A Twilight Knockoff - Cover

A Twilight Knockoff

Copyright© 2011 by Silverwolf691

Chapter 13

The next week was busy and every grade/class had a task to complete for the dance, whether it was hanging posters or decorations; it made me really glad that I wasn't going. Everywhere I looked there were scenes depicting love; it made me want to hurl, it was so sickly-sweet.

To me and my friends, Valentine's Day was a day of candy and anonymous valentines dropped in lockers.

Every time I went to my locker, there were either valentine notes taped to it or dropped inside and all were signed, which defied the whole point, at least to my way of thinking. Some of them were from the girls I knew and I didn't mind, slipping the awful cutesy ones Claire bought for me into their lockers, too. But an alarming amount were invitations to the dance by guys who's names weren't familiar, which meant either upper classmen or lower classmen. Apparently not everyone had worked the shiny new toy syndrome out of their systems.

We made large valentines in Art and wrote poetry in Creative Writing, read famous love poems in English III and joined together in Home Ec to make chocolates. Everywhere there was pink and red, hearts and lace and cupids. Then there was me, the one girl in school who refused to look festive, wearing dark colors and no make-up, not even really getting into the spirit. Score one for the odd ball.

The skies were overcast, but free of rain or snow and there was talk of sunshine this weekend and slightly warmer temperatures, perfect for a dance and, in my case, a road trip.

Connor and I kept our discussions to common place things, silently agreeing not to bring up his questionable humanity. We also discussed where we were going.

"How did you know I wasn't going to some play with my aunt?" It was the excuse I'd fed people when they kept pushing.

"Easy. She helps set up the food and drinks for every school function." His tone suggested it was obvious.

Sure enough, Aunt Claire told me she'd be there all day to help the moms. I told her I wasn't going when she asked if I had a dress or date yet.

"Why not?" Claire seemed surprised.

"Dances aren't my thing and I don't dance anyway." That wasn't true; I just didn't want to go. "Besides, I'm going into the city. There are a few things I wanted to get, some places I wanted to visit." She let it go, though she was obviously disappointed. Truth was, I never went to school dances unless my friends were there. I'm still shy about dancing with strangers, especially slow dancing. The thought of going with Connor was appealing but I knew he wouldn't go either, whether or not he was driving me somewhere.

"Do you really want to go to the city?" Connor asked me Friday during English.

"Why, did you have something else in mind?" I wasn't giving him more than half my mind because I was copying down notes.

"I might," he said cryptically.

"Where then?"

"Answer yes or no first." I nodded. "Good. It's a surprise."

I rolled my eyes. "You sure love being mysterious, don't you?"

"What can I say? You bring that out in me." He smiled and I felt a thrill go through me.

"What should I wear?" I asked a little breathlessly.

"I'll let you know when I pick you up, sometime around eleven." His smile grew wider and he put his hands behind his head, refusing to tell me anything more. I didn't mind though, anywhere with him was just fine with me.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.