What's a Father to Do? - Cover

What's a Father to Do?

Copyright© 2011 by Barneyr

Chapter 3: Brie

I knocked on Brie's door and she said to come in. I walked in and glanced at her coming from the bathroom between the two bedrooms. Brie had on one of my old t-shirts for a nightgown. I just noticed that she was starting to show signs of growing up. There were two little points in the shirt where her chest was; could she be growing breasts? Wow, I really missed some changes around here.

"I hugged Brie and tucked her in, then sat on the side of the bed. "Brie, Honey, I have to ask if you have been told about the changes in your body that seem to appear. I mean do you know about menstruation and all that girl stuff that should be coming along any day now?"

Brie sat up, hugged me around the neck, and said, "Daddy, that is girl stuff and Mommy told me some of it and Marcia told me some more too, but why do I have to bleed every month. I mean, why do I have to do that?"

I tried to explain what I knew; well, I really knew most of it, but I tried to settle these questions and talk to her in a straightforward manner. I gave her the facts, and tried to leave any emotion out of it, except to let her know I would always be there for her.

"Thanks, Daddy, I think I can figure out the rest, but can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, Honey, you can ask me anything."

"Marcia has bigger boobies than I have, will mine grow bigger or will mine be small like Mommy's and Amber's?"

"Honey, that is a hard question to ask. First, I don't know how big Marcia is, but remember you and your sister kind of take after my side of the family. We are tall and thin, and if I remember right, your Grandma Grove had bigger ones than your mother. So I would say that yours will grow out much bigger than they are right now, you just have to give them time. It takes time for some girls to become young ladies, some longer than others, but it will happen. I hope that answers your question."

"Yes, Daddy."

As I started to get up and turn away, I heard something, so I turned back to her and said, "What did you say, Brie?"

"I ... er ... I asked if you thought I was pretty? You know, pretty like Mommy."

"Baby, I think you are one of the most beautiful girls I know; between you and Cathy, I'm not sure who is prettiest. I just know I am so proud of you girls and I am so proud how pretty ... no how beautiful you both are."

"Thank you, Daddy, kiss, please?"

I leaned down to kiss her on the forehead like always and she grabbed my face and planted a great big kiss on my mouth. "I love you, Daddy. G'night."

I turned out her bedside lamp and went to the door. The light from the hallway framed her face, and I swear there was a very satisfied smile on her face. It made me wonder what was happening with my little angel girl. Was she growing up, why had she approached me in that manner? Am I missing something here? Only time would tell, now on to tuck Cathy in.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.