure dropped very low for a little bit.

"I'm Cathy. Now don't try to talk, yet. I know you're in some pain, but I don't want to give you too much morphine. When you hit the side of that gurney, a small piece of bone broke, and was pushed into your lung. I went in, and got it out. I did what I could to stabilize everything, but you're going to be laid up for a while."

Jen wanted to ask something but her mouth was too dry.

"I know you're dry. I'll get you some ice chips."

Cathy moved out of range of Jen's line of sight, and then came back. She spooned a small amount into Jen's mouth. Jen was grateful.

"Thank you," Jen said in a whisper.

"You're welcome. Now you rest. I'll give you a little more morphine, and it should help."

Jen felt the slight sting as the drug was put into the IV. Then with a sigh, the pain left, and she went to sleep.


Jason, Matt and Alex spent that day and part of the next planning what they were going to do, if and when they were going to have to leave. Alex had offered a large RV. The thing could sleep eight, four in twin bunk beds just outside the back room, which slept two and had a slide out section for more room. Then there's a pull down full size bed over the driver's area. In the center area had a slide-out too, to give it more space. The bathroom had a decent two person sized shower, with all the other amenities.

The driver's compartment is really nice with a GPS turn-by-turn navigation system, video cameras at the back so that you can see what's behind you while backing up and a security system. It also had the large under-the-rig storage area, as well as some tie-downs on top.

It would be loaded with camping supplies for a good month at least for three people. That included several types of weapons from side arms to a nice sniper rifle; with all the ammunition needed. A good precaution as no one knew what the future held.


Jen was floating again in that strange place, when images started flashing before her. It showed the place where she was, being attacked by armed and armored men. People were being killed, even the children. Then suddenly they all pulled back. Ten minutes later a large missile hit the main house, and everything blew up, killing the remaining people.

Jen couldn't let it happen! She needed to stop it!

"IT IS TIME TO AWAKEN!" yelled a voice in her head.

"Yes," Jen thought, "I need to awaken. I need to be whole. I need to stop what is coming, and save these people!"

With that thought, Jen felt power and energy flow through her, healing her lung and shoulder. Killing all diseases in her body and opening her mind. She felt Jonny as he shared in her power. She felt Jason, who was confused but shared his strength with them. She heard a small sizzling sound by her left ear and felt something push through the skin just behind both ears.

In all three of their minds they heard, "You are awake! Now go and save all that you can, then hide."

Jen jumped from her bed, pulled the IV out of her arm, and took all the leads off of her. Then she ran from the room.


Jason had to grab on to Matt to keep upright, when the wave of energy hit him. Then, for a moment, he felt like he was inside both Jen and Jonny. He knew what they knew.

"Jason? What the hell is going on? You all right? You look like someone just hit you?" asked Matt.

"Just about," Jason replied trying to make sense of what was in his head. That was when Jen came running in.

"Jason!!!" Jen yelled when she ran into the large room. "Jason, we have to get everyone out of here, NOW!"

In the background there were people gasping, some snickering and some shouting, "Holy shit! She's naked!"

Alex stood there for a second to take in the muscular beauty but then what she said sank in.

"What are you talking about?"

"Get your people and get out of here. An attack is coming. You don't have the firepower to fight it. And that's not the worst of it. Once they have about half your people down they'll missile the place. I can't tell you how I know this is going to happen, just trust me that it is. Get your people and head west. We'll take the RV and head back north," Jen said after she came to a stop next to Jason. Matt was just in total shock as he stared at Jen.

"Hey, what the hell do you think you're doing? How the hell did you get out of the infirmary?" yelled Cathy as she came running in.

By then someone had gotten their wits working and was tossing a blanket around Jen.

"We don't have time. Matt, get into Jason's totes, there should be a duffle bag with a tag on it for me. Get me some fatigues!" Jen yelled. Matt didn't even stop to think, he just ran to do as he was told. "Jason, pull out weapons for all of us. We may need them to draw the goons to us so that everyone else can get clear," Then Jen turned to Cathy, "I can't tell you right now what's going on other than an attack is coming by combat trained secret police. I want to save all of the people I can. He," and Jen pointed to Alex, "has to go west. If he goes any other way you and your people will be taken. We'll head north by the old goat track."

"HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW ALL OF THIS?" barked Alex angrily.

Jen, for the second time, consciously chose to try something and suddenly realized the knowledge of how to do it was there. She opened herself to her second sight. To everyone else it looked like she just looked up to the ceiling then back down.

It was the sight that Alex saw that convinced him as he watched the formerly injured woman raise her head up and then back down to look at him; her eyes had gone completely white. The pupils were gone.

"This is how I know," said Jen in a hollow voice, "The vision was clear and you waste time that may cost lives. If you are not moving in fifteen minutes I see your son being the first to fall as he tries to save the life of Cathy's daughter, Cindy."

Jen's eyes close for a moment and then she sagged and wobbled a bit. Jason was there to grab her.

"Alex, get your people and get the hell out of here! I don't know how the hell she just did that but it was real! NOW MOVE!!!!" Jason said in his loudest voice.

Alex nodded his head and started shouting orders and people went running.

"Cathy, take her until she gets her strength back or Matt returns, I have to get the weapons out."

Cathy took Jen's arm and looked at Jason as he took off running. Matt returned with the clothing and handed it to Jen.

"Matt," Jen said as she dressed, "Go with Cathy and help her get as much medical supplies as she'll let us have and take them to the RV. Then go with her to her quarters so she can get a bag of things for her and her daughter and take them where they tell you. Go!"

"What about you?" Cathy asked.

"I'm going to hall my ass to the RV. Cathy just get your daughter and get the hell out of here with the others, please."

"No way. We're coming with you! I won't have any arguments. You go to the RV and Matt and I will take care of the rest!" Cathy ordered.

Jen chuckled and started walking off in the direction she 'knew' the RV was.

There were people running everywhere but none paid any attention to Jen, and that was fine with her as she had a lot to think about. However, at the moment it was just to get away. Soon she would have to face what she knew.

As she reached the RV Matt and a girl of about 14 came running up. The girl was pulling a wagon and Matt was loaded down with several shoulder bags.

"This is all we could get of the medical, the rest is being gathered for the others. Cathy went to her and Cindy's rooms to get their things. Cindy will take me there after we get this unloaded," Matt said, as he came abreast of her.

Jen turned to the rig and was about to open one of the under section storage bays when an alarm started to sound.

"That means intruders are coming," said Cindy, "The pattern tells you where from and how close," she listened as she took stuff off the wagon. "Damn, South and East. And they're only about ten minutes out. I have to help Mom!" Cindy finished and went running.

Matt didn't wait to be told to go. He just turned and ran after Cindy. Jen checked the stuff that was left and sorted it into two piles. That was when Jason showed up carrying a web belt, which he tossed to Jen to put on as he went with the keys to open the storage compartment. It didn't take the two long to get the bigger pile loaded and the second pile into the rig to be put into the refrigerator. As they went back out they saw Matt with Cathy and Cindy. All were loaded down with things. Jason and Jen started tossing stuff in when the alarm tone changed. Once all the stuff was loaded everyone got in the RV with Jason in the driver's seat and headed for the way off and out of the area.

The road was bumpy as all get out and just barely wide enough for the RV. Fortunately with the full overhead canopy any satellites wouldn't be able to see them or that there was any way out, the way they were heading.

"Do you think uncle Alex and the others made it out?" Cindy asked after ten minutes of gut wrenching fear.

"I don't know baby. I just don't know and I don't want to distract them by calling. I need to wait till we get some new phones anyway so they can't be traced."

Jen was quiet. She didn't know if she should open herself up to the site again, or just let things be.

"Cindy if anyone can get out of that mess its Alex and Pete," said Matt, "when we get out of here and onto the main road, I'll tell you a story of how I met everyone."

"I already know that story. Grandpa tells it all the time. Petee, hates it," Cindy giggled.

"Petee is it," Matt chuckled, "And I'll bet you just love to drive him crazy about it too."

"Constantly," added Cathy.

That brought everyone to laughter. It was a needed release of tension and made everyone feel better. Sadly it was interrupted by the unmistakable sound of an explosion.

"Momma?" Cindy asked as she looked at her mom again.

Cathy looked at Jen, and asked," Do you know? Did they get out?"

Jen dropped her head and reached out to find out. When she raised her head she spoke, "I'm sorry, all but four got out. The four stayed behind to distract the incoming forces and confuse them as the rest of your family got away. Pete is tied up in one of the van's but ... Alex ... Alex was one of the four. Pete was going to stay but his father hit him in the back of the head putting him out so he could be saved. I'm sorry."

"Where they killed by the missile or..." asked Cathy.

"Yes. They knew it was coming. Alex called your name as it hit and said he loved you. His spirit is free of any burden and has moved on," Jen finished and slid sideways in the seat, unconscious from exhaustion.

Matt and Cathy moved to Jen at the same time.

"Is she ok?" Matt asked.

"I think so. She's just exhausted. Matt can you take her into the back section? I'll put her to bed. Rest is the best thing for her, right now."

"Sure," Matt answered.

"What's going on back there?" Jason asked.

"Jen passed out. She's so new at this stuff, that she used a lot of energy," Cathy answered, "When I get back out we need to have a talk."

"As long as Jen's all right," Jason finished.

He turned to glance back quickly, then looked back to the road.

Cindy moved to the front seat to be out of the way and Cathy and Matt took Jen into the back.

"I'm sorry about your uncle," Jason said to fill the quiet, after Cindy relayed what Jen had said.

"Thank you. He was really more of a dad. Mom met Marcus and they fell in love. They were both in med school. I was born the year they graduated. I think I was two when they found out he had cancer. It was very aggressive and by the time they found it, there was nothing that could be done. Well, the family took care of Mom and me. Uncle Alex did the most for us. He took me to all the father daughter things. I think he and Mom fell in love with each other about five years ago, but for some reason they didn't want to get married. She would never tell me. I think they were waiting until I graduated and then do it. The married part that is. I know they've been together, you know. Anyway I'm telling you this because I know Mom. She's going to be a basket case, later tonight."

"Thanks for the warning," Jason replied with a smile, "Are you going to be? As you said he was the closest thing to a father for you?"

"I might be. I tend to hold my feelings in until I'm alone. I loved him, though, and I'll always have his memories. So anyway what's the story here? Why are those assholes trying to kill you and anyone you're with?"

Jason was shocked by the quick turn of the conversation and the language. Just as he started to chuckle he heard.

"CINDY, I don't want to hear that kind of talk out of you!" said Cathy when she came out of the back and heard what her daughter had said.

"Sorry, Mom," Cindy said with a silly smile on her face that Jason could see. Jason cracked up.

"Ok, enough," Cathy said, "But she did raise a good question. I didn't get the entire story so start talking."

For the next two hours Matt and Jason told all they knew about, what was going on and why. Jason couldn't answer the hundreds of questions that Cathy had.

"Ok, enough questions. I'm getting hungry and a bit tired," Jason said with a smile, "I'm going to find a place to pull over, and get Matt to drive. Then I'm going to stuff my ugly face and get some sleep."

"I don't think it's ugly. Just nice and rugged," stated Cindy with a serious look on her face as she studied Jason.

"You'll have to move Jen to one of the bunks, after I put some clothes back on her. I don't think you'll fit in the bunks, mister big man," replied Cathy.

"Don't worry about that. She may get up, depending on what food we find. But I've seen every inch of her, and she's seen me. It's just how it is when you're in the teams. That is if you're in a mixed group. You take a week in a private section of the base, strip down, and stay that way for a week. Soon you know everything there is to know about the people you're working with."

"That sounds gross," stated Cindy.

"Some of it can be. Usually you're in just one big room. With the showers and bathroom in a side room. You get to see and smell anything and everything that goes on. I cracked up for two days over the faces that Jonny and Mark were making every time they had to go to the bathroom and Jen was there or when she gave them the explanation about tampons, and how they were used."

Jason lost it then, with the pictures of those days flashing in his mind. Luckily there was no one close to the big RV as he had a bit of trouble steering for a moment. Jason caught sight of a rest stop sign, and when the exit came he took it.

Cathy went back and pulled out lunchmeat, and started making several sandwiches. Jason wasn't kidding that he was hungry. After he stretched a bit, he went and grabbed a finished sandwich right out of Cathy's hand, then ran away eating it, with Cathy right behind him threatening to beat him up. Matt and Cindy sat next to each other, cracking up.

"Hey how's a person supposed to sleep with all this silliness going on," Jen said as she came out of the back. She had taken the time to put some clothes on, so as not to freak out people, "Then again, Jason's stomach growling is enough to wake the dead. Though I think mine was trying to outdo him, I'm starved."

"Here, eat. Then you both should rest," Cathy said as she moved back to the counter and took a sandwich and handed it to Jen.

The rest of the meal went by with the five people getting to know each other better. Matt took over driving but was told to go north for a few more hours, and then head west. By then Jason and Jen would be up. As a group, they would decide where to go from there.


Jen was dreaming again and talking to Jonny, but this time Jason was there. They were in a room that was all white. All three of them appeared to be floating.

"Jen what is this place?"

"This is where our minds meet, Jason. I know it can be strange the first time you're here," Jen said.

"You got that right," said Jonny, "I almost freaked out when I found myself here the first time."

"So what happens here?" asked Jason.

"We talk. I think it's because we're so far from each other," replied Jonny, "But then you two are lying right next to each other," he chuckled.

"Well, he was tired. He couldn't very well sleep in the little kid bunk beds built into the sides of this moving beast. He's just so big," Jen said with a chuckle.

"Ok, enough teasing. We need to figure out what's going on and where we can go," stated Jason.

"I wish I could be with you. I think one of the people that are supposed to watch me saw my little stumble today. I can only wonder what these people are going to do now," Jonny said, and looked sad.

"We know Jon and I think we should head your way and see if we can't do something about it," replied Jason.

"No. You know you can't do that. I'm the bait for a trap. If you even try to come to this place they will just capture you. I couldn't live with myself knowing that. Please don't come."

"Jonny," Jen whispered as she looked at him. He looked very sad and she knew what he was planning. "Jonny no. Give me time. I know I can think of a way to get you away from there. Please give me time. I ... I love you Jon. I have for a long time. Please give me the time to figure a way to bring you to us."

"Oh, Jenny. Oh my sweet Jenny," Jonny said as he took Jen into his arms. "God, I've loved you from the first moment I saw you. But you picked a hell of a time to tell me."

He looked down into Jen's face then looked up to see Jason smiling like an idiot.

"Jason, you will take care of her if something happens to me, won't you? I won't do anything rash unless I have no other option, but please don't let her anywhere near this place."

"Jon, if it were any other man, I would be all over them for even hugging her. I was so stupid to not have seen all of this. I promise I won't let anything happen to her. But don't give up on us. She may just come up with something," Jason replied, "Now why do I feel very strange?"

"We're waking up," Jen said. Then looked up to see Jonny fading, "Remember, I love you, and I will get you out of there."

"I love you, too."

Was all Jonny could get out before he faded away and Jen opened her eyes and turned her head to look at Jason who was opening his eyes and turned to look at Jen. Jen was overwhelmed and broke down in tears. Jason turned the rest of the way and took her into his arms and held her as she cried.

"We'll find a way to get him, Jen. I promise," Jason replied as he tried his best to make his friend feel better.

Cindy was heading back to wake Jen and Jason when she heard something so she poked her head in the door of the big room and saw at first was she thought was something she shouldn't be seeing. But then she saw that Jen was crying.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.