Selena and Joe: an Improbable New Beginning
Chapter 12: August 1st to August 15th

Copyright© 2011 by Pettybox

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 12: August 1st to August 15th - Selena and Joe was a popular story and rolled off the keyboard easy because I knew how it would end. I lost a few friends in the 911 attacks,the characters Joe and Selena were based on them. To this day I get emails from people who want me to change the ending and continue the story, or give it a heroic ending. I never gave much thought until a regular reader of my stories sent me an article from a UK paper of a man who was GONE for 5 years and woke as if nothing happened....Enjoy...Petty

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation  

After more than a month in her new home Dana was really beginning to get in her comfort zone. Spending her time in the pool or out walking and exercising was keeping her mind and body fit. She thrived mentally when walking or swimming alone, as well as in the gym at the house. She figured out her own problems to her liking as the blood and oxygen flowed freely within her, and that made her happy. While still confused a bit sexually, she knew how to relieve stress and also knew she was no freak or pervert for using her own body as she wished. Where she had thought a 13 year old girl masturbating was way out of the ordinary she now knew it was quite normal to make those discoveries. She began to make a few new friends while on her walks as she met other walkers or stopped at The Corner Store for a bottle of water. She had met Christina more than a few times and they began walking together. Christina had just turned 14 and would be a Freshman at the same Christian Charter School where Dana would get her advanced High School diploma before starting as a pre-Freshman at Polytech in January. Dana hid the fact she was in a “special” class from Christina, as she felt a certain “guilt” about being so smart. Once the secret of her birth came out to the public, she would reveal things to Christina with hopes they could remain friends.

Joe and Selena were in the process of arranging a news conference with 2 reporters, one local TV, and one local radio to discuss Dana’s birth. They would be scheduled for the morning when WSGG announced that Selena would retire, along with Ross Curran, sometime during the year. The reason for Selena’s retirement would be “to spend more time with the daughter she gave birth to while a patient at Hampden Behavioral Health Center. The story would say that she had not been aware that she had given birth due to her psychological state at the time, but became aware of it shortly after being rescued. She was pregnant on 911, but had not yet discovered it yet.

At Sunday dinner with Selena’s parents present, along with Dana, Joe spoke after coffee was poured.

“On Monday the 3rd, Selena is going to be back full time at Wall Street Global Group. Her commuting three days a week for the past couple weeks have really put a crimp in her performance. She was doing that, obviously, to help Dana become more accustomed to our family and our life here. On that day WSGG is going to announce that she and Ross Curran will be retiring sometime after the first of the year. Ross will say that he wants to spend more time with his wife and that he is approaching 70 and it’s time to make room for new faces, new ideas. He will speak for Selena saying she is leaving because “she will have fulfilled her promised commitment, AND also wants to spend more time with her family that now includes the daughter she gave birth to while she was a Jane Doe patient at Hampden Behavioral Health Center. That daughter was put up for adoption at the time, but since the girls family experienced tragedy and The Johnsons have become her Foster parents with hopes of some day melding as Mother, Father, Daughter.” If any of us wants to change that wording we can. This is what Ross and Selena have come up with, so Dana if you would like it worded differently, please, let’s talk. I would advise you that if you meet anyone on the street who wants to talk to you, interview you, just do not pay them any attention as we will let it be known that the press conference we set up will be the ONLY time we speak of the matter. We’ve made it known that we want to remain private and most everyone has respected that. You really have to learn to ignore the people who don’t respect our wishes. At the press conference you can tell your whole story, or we can tell it for you. Any question you consider private, you just state so and that’s it.”

Dana got a little emotional and asked, “Do we really have to go through all of this? It all seems so private.”

“Yes, it is, but it is also a news story once Selena and I resurfaced. You know the gravity of the story and how the whole country, half the world wanted to hear about us. If not for that story you may never have put the whole thing together about Selena and found us.”

“OK, but can I help you reword it all? I just don’t want this to sound like it’s a happy occasion for me. This is tragedy on top of your tragedy that turned out well. Mine may end up well, but the tragedy of the reasons why we are together will never go away for me.” Dana pleaded.

Selena went to hug her. “Dana, my precious girl, why do you think we haven’t been able to rejoice in the fact our daughter found us and wants to be with us? We always wanted to have a relationship with you, but never, ever thought we would be together. We never really knew your parents, but loved them for what they had done for you, how they raised you. When we wanted to find out what happened with you we knew someone, who knew someone who could only tell us that you were in New York State and were an excellent student, and also actively played sports. Our exchange for this information was a promise we would NEVER try to get in touch with you until you were 18. We KNEW you were in great hands and were cared for quite well. We, in no way, celebrate your being here with us in the sense that we think it’s a great thing. Your Mom and Dad were special in so many ways, made so many sacrifices for you, we give them full credit to the young woman you’ve turned into. We hate that you’ve had to go through this pain and angst. My Dad always said to me each time I was sick that he wished it were him, he so hated to see me in pain. We now know what he meant when he said that. Do you think we wanted our little girl to have to feel the pain of losing both of her parents, especially in the manner in which you lost them?”

At this point all 3 of them were crying and Dana really began to understand them, and how they felt. Even though she had thought it before and never said it aloud, she was happy that if she had to be another family, this is where she SHOULD be.

“Dana, don’t worry,” Joe said joining the 3 way hug, “this will NOT be portrayed as a celebration in ANY way, I promise you. If any questions we get try to color it that way, we will strike that idea down swiftly.”

On the morning of Monday August 3rd the major local newspaper and the 50,000 watt radio station, that was part of a network, were invited to a press conference at the home of Joe and Selena Johnson with news that would finish their story of loss and rescue from the World Trade Center. Selena would leave as soon as the conference ended and would go by a hired car to WSGG where Ross Curran will have made his “news release” at 10:00 a.m.

At 8:00 the invited news people and their assistants, producers, camera people and such began to gather. Other news agencies also came after word got out, but they were kept at a distance to listen, but not participate. The two media outlets who could ask questions after the statement were told they would have 15 minutes, and that would be all ever said.

Selena had spoken to Dana to ask if she wanted to look her 13 years, or look more mature and more obviously Selena’s daughter.

Dana seemed to be resigned to not liking the situation at all and said to her, with attitude, “However YOU want me to look.”

Selena got a stern look on her face and put her hands on her hips and stood motionless in front of Dana until Dana tipped her head up to look at the glare.

“I may not be your Mom, but I certainly hope I’m a good enough friend to you to get cooperation and a straight answer from you. In this family you will get used to the fact that Joe and I are both celebrities, somewhat, locally and in the financial community, even without the whole mess of 911. You’re going to have to get used to the fact that everything is not going to be private, or always your way. How you look today is going to be how the world sees you when this story goes out there as a major human interest story. All of your friends from school up north will see you, as well as your future teachers who know you’re coming to PolyTech. When Doc Stevens finds out you are my daughter you will become very special to him and he will look out for you, guide you and help you. If you want him to see a vulnerable child, fine, if that’s how you want it. If you want him and the world to see a mature young, but innocent, woman, that’s your choice as well. Nothing will change the fact that you’re 13, and you’re very special in ways far beyond the fact that you were brought into the world by Joe and I during the whole terror mess. I’m not mad at you, nor am I laying down the gauntlet. Sometimes I get the impression you want to grow up a little slower, and I would not blame you for that. If you want a Mother’s advice, look nice, DO NOT wear any make-up, no matter how mature you may look, make up will make you look too, ... ummm.”

“Slutty?”

“NO! Why would you say that? It would make you appear older, not mature. Do you want guys to look at you and think “wow, she’s only 13, but she looks 18 or 20 and have them asking you on dates?” Selena asked arms akimbo.

“No, I don’t date, at least not yet. My Mom said I had to wait until I was 16, and only with their approval.” Dana said very matter of factly.

“We’ll keep her wishes intact, then, OK?”

“Yes, I can agree to that.” Dana said as Joe walked into the room.

“Agree to what?” He asked.

“That I won’t date until I’m 16.”

“Who’s asking you out?”

“No one, you missed the context, let’s move on. I want to dress and look mature, but 13. Being with all those older girls, you know, HAS made me feel older, or should I say when I’m with my friends my age, I don’t feel like their peer. I feel 16 or more.” Dana admitted.

“So you want to date?” Joe asked impatiently.

Dana smiled at his urgency, afraid that he missed something, and went to him, taking his hand.

“No Joe, my protective father who reacts just like my Dad did. IF I had an interest in a boy, and he asked me on a date the answer would be NO until I’m 16, no matter how old I feel. I have gotten “the talk” from both my mom and Selena and I know the score, I know what boys are after, and I can tell you that my education and future are foremost in my horizon, as well as adapting to this family. No matter how old I look or feel, let me be 13 until I get to school, and then to Poly. I’ll still be 13 then, but will act and perform at my learning level.”

Joe grinned wide and looked her directly in the eyes before saying, “Don’t ever wonder if your Mom and Dad are watching over you. Your words are proof they still guide you. I hope we can make them proud as well.”

Dana’s eyes teared up and she turned to hug Selena and then went to get dressed and ready.

It turned out to be a typical New York August morning with heavy dew on the lawn and coolness in the air that you were sure would burn off for another HHH day, as the weathermen called it. (Hazy, Hot, & Humid) It was already 74 degrees at 9 a.m. when the garage doors rolled up to the same set-up they used for their “coming out” news conference.

The table featured bottled water, a stack of notes, with 5 chairs and a short podium. Seated were, in this order, The Hansons, Dana, Joe and Selena, along with a picture of Dana’s Mom and Dad. At the podium was a moderator of sorts, Charlie Fields a local radio newsman friend of Joe’s who had since retired and opened an ad agency.

Charlie read the statement Joe, Selena and Dana had composed and as instructed, he kept the tone mostly somber, as the reason for the discovery and reuniting was a deep tragedy for Dana.

The questions were varied, but could be summed up with;

“When did you discover that Ms. Johnson had a baby?”

“Have you DNA tests to prove you are both the parents?”

“Were you aware she was pregnant on the morning of 9/11?”

Of Dana they asked;

“You were fairly well convinced that the Johnsons were your parents BEFORE the whole bus accident ordeal?” (I had an idea it was very possible, but I was very happy and content, as well.)

“What was your proof positive?” (I narrowed down the dates and found pictures of Selena Hanson at my age and, ... I just knew when I saw video of her.)

“Had it not been for the tragedy of your parents, would you have sought them out?” (No, but I fully expected them to look for me once I turned 18 or 21.)

“Do you think they would have found you?” (Hard to say, no one had my information, but they had a rumor that I was in New York State. Understand I was a very happy kid, and loved my Mom and Dad. I had no reason to seek them out unless I thought there was something medically I should know, but I’m very healthy, and very active in sports and nothing ever turned up to make me question anything. Medical reasons were my most important reasons for wanting to know should a health problem ever show up.)

“Is it true that you will start at PolyTech in the Spring?” (Ummm, no, but I do expect to go there.) She snickered to herself that she would start at PolyTech in January not the Spring, saying to herself “One for my team”

After that last question to Dana Joe nodded to Charlie who said to the 2 reporters, “OK, one more question each to either Joe or Selena.” “Selena how were you living with the fact that you knew there was a child out there that you bore?”

She:” I had been assured she was healthy and brought into an exemplary family and for me to interfere with a 9 or 10 year old at that stage of growth would have been very cruel on our part. I know that I was lucky she wasn’t aborted and I was certainly in no state to care for her myself as an infant.”

“Selena, does this mean your career on Wall Street is over?”

She: “Not exactly. It’s always been my intention to leave in 2016, as long as WSGG could carry in a good state when I left them. There will be a news statement from them in about 3 and half hours. Thank you all very much for your patience.”

At that Joe clicked the garage door opener and the door began to come down as questions were shouted from behind the barriers and local police began to disperse the crowd that had gathered.

Dana picked up the picture of her parents that she had on the table and hugged it, ready to return it to her dresser. She looked at Joe and Selena and said, “So it begins, I just hope people will leave me alone.”

“It shouldn’t be too bad, they’ve always respected our wishes. Just be firm with ANYONE who approaches you, that you have nothing else to say, and then ignore them in the future. It should go away soon. That was how we handled it and it worked fine.” Joe said hoping to allay her fears of losing privacy.

“However, I wouldn’t go on your normal walk for a bit, at least a few days, and when you do start, use a different routine each day for a while.” Selena warned her as she gathered her things having just read a text that her car was enroute.

“I’m going up to Saratoga National to shoot nine with Bill Payne, he’s my ortho and a member there. I’ll bet he can get you in the club, they have an indoor track and some exercise equipment. It will get you out of the house, off of the street and let you have a few hours of free time.”

“Do they have a pool, too?”

“Yes, they do, indoor under an atrium. There might even be some good looking young men around.” He said with a little smile. “You just can’t look or talk to any of them.” He said with a chuckle.

Selena heard a clamor outside and she knew they were moving people for her car to come up the drive. She headed towards the door, stopping to kiss Joe and hug Dana, saying, “With me gone, and Joe up there, you may as well leave and the lookie-loos will have no reason to hang around.” Dana looked at both of them and then suddenly smiled. “That sounds great. Let me go get something to run and swim in. Can I wear the bathing suit my Dad said my Mom would never approve of?”

“As long as it has a full back, and not a thong and you don’t show cleavage. THIRTEEN, remember?” Selena said looking to Joe expecting him to approve as she opened the door and got in the car to head to Wall Street.

Dana looked at Joe saying, “Yes, I’ll be covered, altogether. My Mom never wanted me to wear a bikini at all. My dad approved of this suit the one time I have worn it.”

“OK, go get ready and we’ll leave in 15 minutes. We’ll drive the Hanson’s home on the way so they won’t have to deal with the press.

When Joe got upstairs Betty Hanson was with Dana as she put things in a gym type bag. He overheard her talking and listened. “Dana, you know that you’re fairly well developed for a girl of thirteen and you have to make it clear to any boy or man who strikes up a conversation that you are just 13. You do look older, especially with that make-up on.”

“Mrs Hanson, my Mom approved of the make-up so I could fit in with the other girls in class. Selena has even helped me with it. Please know, I’m not trying to catch a boy. Most boys my age are immature and geeky, and any older guys don’t really interest me. I can’t date until I’m 16 so why would I be interested in a boy?”

“Because you’re a woman, and it’s the way we’re wired. You may not be interested, but if a cute guy strikes up a conversation with you, you may change your tune.” Betty added.

“Selena had “the talk” with me, and remember I’ve been in class, in the gym, and the locker room with 17, 18, and 19 year old girls. I’ve heard it all.”

Joe made a sound to make him obvious as if he just came upstairs.

“Hey, are you two discussing world problems?”

“In a way, just making sure Dana knows about appropriate dress and conduct.” Betty said, acting over protective.

“Selena has her on the right page, plus she and I will talk on the way to Saratoga to be sure we’re all on the same page concerning behavior. Her Mom had her prepared for being with older students and all that. We got this Betty.”

Dana turned to Betty Hanson and in an almost conciliatory manner, took her hand. “Betty I appreciate your concern, but please remember that since I was 7 or 8 I’ve been with classmates 3,4, and 5 years older, and with High School seniors the past 6 months. I am prepared for what I have to face, and I’ll promise you as I have to your daughter, and Joe here, ... I will not disappoint you.”

Betty realized that Dana was mature in many ways beyond her years and decided to butt out, and trust her daughter and Joe to set the parameters.

“That’s very sweet of you, dear. I see so much of Selena in you, especially the head strong confidence; just don’t let it work against you.”

“I won’t, I look before I leap, I promise.” Dana said with a smile.

Joe wanted to break all of this up and clapped his hands.

“OKAY, Dana get your stuff, Betty go find Scott, I think he’s reading the paper by the pool and we’ll meet in Essy’s car, since mine won’t hold 4.”

“Oh, Joe, Scott and I can walk down.” Betty protested.

“You’ll have to run a gauntlet of news people.” Joe warned.

“Point taken, I’ll go get Scott and meet you in the garage.” Betty said as she headed for the slider to go outside.

Joe looked to Dana, “Don’t mind her, she means nothing but well, and until I was in the picture, they were like wild dogs protecting their daughter. We’ll talk about it on the drive, OK?”

“I’m already learning to bite my tongue and nod and smile at some times.”

“You’re learning, kid!” Joe said with a chuckle as he motioned her to follow.

After dropping off The Hanson’s and heading North to Saratoga Joe and Dana were quiet in the car until Dana broke the silence once they got on the interstate, in a low, shy measured voice.

“I appreciate everyone wanting to protect me from the big bad wolf, or wolves out there, but I do know the score. I’m ashamed and embarrassed that Selena told me you’ve heard me through the walls at night at times. I DO know the score and know how to relieve frustrations and understand about boys and hormones and all of that. Beyond that I have no intention of becoming sexually active, nor am I even interested in that. I’m quite aware that my mind and my body are way ahead of my age, but I really want to experience life through a growing process, and I want to enjoy being 13, 14, 15, and etcetera. In reading about Selena in the various stories about her, one thing stood out for me, she said she missed the natural maturation process of some of what should have been her formative years. She began to open up to one of her nurses at the hospital who told the story.”

“Don’t be too sure of anything you’ve read, because we have given very few interviews.” Joe cautioned her.

Dana continued,”They talked with a nurse at the last place she was, they spoke just before her release when her memory was coming together. She was babbling to this nurse and the woman probably was paid for a story, but the words sounded like something Selena would say, and she basically said that she talked about being moved ahead so much, she missed some of the dolls, games, music and toys that were milestones for certain age groups. Whether she actually said that, um ... it made real sense to me, and I read this before losing my Mom or anything. I had the inkling I was her baby even then, almost wishing I was, I looked up to her, so pretty and so successful, ... not to mention heroic. Actually BOTH of you, brave and heroic.”

Joe nodded the praise, then played it down,”The struggle to live against all odds is in every one of us, no one wants to die, especially that way. I was driven by the want to live, and to save Selena, and I thought she was safe when I left her.”

“She wasn’t safe?”

“Well, no ... uh ... they didn’t get to the hospital for so long. I was obsessed to just get away, lots of us were. Just running and walking away ... I’d rather not talk of it, OK?”

The car stayed quiet for another 10 minutes when Dana spoke in her low shy voice again.

“I told Selena that I’ve heard you two a lot as well. That empty long closet really amplifies the sound. I used to hear my parents. My girlfriends thought it was creepy, but my Mom and Dad were handsome people and easy to imagine making love, just like you and Selena.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.