Happy Endings
Chapter 9: Just Another Day

Copyright© 2011 by Bowhuntress

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 9: Just Another Day - A bit more story than pure sex. Although I do enjoy writing sex stories and it shows. Jill meets a man and falls for him. Will they have a happy ending? Or is that just a fairy tale?-- oh and I didn't put rape as a rating although there is an attempt.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual  

Now I felt more in control. I sat behind my desk waiting. I had my hair pulled back into a tight pony tail and had wiped off most of my makeup. Gone was the soft blouse and I was in an old t-shirt and jeans. The high shining heels were gone, replaced with the tennis shoes I wore when I wasn't riding or dealing with the horses. What I didn't know, is I looked all of 18 and not at all my own age.

"Good." I said in place of any greeting to JC. "Fill out this, standard employee information." I handed him a clip board. "Don't forget next of kin, you never know." I reached for another page, "this one is tax info." I realized I hadn't raised my eyes and did so on purpose now.

He had sat back in the chair across from me and looked as easy and relaxed as if he was in his own living room, one ankle resting on the other knee.

"I will need social security card and ID." He hadn't yet put pen to paper and I stopped talking, waiting.

"Drug testing and background testing?" He asked with a raised brow, mocking me.

"Do I need to?" I said back with a serious glint in my eye, refusing to be baited.

He was quiet for a bit. Waiting.

"No." He said simply.

"Care to tell me what I'd find if I did?" I folded my arms in front of me waiting, suddenly heart pounding. Maybe I should, being new to all of this didn't mean I needed to be stupid afterall.

He shrugged. I waited. I was going to be the boss here and stood firm in my waiting.

"No drug use." He said and paused. "I have a domestic abuse charge or two."

"' Or two?'" I quoted, then waited.

"Several years back I was married and we'd get into it now and again." Was all he'd offer.

"And now?"

"Now I haven't seen her in years she's remarried." he shrugged again.

"Assault charges?" I paused then went on. "I run a clean place here JC and frankly I don't want anyone coming around and causing trouble." God I thought, I sound just like a movie, like my lines are scripted. "First hint of trouble you're gone. First arrest, you're gone. Got it?"

A slow smile and nod was my answer. I was already regretting things.

I arranged the papers for Mrs. Morgan as well. Then when JC left, I began working on the books with the new money from the bank.

"Mom?" Pat's voice came from the door way. She knew when I was in here I was off limits.

"It's ok, I'm about done, come in Hon."

"How did it go?" Pat asked sitting in the seat JC had used earlier.

"Well." I said blowing a loose strand of hair away. "We got the money and with the money we'll be saving from the barn we can make a go of things, and have some to spare." I smiled at her. "I did hire a new hand. I don't know much about him, and until I do I want you to keep your distance."

"Oh yeah?" To Pat it sounded like a challenge.

"Yeah." I said pointing at her. "Did you do your chores?"

"Yup. Fed the bunnies, swept off the porch, loaded the trash into the back of the truck for Billy and even cleaned my room."

"Yeah? What do you want?" I asked.

"Mom!"

"Don't mom me Miss Innocent, you never do your chores unless I use a whip."

"Weeellll." She drew out.

"What? I'm in a good mood so nows your chance." I grinned at her and realized it was true. There were hands enough now to get work done, both inside and outside of the house. Money issues were taken care of, for now at least. There was work to be done, and hard work but there was time to do it in.

"Nice to see you happy. Last time you seemed happy was when Kevin was here. Is he coming back?"

Out of the mouths of babes I thought.

"That my dear, is none of your business. And I don't know if he's coming back. He said so but..." I frowned and put the books away, shuffling papers and composing myself.

"When he left you just seemed..."

"Yeah well. What did you want, quick the mood might fade." I warned with a mock frown standing and coming from behind the desk.

Pat squeeled and stood to run as I raised my hands to the tickle posture.

"Nothing ... Nothing." She was laughing hard and backing up. "I'm too old for that..." she protested.

"Ha! You're my little girl." I said and attacked her middle with wiggling fingers. "And when you're 50 you'll still be my little girl."

She fell to the floor laughing and curling trying to avoid my fingers.

"Ok, Ok! I give up" She said at last.

I stood up with my hands on my hips looking down at her. "Ok and so..."

"So..." she sat up and brushed the tears of laughter off of her cheeks. "So I was wondering if I could have a sleep over." In a rush she continued "Only Bobbi and Belinda and ok maybe Sue but that's it I swear! And we'll clean up and we'll..."

"Hold it!" I held up my hand fingers wide. "When?" I pushed one finger down.

"Tomorrow, it's summer and there's no school and..." she rushed on till I wiggled my other fingers.

"Have you already checked with Mrs. Morgan?" I had a gut feeling she had and pushed down another finger.

"Yeah she said she'd bake a cake and make some cookies and..."

I wiggled my fingers and she fell into a hopeful silence.

"All mom's agree?" I pushed a finger down.

"All but Sue's but she will we know she will and..." She stopped looking at my hand again, her own hands now clenched in prayer under her chin.

"And what time is it over and I have my house back?" I ask trying to look stern.

Her faced showed as she frantically thought up a suitable hour. "Two? the next day?" It was a question more than a statement. I nodded.

"Ground rules?" I said serious now.

"We stay out of the stables and away from the livestock. Only near my bunnies are we allowed. My chores still have to be done, and done right. We leave Larry and Billy alone. Oh and the new guy."

"JC" I supplied and waited for her to go on.

"We stay out of your office, we stay near the house. Oh and I clean up after their gone." She finished hopefully.

I closed my fist. "And they need their own rides to and from. I'll be working and can't take the time to drive over the county. Mrs. Morgan will be your go to person for all things general until I'm done for the day or unless something special comes up. And please ... please, don't tear the house down." I begged.

"Yeah!" She cheered. "Then I can, I can ... really I can."

She bounced up and down and I was happy to see there were still some things she wasn't getting too old for.

"Yes!" I shouted back and received a big hug before she bounded out of the door to make all the calls and get things started. "Change your sheets! and dust out the sleeping bags!" I called to her.

"Got it!" I heard her faint reply, her forward motion unstopable.

I walked outside with a huge smile on my face pleased overall with my day.

"Jill!" Billy called.

"Yeah?" I made my way down him.

"Gonna take JC back to town before it storms. Want me to pick up anything?"

"Storms?" I looked at the sky over the stables. Sunny and blue.

"Storms." Billy confirmed and pointed to the house.

"Oh." I said looking in that direction. Huge towering thunder heads were growing. Still white and cotton like but churning and looking dangerous. "Yeah. Do that and hurry back."

Billy was already moving towards the truck.

"Hey, the trash..." I reminded him, he waved.

Two down for now, and only Larry and I left, time to get moving. I jogged to the stables.

"Larry?"

"Yeah?" His head popped out of one of the stalls.

"You seen the sky? We've got an hour maybe."

Larry nodded and then talk wasn't necessary any longer. We knew we were in for a night of storms. Just how bad was anyones guess.

I jogged back outside and started a visual of the yard. Odd tools needed secured, shovels and the like resting propped up against a fence or sat down waiting to be used again before their tasks were completed.

Back at the house I shouted up to Pat "Get you bike up!" but didn't wait to hear her reply. Lawn furniture needed tipping over and stacked more securely. All little things but all things that took up time and needed to be done. Leaves were turning a lighter shade of green as the wind kicked up and twisted them on their branches.

Pat ran up to my side.

"Atta girl." I patted her on the shoulder. "Get those empty tin cans tied to the fence." I pointed to the trash cans weightless now.

I saw Larry was turning the horses out, which of course they didn't like. Who would want to stand out in a storm instead of being tucked safe inside. But all it took was a tornado and the barn would crush them.

"Mom, the garden." Pat pointed.

I jogged to the garden gate. It was flapping open and the weak hinges wouldn't hold if it got too much more wind.

Just then the sun was blocked by the clouds. All three of us looked up. The sky looked like a bubbling cauldron churning and rolling over itself, now gray and black.

"Move it." I said outloud turned to help Larry. I hopped over Pat's ball that was rolling past, pushed by the wind.

"On it." I heard and knew she saw it.

"Out you go Jack." I head him out by his harness. He wasn't happy, his ears were laid back and his eyes rolled. "Oh no. You know it's for your own good." I shouted now, over the wind. Through the gate and out the pasture. "And behave." I slapped him on his rump sending him free to join the small herd all prancing and agitated. Larry waited to fasten the gate secure behind me.

"That it?" I said when the thunder rolled over head and the fat wet drops began to fall, slowly at first.

Larry nodded and we ran for the porch.

"Made it!" I said laughing as the skies opened up.

"The bunnies!" Pat shouted.

"What about the bunnies?"

"We didn't cover them." She started to run back out in the storm.

"Honey you don't have to cover them." I clenched at her elbow preventing her from going into the storm.

"They'll get wet."

"They're bunnies, they're allowed to get wet. Besides each has their little house, secure and warm, and dry."

She hadn't had the bunnies for long, only a few weeks. Their cage was kept off the ground and each had a solid walled dog house like sleeping area. The entire cage had a roof, it was as safe as it could be but convincing Pat of that right now was impossible.

"Patrica. Listen to me. It's fine. Wild bunnies live outside all the time. They've got a roof, they've got a house, they've got each other. Just like us."

I knew sometimes prepping for a storm got the blood flowing and the adrenaline up and could spook you more than the storm itself and was trying to calm her. "It's just a thunderstorm. Come on, we'll sit here on the porch and watch."

I pulled her over to the old rocking chair. "Sit. You'll see." By now I was almost shouting; the rain on the porch roof was loud.

It was a welcome sight. It had been so dry and the dust so thick. Talking was impossible for a while, all three of us simply watched as water poured from the roofs. Lightening lit up the sky and very shortly after thunder clashed which made Pat jump in her seat. After every flash I could see her lips move as she counted.

"One Mississippi, Two Mississippi..."

BOOM!

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.