Antagonists
Chapter 8

Copyright© 2011 by Kaffir

It was a further three weeks before Dan saw Sue again. She smiled at him without the previous bashfulness. Later she managed to catch him alone.

"Thank you, Dan, for letting me down so gently," she said, "and not letting it drag on for that matter."

"Thanks, Sue. I hope I didn't make you too miserable. I caught stick from Gina the next day."

"I'm sorry. I was pretty cast down for the rest of that evening but that was bound to happen. I hope we can be friends when we see each other."

"I'd like that very much."

Sue beamed.

Gina began dressing more provocatively again for her outings with Cass and Sue. He mentioned it to Molly.

She shrugged. "It may sound wet of me but she's not going to take any notice of what I say and I can hardly gate a twenty year-old. I'm afraid she may learn the hard way."

Dan decided to try Sue.

"We've tried to warn her but she just laughs us off. It's getting us worried because she drinks too much too."

"Oh Lord!" said Dan. He wracked his brains for something to do about it. He knew it was useless for him to try and talk sense into her. She'd just bite his head off.

In the end it was Cass and Sue who took action. They told her she was an embarrassment and that they did not wish to go clubbing with her again. Sue rang Dan to tell him.

"We parted brass rags," she said.

"I can imagine," said Dan, "but well done both of you."

At first there were sulks and then airy disdain but then Gina started to become bored. At last it became too much for her and one Saturday night she announced to Molly that she was going out on her own. Molly knew it was useless to try and stop her so she rang Dan while Gina was getting ready.

"What do you want me to do?" Dan asked. "Come home and read her the riot act? That won't do any good."

"No, dear. I'll give you Cass and Sue's home phone numbers. Give them a ring and warn them. Ask them to keep an eye out for her. Find out where they think she's likely to go and then could you go and keep a discreet eye on her?"

"OK. I'll have to get someone else to do Lights Out for me. I just hope I can find someone on a Saturday night."

"I'm sorry, Dan darling, but I think you must."

"So do I, Mum," Dan replied grimly.

Dan rang the girls first. Both were horrified but agreed to keep an eye on her if they ran into her but they would not invite her to join them. She had burnt her boats as far as they were concerned. They both reckoned that her first port of call would be Scott's and then she might move on to Ibiza. Both expressed apprehension about that one.

"There are some pretty rough lads go there," warned Cass. "You're all right if you're with a gang but I wouldn't dream of going there on my own."

"Oh shit," said Dan. "Oops! Sorry, Cass."

Cass giggled. "My thoughts entirely," she said.

Dan paused for thought again. If things became unpleasant there might not be much he could do on his own. Strength in numbers might be an advantage. He went along to Harry Everet's rooms. He explained the problem to him.

"Oh boy!" said Harry. "You're certainly going to need reinforcements. I'm with you. Drinks on you."

"I doubt there'll be many of those."

"Ah, Dutch courage, Dan, Dutch courage. Aux armes, mes braves!"

"That's French and the courage is Dutch."

"The EU, dear boy, the EU."

Despite his worries Dan could not help but smile.

He managed to persuade Barbara Edson, the school nurse, to do Lights Out for him. It was not an onerous duty except at the start of term, which it was not, when there could be homesick boys and girls. The disciplinary aspect rested with the dormitory captains. Very seldom did they need adult support.

Dan and Harry made their way to Scott's. They had to pay their introductory fee and accept their 'complimentary' drink. There was no sign of Gina or the other two girls. Dan and Harry sat at the bar making no attempt to join in the dancing. One of the bargirls came up to them after a while.

"One of you Dan?" she asked.

"Yes."

"Cass told me to tell you they'd gone to Ibiza."

"Thanks."

Neither even attempted to swallow their drinks. They left hot foot.

After further entrance fees and 'complimentary' drinks Dan and Harry found a dark corner from where they could observe the scene.

Dan spotted Gina quickly. She was dressed more outrageously than ever. Her breasts were almost public possessions. Her waist, slim hips and long legs, mostly bare, were clear to all. He pointed her out to Harry.

"Oh wow!" said Harry. "She isn't half showing it but..."

"We're here on business, Harry."

"Yessir!"

Dan looked round. He spotted Cass and Sue. Each was dancing but neither looked as though they were particularly enjoying themselves. Dan realised they were only there for Gina. He looked further around and spotted a tough looking woman dressed in a club polo shirt. She was trying to blend into the background. Dan decided she could be an ally. Telling Harry to stay where he was he made his way unobtrusively over to her.

She looked at him expressionlessly. "Yeah?"

Dan pointed out Gina to her. She nodded.

"That's my sister."

"So?"

"I'm worried about her."

"So take her away."

"She'd make a scene and spoil your evening."

"Not mine."

"OK, the club's."

"So?"

"Nothing at the moment but I'd be grateful if you'd keep an eye on her."

The woman shrugged. "OK but I'm not a bloody nanny."

"No," said Dan with a smile, "but I'm sure that with your experience you'd soon know if something was about to go wrong. And I'm sure you wouldn't want anything beastly to happen to her."

"With half these girls I couldn't care less. They're tarts. Your sister looks like one too but you're worried." She smiled at him. "I'll keep an eye out for her."

"Thanks," said Dan fervently.

She grinned at him. "I might hold you to that," she said and then, at Dan's startled expression, laughed loudly.

"Go on, son," she said. "I'm on your side."

Dan sidled away quickly. He rejoined Harry telling him what he had achieved.

Harry in the meanwhile had been having a quiet look round. He had noticed that the door to the Ladies and Gentlemen was also shown as an emergency exit. He pointed it out to Dan.

Dan was worried. Gina was clearly tipsy and he wondered whether she was on some drug as well. One way or another he was going to have to take her home which meant he was probably going to have to intervene which might mean an argument with the young man she was with. That argument might become violent particularly if the young man had friends to back him up.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.