Threshold S.O.S. Book 3 - Cover

Threshold S.O.S. Book 3

Copyright© 2011 by dak

Chapter 5

Lori.

"My people span numerous worlds, more worlds than stars that you can see with your own eyes"

Lori held onto the side of the travios listening to Elle as she explained her home world.

"How do they get to these worlds?" Lori said in wonder, walking next to Elle as she was pulled.

"We have giant metal ships, like boat in the ocean except they travel the span between worlds. Great ships that can hold thousands of beings."

They had been traveling for 2 days since Elle had awoken, only stopping to sleep at night, the hunters seemed nervous to have them captive, Lori was used to the suspicion of her own kind, her magic ability had insured she was distrusted growing up. Each one keep a good distance away from the two prisoners, all accept for their Leader Darius who seemed to hover near them at all times. So far the only bright note was the Elle seemed to be improving with every passing day, she had regained her color and was much more talkitive.

"Thousands? In one ship? Father used to say the sidhe would have trouble stocking supplies for a small crew of 10 to travel the isles." Lori said wide eyed.

She tried to imagine what such a huge vessel would look like, last harvest her father had took her to a port village to trade some of the crops, she had been in awe of the larger trade vessels there.

"Oh we have developed ways to supply that many, plus most ship voyages are mere hours, days at most, the Alliance has ways of traveling that make things quicker" Elle said looking up at the night sky

Lori followed her gaze wondering where Elle's home was up there.

"Snake hole right? So you came through a snake hole to our world?" Lori said nodding.

"Worm hole, its a singularity ... Ah imagine a parchment with two dots on it, you could draw a line between these points to connect them, or you could fold the parchment to make them touch, my people have developed safe ways to fold the parchment. Except the one I used was far to powerful, I went farther than any of my people ever have" Elle looked at her, Lori smiled at her reassuring.

She was surprised when Darius moved near them both.

"You mean ways in the nether..."

Elle and Lori looked startled at Darius.

"What do you mean ways in the nether?" Elle asked eyebrows raised.

Darius looked around self consciously.

"Ways in the nether are the paths that the Fae use, they once taught these paths to our ancestors, it was how the Sidhe fled the beast men. The art has long been lost, but the memory of them still remains among the lore keepers."

Lori grew alarmed, the Fae where gods.

"The Fae..." She whispered almost reverently.

"The Fae?" Elle asked.

Darius and Lori glanced at each other, the silence filled the air, it was Darius that spoke first.

"The Fae are the Gods of the Sidhe."

Lori glanced at Elle suddenly looking at her with new insight, could she be Fae.

"Papa told me a story once about the Fae, Elorn the wise..."

Darius nodded.

"Elorn came from the nether, the place where magic springs, he came to our land and saw the injustice he taught us how to wage war, how to fight back." Darius said firmly.

Elle.

As Darius and Lori shared their origin myths, I felt a hum grow deep inside me it was so subtle at first I hadn't noticed it, my internal reactor had come out of standby. I smiled to myself, the metal I was chained in was sapping what ever was preventing my systems from working.

I listened half to what Lori and Darius where now talking about, it sounded like some mythology, though I could not discount the thought that perhaps another dimensional traveler had come through this land at some point.

"And once the Sidhe wielded great magics we where able to rival the beast men, The humans as you call them only know subjugation, they conquered the dragons, they enslaved us. Any race not their own they conquer or destroy, the dragons where once a free independent race, now they are dumb beast of burden."

I had stopped listing as my HUD had come on and I was half paying attention to the conversation, it gave a complete overview of system status, everything was in the red, nothing had enough power to operate properly, but that was changing, I saw the percentage on my reserve click from 5%.

I was busy going through the status of various systems, there where warnings from every one of them I didn't have the power restore them. I could however power up one or two and get some information at least. I started by putting enough power into my sensors to get an idea of the world around me, I was drowned in a host of physical characteristics of world. Sadly I could only get readings from a few hundred yards out.

"Shit" I muttered

There where several large blips in the sky high above us, they where circling.

"whats wrong?" Lori whispered, she and Darius had been recounting various stories about the Fae.

"We have a problem Lori, stick near me as best you can" I said quietly.

Darius was walking slowly watching suspiciously.

"whats wrong?" Darius stopped walking he signaled the group to stop.

Darius stared at me for a few moments, it was a bit uncomfortable having him stare at me so intently.

"Darius, I am not your enemy I need you to know that, we have a problem" I scowled at him.


"What is the problem?" He said scowling.

"There are at least 4 large beast high above us, I believe they are watching us." I said hesitantly.

He held his hand up over me.

"I sense no magic how do you know this?" He hissed.

"Its technology ... you wouldn't understand." I said.

"explain it to me than." He said

"Fine, Ill tell you." I than began to tell him about my internal make up, how my systems stopped working and how I had fallen from the sky up until I got captured.

"You see, my body is changing to adapt to this world, This metal you bind me in is helping me some how" I finished.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.