Battlemage Nonetheless: Book 6 - Apprentice - Cover

Battlemage Nonetheless: Book 6 - Apprentice

Copyright© 2011 by Risq

Chapter 5

Amber spent an hour in her room hiding from the antics that she witnessed from her parents. After a while she decided to try to wander around the house, and she tried hard to avoid anywhere her parents might be while she tried to find someone else to talk with.

While she didn't actually see anything earlier that her parents were going to do, the visual of them starting to do what they were going to do was enough for her.

Still having that cold chill go racing up her spine whenever she thought back to what she just observed, she decided it was time to head to town for a diversion.

Marilyn must have come over and taken Jason out because he wasn't anywhere to be found in the house. While Amber had been home no other friends had dropped by looking for her, since she wasn't supposed to be home yet.

Making up her mind Amber quickly left the house and went out to the barn. She found a stable hand there who saddled her a different horse than her favorite. Having just come home a few hours ago they both thought it was a good idea to leave her horse "Fire-spirit" in the stable to rest. Once ready, she headed for town.

It only took her twenty minutes to reach the tavern that she knew her brother was more than likely visiting. It was very popular among the younger crowd because the owner and staff would serve anyone fifteen and older one short beer every two hours. Most parents were ok with this because Amber also knew that the staff also watered the beers down heavily.

The tavern existed as something to make the kids feel grown and was a place to gather.

It was also a place where rank and position had no meaning.

Because some merchants were more influential than some nobles it made it worthless to claim those things here. "The Worlds End" was just a meeting place for teens and young adults.

Riding up to a post a bit from the door she quickly tied off her horse and started for the door. It was now late in the afternoon and Amber just made it to the door when she heard something in a hushed tone that made her stop and listen for a few moments.

"Wow, did you see that Jordan is back again? I think she painted that dress on herself. Think we got a chance to get her to at least give something up? Maybe try to get her to sneak off from that momma's boy Logan and polish my knob, or let me slide my hands into that sweet painted on dress and play with her boobs for a while?" said a voice

Immediately after that she heard behind it "Naa, she's all tease and no payoff. All of us have been trying for seasons to get at what she's always been giving Logan. Bastard doesn't know how lucky he has it! She just likes to flaunt it but she only has eyes for that milk sop. What does she see in him? I'm more man than he'll ever be and better looking."

"Well, what about Marilyn? She's looking pretty good at fourteen seasons, hard to believe that she's that young with that face and body. Did you see that rack on her? Have to say that I wouldn't mind taking a ride on that mount either. Think we might have a chance at maybe getting something out of her instead?" asked the first voice again.

"Naa, she is just as bad as Jordan, all tease and no please. She doesn't go out of her way to tease all of us like Jordan, but she knows what she's doing all the same," said the second voice again.

As she reached the door Amber's temper was starting to boil.

She almost stepped through the door, having finally made up her mind to enter and deal with this, when she heard from the first voice again.

"At least that bitch sister of Jason's isn't around. I had to pay through the nose to have my arm fixed by a white mage. I could have had it just set, but I had a hot date and a cast made it hard to get my hands where I needed them to be, you know what I mean?

"But she really overreacted! I mean, I just grabbed her butt! Geesh! I just wanted to know if it felt as good as it looked. Well as good as it could under all those men's clothes she is always wearing. You would have thought I tried to rape her because of how she reacted," continued the first voice

"Tell me about it man, what a waste. She could be hot, but she's such a wild tomboy. If she let one of us between her legs she'd know what she was missing and calm down. Like a horse she just needs to be broken in," continued the second voice.

Amber heard what sounded like the first voice grunting in agreement.

"You'd think it was made of gold the way she guards it. Sometimes I start to wonder if maybe she's really into girls and that's why she takes it out on the only real men around. I bet she wouldn't know what to do with one of us if she ever gave it up.

"But you know that bitch also broke my arm last summer for grabbing just a tiny feel of those massive tits of hers. It's not my fault the way she keeps them hanging out there for everyone to see. She knows she wanted someone to feel one of 'em. You'd think she'd like the attention since she's never even had a boyfriend before," continued the second voice

As she stepped into the room, Amber turned to where she knew the voices must be based on where she heard their voices coming from.

Amber could make out the two boys just inside and to the left of the doorway, who were talking to each other with their heads close together.

They both went wide eyed in silence when she entered because they knew she had a short fuse and everyone who pissed her off got hurt, badly. Amber already knew who they were by their voices and she also knew that they were both eighteen seasons. She had just turned seventeen seasons a few days ago herself.

Staring at them for a moment, the look soon took on one of pure hate. Amber decided to nip this in the bud before it got out of hand. While she wanted to really hurt them she had just promised her Dad not that long ago not to hurt anyone who hadn't at least touched her first.

Neither of these idiots had done anything but talk, yet she realized the night was still young and they still might still get stupid on her and try.

Anything was possible.

"Spence, Terry. I could care less if you want to take your chances with me and get something else broken, but if either of you ever so much as touches Jordan or Marilyn I'll do more than break arms this time. This time I'm making it personal.

"This time, I'm tearing things off and sticking them back into orifices they weren't intended to go into. I would just love the chance to geld either of you for the pure pleasure of saving some woman from carrying either of your stunted bastard kids."

"But you know? The more I think about it the more I have a better idea. I'll tell you both what, if you think either of you "real men" can take either that fourteen season old "boy" called my brother or that sixteen season old "boy" called Logan I promise I won't interfere."

"Heck I think to make it fair you should take either one of them on at the same time to make sure and prove to everyone who the better man is. That way at least it will be fair. For you," said Amber with a feral smile as she nodded in their general direction.

Pushing past them both, and leaving them with their mouths wide opened staring after her wondering just how much of their conversation she might have heard, Amber headed for the table that held her brother and friends.

"Hey Sis, I heard you've been back for a while. Where have you been?" asked Jason with a smile.

"Had a few things to do and I decided to grab a bite to eat before I found you guys," said Amber with an answering smile as she took a seat.

"Do Mom and Dad know you're back?" asked Jason.

"They know, oh god do they know. Uhrrrrrhhh," said Amber and she gave a visible full body shiver.

"I know that look. Our parents also act like they are the only ones in the house most of the time. Thankfully they always put up that silence spell or we'd have been really stunted growing up," said Logan as he gestured between himself and his sister Marilyn.

"Tell me about it. My Mom is always doing stuff to my Dad all the time that leaves him tired for days. There are some days on the weekends that he never gets out of bed. He looks all sweaty and tired, like someone's been beating on him. He sometimes claims exhaustion once she's done with him some of those mornings," said Jordan with a wicked smile.

"Stop, stop! I really don't want to talk about this anymore. The mental image of what I saw earlier is still burned into my eyes," said Amber and she squeezed her eyes closed and violently shook her head.

The five of them spent about an hour of just hanging out laughing and talking when Logan's phone suddenly went off.

Answering it he said "Hey Dad what's up?"

"Logan, are you back? Are you now out with your sister?" asked Dusty at hearing his daughter's laughter at something.

"Yes, why?" asked Logan.

"Can you come home? I mean right now? There is something we need to talk with you both about. You're not in trouble, but we do need to have a family meeting as soon as possible," said Dusty.

"Sure we'll be home in about ten minutes. We'll leave right now," said Logan.

Breaking the connection everyone headed for the door.

As they reached the door Amber looked in the general direction of Spence and Terry, the two boys who were making the rude comments about Marilyn and Jordan earlier.

They were seated with four other boys about their age and they were all watching Jordan and Marilyn heading for the door. She could see the hunger in their eyes as they both watched the two girls leave. It was a look that said they would do almost anything to have sex with either of them.

Amber was sure she saw drool on a few of the lips of the other boys that they were with. The group's eyes almost appeared to take on glassy looks while they watched the two young ladies. She was also sure that she heard a few soft moans and groans coming from their table at the way Jordan pressed herself up against Logan.

But then almost as if they were all one entity, they seemed to notice that Amber was standing off to the side watching all of them watch the other two girls leave.

Amber first gave them a smile, and with a touch of uncertainty the boys all returned it.

But then Amber's smile quickly turned positively evil.

She then gritted her teeth with an open mouth, and then she snarled as she slowly drew her one of her fingers across her throat while tilting her head away from the motion. Amber continued to stare their way, giving them a look full of malice, and made it a point to look at each and every one of them.

They all got the message.

Suddenly all the boys were trying to look anywhere else but at the door and the two girls who were now leaving. Amber kept that evil smirking "half smile" of hers all the way out the door.

Even though everyone else was already though the door, Marilyn had turned and caught the end of what Amber did and was waiting for her just outside.

"What was that? Are they giving you problems again?" asked Marilyn as Amber joined her.

"Trouble? Them? You're kidding right? Seems they believe they are better fighters than they really are. Sometimes you just need to remind them where they fall in the food chain," said Amber as she linked arms with Marilyn.

The two of them laughed as they joined the others and rode their horses to Logan and Marilyn's home.


Riding up on five horses the five of them entered the Reynolds yard.

Suzan stood in the doorway and watched as the five youngsters all walked their horses to the stable, turning them over to the stable hand, and then they headed for the house.

She thought to tell Amber and Jason that they didn't need to stop by and to head on home, but Suzan didn't. DJ would be common knowledge soon, so it didn't really matter when it happened that they learned about it she guessed.

"Hey mom what's up?" asked Logan.

Hugging both of her children as if they had been gone for months instead of a few hours, Suzan quietly turned and led them into the house without saying a word. They all followed her inside as she walked silently down the hallway. They all traded looks at how she was acting.

"Your Father and I have something that we need to talk to you both about. It's going to be hard to believe. I was there for some of it seasons ago, before you were both born I was told, and I still find it hard to be believed as well. Your father has never lied to any of us so I need you to keep an open mind," said Suzan suddenly, just as she reached the closed doors of the parlor, and now breaking her silence.

Leading the kids up to the parlor doors, Suzan then opened the double doors and stepped back.

With the doors now opened everyone could see seated on the couch was a young man.

He was in strange light blue pants, strange shoes, and an almost furry looking jacket that was red with white sleeves and had a pitchfork on left side of it. His clothing was very strange looking to them.

But what caught them all off guard was how much he looked like Logan and Marilyn's father. He looked almost like he was a younger version of him.

"Dad..." began Logan as he raised a single eyebrow and fixed his Dad with a look.

Being very smart Logan quickly put it together and he didn't like the answers he was getting. Like most boys he loved his mother very much, but depending on the answer he might not like what his father might have to say that he had done to her.

"Logan before you ... oh hello Amber and Jason, I guess it really doesn't matter that you're here. Kids look there is no easy way to say this. This is DJ, he's your brother, but he's your younger brother even though he's a little older than you all," said Dusty, adding to their confusion.

"What?" Logan asked dumbfounded.

"Look, it's like this. At some point, long after your mother passes when her time comes, I go crazy for a bit and start doing strange things. One of them is time travel. I've already gone back in time and saved your mother's life from poisoning on our wedding day.

"We've all told you the story how your mother, as well as Jordan, and Jason and Amber's mothers were saved. What Lori and I didn't tell anyone was that it was the future version of me who gave everyone the cure.

"I'm not fully aware of what the future me has done after your mother's death, but apparently I also traveled back to my home dimension and at that time I fathered DJ. Due to how the gate between worlds works, instead of coming through well after I fathered him for some reason it released him into our world at this time a full century before I am to father him," said Dusty to the shocked group.

"So he's my younger brother, but he's older than I am because of the magic of the gate?" asked Logan as he grasped what was being told to him.

"Yes," said Suzan softly.

"I need to sit down," said Marilyn as everything started to register with her.

Soon everyone was seated and then there was a huge amount of quiet in the room that could almost be tasted with tension you could cut with a knife. DJ tried not to look around and give anyone the impression he was worried that they wouldn't believe him.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.