The Darkness Within - Cover

The Darkness Within

Copyright© 2011 by mischievous laugh

Prologue

Whoever thought that being able to have time alone was a curse? After all, everyone needs to have some time that is just for themselves; no demands being made on them, free to do what they want. Well that was a long time ago for me. I did something very stupid and it got me here, with too much time on my hands and not enough people in my life to share it with me.

What did I do you are wondering? Basically I got too jealous over a guy and events quickly went from bad to worse; word of advice, don't ever carry a knife if you are jealous and have a temper. Now I get to look at plain whitewashed walls and am kept medicated 'for my own protection' I am told. But I will manage to live in the world again, not as part of one giant experiment.

Here a typical day consists of bland food, medications, some sort of activity, more bland food, sometimes more medications, being subjected to a series of tests, more bland food, more medications, and finally back to a locked room for the night. Sounds thrilling doesn't it? The only variations are the activities and if medications are given at lunch or not; the lunch medications are dependent on how well I behave in the morning.

I am not sure what they are looking for in me and the other captives. Yes, I say that we are captives here although some say that we all belong here and are not fit for society. Bullshit I say; just because we are nonconformists does not mean that we do not belong out in society.

From what I can tell, I was one of the first women that were sent to one of these facilities; I am not sure how many facilities are out there, but this is one of the first ones opened. Welcome to Arklight, Home of the Criminally Insane!

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.