The Quantum Knight - Cover

The Quantum Knight

Copyright© 2011 by Vlfouquet

Chapter 11

Finishing Up

Carl rolled out of bed. Standing in the middle of his bedroom he stretched and then quickly stepped into his bathroom. He was relaxed and happy. Everything had been coming up roses. Finishing up his morning ablution he quickly dressed and hurried downstairs; there, he entered the kitchen from the garage entrance.

"Carl, darn it, I'm never going to get used to having that entrance from upstairs"

Carl, by that time, had grabbed a glass and was pouring orange juice from the pitcher on the breakfast table. "Yeah, but it's so much faster than going all the way down the hall to the other staircase."

He sat down and sipped on his juice while watching his mother fix breakfast.

"Morning Dad," he greeted his father as he stepped into the kitchen.

He watched as his Dad walked up behind his mother and hugged her, and then kissed the nape of her neck.

Turning, he returned the greeting. "And morning to you Carl; anything big on your schedule today?"

"Nah, just the last day of school, nothing big. This is really my last day of school at the high school so I will most likely be saying good bye to a lot of acquaintances."

"Oh, Laura and I talked it over, and thought we would have one last date. Well not really a date. She's giving a small party, and wants me to meet some of her friends I have never met. I think I'm being shown to her new boy friend."

"Oh, do you know him?" his dad asked.

"Nope, he does some track and field. That's not too bad; better then football anyway. I swear it must be all that hitting on the Helmet that makes them so dumb."

"What is your summer going to be like, do you want to go somewhere for a couple of weeks?"

"Nah, me and Uncle Rick are going to have to set down and do some figuring. We have been waiting for some free time and for mom to finish up the books."

"I finished the books three weeks ago!" His mom stated as she took her seat at the table.

"Yeah, I know mom. Anything important I should know about?"

"The company is building up too much cash reserve. It needs to be put to work. If my sister Clara knew anything about business, I could show her these books and she'd never worry about going to the poor house. This last month you've sold over 10,000 units of Power Supplies at $1,800 each, that's revenue of over 18 million. That's with expenses of less than 5%; of course, we have had to pay the IRS 25% upfront. That was after paying the state 8%. You are now in the position where you are making money from your money."

"But that's still a tremendous amount of cash in your reserve."

"I really hate to distribute it as that just adds more to the IRS pocket book." Carl said..."Let's convene the board of directors this evening, I suggest we distribute like $150,000 to each stock holder as dividends."

"But I need to start getting ready for college. Dad, I will be in another state. I will not have ready access to all of you, my family. So I need to get an emancipation decree to allow me to make purchases and act like an adult while I'm there."

His father stopped with a fork of food half way to his mouth then continued. "Yeah, I see. Are you going to live on campus? Or are you planning to rent an apartment off campus?"

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.