A Twilight Knockoff
Chapter 24

Copyright© 2011 by Silverwolf691

"NO!" someone screamed as my blood pumped out of my body, the small blade buried in my chest.

The pain was excruciating and I gasped, my eyes going wide, though I saw nothing. My body collapsed forward when she released my hair, driving the blade deeper into my body. I gasped again, unable to scream, unable to breathe.

I slumped onto my side, my vision fading as my life blood pumped out across the stage in a pool of crimson. It fascinated me, this ever-widening pool around me that tasted of iron and sweet salt. My hearing was fading, too, sounding like I was under water, shadows falling on the pretty puddle.

I heard, through the growing haze, a roar of rage and fury that made me smile, at least on the inside. There was no fear; I was safe now. My archangel was here.

I closed my eyes and drifted, floating in my crimson water, pain free and happy. I felt my eyes trying to open when my archangel called to me, but I wasn't worried.

"Oh no, Tricia, no!" My warrior's voice was horrified.

I heard other things now, things breaking, screaming and then silence, except for him.

"Tricia, baby, stay with me. Don't die, you can't die! Stay with me," my beautiful guardian begged. That wasn't right, angels shouldn't beg. "Marcus!" he roared, his breathing ragged, sobbing.

I tried to tell him it was okay but I couldn't remember how to speak.

"Don't leave me, Tricia, please. Marcus!" His voice was filled with agony and I couldn't help him.

I felt myself being rolled onto my back, but it was a distant feeling, unable to touch me as I floated. Then something bumped my leg.

My eyes opened just a little, the sound of a breathless scream reaching me. And he was there. Glorious and shining, my archangel's face was twisted with grief.

"She missed her heart," a voice that radiated calm spoke from somewhere but I couldn't look away from my grieving warrior. I tried to say something, tried to get his attention but I couldn't move, couldn't speak. I tried again and I manage a small sound, which he heard.

"Tricia!" he cried, his eyes glowing. He reached out to touch my face and I sucked in a breath at his icy touch.

"She's losing too much blood," the calm voice said and I felt something press into my side, bringing a fresh wave of pain. My eyes fluttered shut again. "You must choose, Connor." The calm voice was suddenly rock-hard.

"I can't lose her," my warrior angel whispered, "but I can't do it."

"Marcus," a new, melodic voice called, the twin of my warrior. "Look at this." I felt the pressure on my side ease at the same time as someone gasped.

"There may just be another way," I heard the calm voice say from a great distance away as my world ended in blackness.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.