The Shadow of the Rose - Cover

The Shadow of the Rose

Copyright© 2011 by R22CoolGuy

Epilogue

"Thus ends the story of the 'Thief of Shadows'!" the Bard exclaimed. He then exhaled, stood up and stretched his tight muscles. "Before anyone gets too riled up, this is just the end of that particular chapter in Aaron's saga. There will be more; it just seemed like the proper place to put this particular story to bed."

Cheers of "Well done!", "Excellent story!" and "Fantastic tale" echoed through the crowd, as the Bard bowed low and after picking up his harp bag left the front of the common room for a table that Master James Burtson, the innkeeper, had kept reserved for him. Setting the bag down the Bard smiled at the crowd and thanked them again for their kind words, before stretching again and finally sitting down and stretching out his legs.

Master James came over with a jug of the aged scotch and two glasses and set them on the table. The Bard waved him to the empty chair and Master James sat down and poured two fingers worth of the amber liquid into each glass and pushed one glass toward the Bard. The Bard picked up the glass and held it in salute and downed the liquid and set the glass back down on the table. He thanked the innkeeper for the drink and leaned back and watched the crowd begin to thin out. Well wishers continued to stop by and touch his shoulder or back in acknowledgement before they went upon their way. Several stopped to personally thank him for a great story.

"Master Bard, my name is Steven and I am from Langfordshire," one patron stopped to thank him. "Your stories are well presented. Thank you."

"Yes, the best that I have heard in some time," another patron agreed. "I was just traveling through and stopped at the inn for the evening, that was three days ago. My name is Ralph Neu, from Zeeland and I will be making a stop back through specifically to hear your next tale."

"Good Bard, my name is Dwight and I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your story," another patron remarked. "I am a Walker from the next town."

"Even our cook liked the story, especially the Wyrm," the innkeeper remarked. "Our cook wanted to know if it was a cousin to the dragon?"

The inn had done a brisk business, having gone through the extra supplies brought in for the story telling. The tale had been told over three nights and in that time the inn had brought in more coin than would normally be expected for a month. Master James hoped the Bard kept at it and smiled expressing his thanks.

"Do you have a timeframe for your next story?" Master James asked gently, pouring another two fingers worth in each glass.

"No, I am really not sure which direction to take," the Bard sighed picking up the glass and sipping the contents this time.

"What do you mean?" Master James asked. "I thought you would just continue on. If that is not the case then I will ask the questions the patrons did not. What about Prince Velen? Does Aaron finish his revenge on the Black Hand? Do Lady Laura and Duke Gunter marry? You have again left more questions than answers, not to mention the whole Dunkin Brandson and Kalaban saga."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.