Desiderata - Cover

Desiderata

Copyright© 2011 by Kaffir

Chapter 17

Isobel went back to work on Monday under strict instructions to stay the rest of the week at Atheldiston. She needed little persuasion. Merle cooed over her engagement ring and then assured her that there had been no crises. Henry drifted in, hugged her warmly and also admired her ring. She said nothing about giving notice. The office had been her second home and even now she realised that she would be very sad to give it up, particularly with the close relationship that had developed with the Honeys.

Her first concern on arriving home though was Gerry's eye.

"No problem," he said. "It's back to normal. Although," he added as she joyfully attacked him, "in case it goes wonky again I'm to avoid over-exuberance with my fiancée."

"Spoilsport!" Then she sobered up. "I'll try. How long?"

"Forty-eight hours."

"That long? So we still can't make love."

"Thursday."

"Oh well!" She examined his cheek critically. "That looks pretty good."

"That's what the doctor said. Any scar will be almost invisible."

"My handsome love." She giggled irreverently. "No scratching when it itches."

"No, miss. My hands will only be for you."

She pulled a face at him. "I'll have to tie them behind your back when I go to work."

She sobered up and told him her feelings about resigning.

"No rush, my Whizzy," he said. "You need to think about it a bit longer. Let's face it, we were both in a highly emotional state after the week before last but now we're secure in our love."

Isobel gazed at him. "Yes," she said, "but I need to be able to show you my love. It's too much to bottle up. I've missed you every minute of today."

Gerry smiled teasingly at her. "How did you manage to get any work done?"

"I ... Oh, get on with you! You know damn well what I mean."

"Yes, my sweet, I do. I only had the paper to read and the puzzles to try and you were an almost total distraction."

"Oh, Gerry, I'm sorry."

"Don't be so silly. I was not doing anything important. Now! Distract me again."

She plastered herself to him and kissed him passionately being careful nevertheless not to touch or strain his left cheek.

Once they had got their breath back Isobel returned to the subject. "You could be right, as ever (said with a cheeky grin), so I think I'll sit on my hands until Monday week when you've been back at work for a week."

"I was thinking of going back tomorrow now that I can drive again."

Isobel glared at him. "Don't even consider it. You haven't just been injured. You've been badly shocked as well. Concussed even. Anyway you're going to make love to me for the first time on Thursday so you can't be in London."

"I could come home a day early."

"Exhausted after trying to catch up? I don't want you at half cock."

She realised what she had said, went bright red and clapped her hand over her mouth.

Gerry burst out laughing. She stamped her foot but was swept into his arms.

"Oh, Whizzy! My darling impetuous darling!" He kissed her adoringly. "I love you, love you, love you."

Isobel struggled to regain self-control. "You're not too bad yourself," she said and then lost it pulling herself against him. "Oh, my Gerry! I love you too. So much I love you."

Tuesday and Wednesday began to drag for Gerry. Reading the paper and walking the dogs was all right in small doses but he was really looking forward to getting back to work the following week. The previous week with Isobel's company had been different. His parents were far from boring but they had their own lives to lead and they were not Isobel.

On Thursday evening when she came home Isobel's face was a picture of different emotions: love, happiness, slight apprehension and a hint of smugness. Gerry could understand the first three but was intrigued by the last. Isobel gave him no hint.

As usual they were the last to bed. They carried their coffee cups out to the kitchen and put them in the dishwasher then turned into each other's arms.

"Your place or mine?" Gerry asked her softly.

"Mine. It's got a double bed."

They went up the stairs hand in hand. On the landing she turned to him and whispered, "Give me ten minutes."

Gerry nodded and kissed her nose.

Isobel went to her room, undressed, slipped on her dressing gown and went to the bathroom to wash and clean her teeth. She could not help a giggle when she used the bidet for the first time in her life. "Not the only first tonight," she thought.

She went back to her room. Gerry had left his door ajar and heard her. He went to the bathroom, did his business and returned to his room. "I'll give her another five minutes," he thought looking at his watch. How they crawled by!

He knocked gently on the door and went in. Isobel was lying on her back with the duvet drawn up to her chin. Only the soft bedside lights were on. The look of apprehension was back more strongly on her face but she smiled at him. He sat on the side of the bed and stroked her hair and face.

"My beautiful love," he whispered.

Her smile grew broader and she turned her head to kiss his hand.

"May I join you?" he asked.

She nodded and he shucked off his dressing gown to stand beside the bed in his underpants. He slid in beside her and she turned into his arms.

"Gerry, my love, there's no need to use those thingies tonight. I went and bought a morning after pill. I didn't want us to be separated the first time."

He kissed her gently. "You are very special." He could not help a quiet chuckle. "I noticed a slight 'didn't I do well' look on your face when you came home this evening. Thank you, my precious."

She gave a little mew of pleasure.

His hand stroked her shoulder and travelled gently down her back to the swell of her bottom.

"You're naked!"

"Mm hm. Why aren't you?"

"I ... er ... didn't want to upset you."

"Gerry, my sweet, darling man, I want to see you, all of you. In all your naked glory because you're mine."

Gerry shuffled off his underpants.

"The feeling's mutual," he said. "Grab hold of the duvet. One, two, three, go!"

They flung back the duvet and both rose on one elbow.

Neither said a word as they gazed at each other's bodies.

"Nice," said Isobel admiring his slim, fit torso. She reached down to touch his penis with a tentative finger. "You won't hurt me will you, my Gerry?"

"I may do when I go through your hymen."

She nodded. "I expect that. It's just that it looks so big."

"I promise I'll be very gentle and stop if you ask me."

She smiled timorously at him.

"You're so lovely," he said running his hand down her side and over her hips. "Your skin is so soft and smooth."

He worshipped her body with hands and lips. Gerry had not read books or articles on the internet about foreplay but he clearly got it right. Isobel began to writhe under his ministrations. She climaxed.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.