A Twilight Knockoff - Cover

A Twilight Knockoff

Copyright© 2011 by Silverwolf691

Chapter 9

I slept through till about six the next morning, took a steamy bath full of oils and Epsom salt and soaked most of the aches out of my body. Claire gave me a ride to school since my jeep was still in the parking lot. Everyone at school, even the teachers, proceeded to help me relive the previous day.

Jake had to spend the night at the hospital because he had a concussion. He also broke his arm and nose. I felt bad for him, but not sorry; according to all the spectators, he'd pulled into the parking lot way too fast and had, predictably, hit a patch of ice. There was talk that he wouldn't be allowed to park on school property for the rest of the year, at least.

I suffered through everyone's apologies, glad when lunch finally came and I could avoid answering questions or talking about the experience.

I paid for my food and was following my group to the table when Connor appeared at my elbow.

"Come sit with me," he said and steered me towards the back of the room, away from everyone else.

"I thought I was staying away from you," I told him, unsure of what this meant.

"Yeah, well." He sat down, running his hands through his hair. "I give." He gestured for me to sit before continuing. "I figure, if your going to drive me insane, I might as well enjoy the experience and be around you."

I know I had the dumbest look on my face. Whatever I'd thought he had to say, it wasn't this.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, confused.

"It means that I'd like to be friends, for now." He clasped his hands together and waited.

"Okay." His eyes lightened and a crooked smile appeared. I picked up my food, ignoring the stares I could feel boring into me. "Can I ask you a question?" He nodded. "You called me 'Trish' yesterday - why?" He looked confused. "I told everyone to call me 'Tricia'."

"It's written all over your bag," he gestured to the seat next to me, which held the object in question.

"When did you read my bag?"

"In class, when I was trying not to stare at you," he said, nonchalantly and I blinked.

"Wow, that was really candid." He shrugged. "You sure are straight-forward," I told him, shaking my head.

"Does that bother you?" I shook my head and shrugged. "I just don't see a point in hedging around something; it's just a lot less hassle and complications if I am."

"I'm not used to it outside my family and friends is all." I looked at him and let a smile slowly spread across my face. "I like it." The bell rang, much sooner than I'd expected, and I stood to dump my tray, Connor right beside me. He followed me out of the lunch room and all the way to the main hall. I didn't think anything of it until he stopped beside my locker.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.