Nerdy Jenna
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2011 by Unca D

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Keith is a research chemist. He turns to Jenna for help in his company's research library. When she overhears him referring to her as "nerdy" she takes offense, but his sincere apology wins her heart and they become first friends and then lovers. Jenna begins to experience a series of odd medical crises. Keith uses his skills as a chemist to uncover a sinister scheme directed toward the woman he now loves

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Mystery   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Slow  

Keith stepped into the Research Center's library. He rapped on the doorjamb to Jenna's office.

"Oh, hi," she said, standing.

He scanned her up and down. Jenna was wearing a yellow, knee-length dress over a white blouse. He regarded her shapely calves. "I stopped by to see if you're all right after the incident the other night."

"Yes, I'm fine. My sugar was screwy on Saturday but it settled down on Sunday."

"Any idea what caused it?"

Jenna shook her head. "No. Mom thinks I screwed up my insulin but I don't think I did. I appreciate your concern for me, Keith."

"I couldn't believe your mom's reaction to the news. No, dear -- I hope you're all right. Instead it was, how did you let it happen?"

"That's my mom for you. She doesn't have much of a bedside manner. And, she's a nurse! You said your mother is diabetic?"

"Yes, she is."

"How's she doing with it?"

"Well. Quite well, in fact. She has the discipline to keep her sugar in line."

"Discipline is what it takes. I've heard the horror stories -- how I'll go blind, start losing my toes and die early. I suppose if I'm blind and losing limbs, then dying early would be a blessing."

"I've heard of diabetic girls deliberately skimping on their insulin to keep their weight down. You weren't one of those, were you?"

She shook her head. "My mom wouldn't permit it. Because she's a nurse she watched my sugar like a hawk. I think she measured it with a micrometer. But -- it works. I rarely have problems like the other night."

"Is your mother retired?"

"No, but she only works part-time these days."

"Care to do lunch?" he asked.

Jenna looked up at a clock on the wall. "All right," she said. "It's close enough to eleven."

"I like to get there early before all the good stuff is gone," Keith remarked.

"They actually have good stuff?" Jenna picked up her purse. She walked with him toward the elevator. "Excuse me," she said and headed into the ladies' room.


Keith walked with Jenna toward the elevator. He pressed the call button and inside pushed buttons for floors two and six. "Oh," she said, "before you go upstairs, I have something for you."

"Something for me?"

He followed her into her office. She handed him a DVD case. "I'll let you borrow this," she said. "It's a Korean film and it's one of my all-time favorites. I like it so much I bought my own copy. I never get tired of it. It's about a commoner -- the daughter of a courtesan, who catches the eye of a prince."

Keith turned the case over in his hands. "Gee ... thanks. Jenna ... I..."

"What, Keith?"

"I ... I was hoping we could do something together sometime this week. What days are you free?"

"I have classes Tuesday through Thursday. I'm free Friday. I can see what the Asian film club is showing."

"Are you free tonight?" He held up the case. "Maybe you could come to my place and we could watch this together. You said you think films are best when shared with a friend."

Jenna bit her lip and smiled. "I would like that, Keith. I promised Mom I'd be home for dinner, though."

"Can I pick you up at seven-thirty again?"

"Okay."

"And, Friday -- I'd like to take you to dinner."

"I'll tell Mom I have plans for Friday."

He handed the DVD case back to her. "You hang onto this. We'll watch it tonight." Jenna slipped the case into her handbag. "One other thing."

"What?"

"Do you think it'd be all right if we traded phone numbers?"

Jenna tore a couple sheets from a notepad. She jotted numbers on it and handed it to him. "My office, home and cell."

"Here are mine. See you at seven-thirty, Jenna."

Keith headed back to the elevator and rode it to the sixth floor. He saw Paola standing before their apparatus. "Oh, there you are," she said. "I saw you with your nerdy G.F. in the cafeteria."

"I'd rather we not call her that," he replied. "Her name is Jenna and she's a nice girl."

"I take it your date on Friday went well since you were canoodling at lunch."

"We did not engage in a single canoodle," he replied. "Yes, Friday went well -- until she had a diabetic reaction."

"She's diabetic?"

"Yes, she is."

"You know, they have no end of medical problems."

"You don't have to tell me," he replied. "My mom is one. So I know what I'm getting into. Okay, Paola?"

"I'm just looking out for you, Keith. Now, I really could use a hand here."


Keith parked in the driveway of the brick house. He stepped to the front door and rang the bell. Her mother answered the door. "Yes?"

"Jenna is expecting me. Keith Lipson -- remember?"

"Jenna," she called.

He saw Jenna coming from the back of the house. "What are your plans tonight:?"

"We're going to watch a movie -- at Keith's place."

"Remember -- home at eleven."

"I'll remember, Mom."

Keith sat behind the wheel. "I get the distinct impression that your mother doesn't like me," he said.

"My mother doesn't like being alone in the evening."

"Where's your dad?"

"Divorced -- about three years ago."

"She should try dating."

"Who would want to date my mother?" she asked.

"There are seven billion people on this planet. Somewhere there's a match for everyone." He turned toward her. "Look at us," he said and winked.

Keith parked in the lot of a cluster of multi-family buildings. He led her to his door and opened it. "This is my crib," he said. "It's not much -- two bedrooms and a bath. It's all I could afford after the divorce."

"You own it?"

"It's a condominium -- smallest model in the complex." He gestured toward the sofa in his living room. "I'll get the film started."

Jenna dug it out of her bag and handed it to him. "I'm glad you suggested this. I really do prefer watching a film with someone. If I watch it alone, I'm apt to fall asleep."

"That happens to me, too. I'll wake up during the end title crawl." The film started. "It's very colorful," he remarked.

"Very evocative," she replied.

Keith regarded Jenna as she sat beside him. He slipped his arm along the top of the sofa and touched her shoulder. She flashed a glance at him; then, she drew up her left ankle, tucked it under her right knee and leaned against him.

"One thing comes through," Keith remarked. "Even though the culture and the locations are exotic, the people are still human beings with very human emotions and responses."

"That's what I admire about this film," she replied. "I don't think you get that in your samurai flicks."

"Maybe not..." Keith slid his hand around her ribs.

"Keith..."

"What?"

"I feel like I'm having another reaction."

"Do you want to check your sugar?"

"I can't -- I don't have my kit."

"You don't always carry it?"

"Mom says my insulin should be refrigerated. First thing I do when I come home is put it in the fridge. I wasn't going to need a shot before bedtime, so I left it home. Do you have something sweet?"

He paused the film, stepped into his kitchen and opened his refrigerator. "I have about half a container of orange juice -- don't know how fresh it is."

"I'll take it."

He poured her a glass and she drank it down. "I'm feeling better already."

"Do you want another to be on the safe side?"

"Okay."

He refilled her glass and handed it to her. "Orange juice is like a miracle drug," he remarked. "I remember my mom having it on hand. It's almost an instant cure."

"Yeah," she said and handed the glass to him. "I don't understand it. I've gone years without a reaction and now, two in a week."

"Are you okay?"

"I think so," she replied. "This time I think we headed it off at the pass."

Keith returned to the sofa. He resumed the film and slipped his arm around her. She leaned against him.

The film ended. Keith pressed the remote to eject the disc and stood to retrieve it. "I really enjoyed that," he said. "Do you know what came through the most?"

"What?"

"The humanity. I thought the character of the princess was very believable."

"That's why I like this film," she said. Jenna picked up the glass she had used. "I'm going to have just a smidge more, to carry me 'til bedtime."

"Go ahead."

She headed to his kitchen, filled the glass to a third and drank it. Jenna set the glass in his sink. On her way back to his living room Keith intercepted her. He put his hand behind her back, leaned toward her and kissed her lips.

Jenna stepped backwards. "Why did you do that?"

"Because I like you. I'm attracted to you, Jenna; and unless I'm totally misreading the vibes I'm getting from you, the feeling is mutual."

"Why are you attracted to me?"

"I think you're an attractive woman."

"Don't fuck with my head, Keith," she replied. "If you do -- I won't forgive you for it."

"I'm not, Jenna. I swear, I'm not."

Tears began welling in her eyes. "Why are you attracted to me? Don't give me any hollow compliments. I know I'm not pretty -- with my beak of a nose and lantern jaw. I hate my profile."

"I'm not too fond of my profile, either. I don't think profiles often are flattering. Full face -- you're not at all unattractive."

"Not unattractive. That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me," she replied, her voice tinged with sarcasm.

Keith led her back to her sofa. He sat and patted his lap. She sat beside him. "You have pretty eyes and a pretty smile," he said. "I love the color of your hair -- right on the cusp between dark blond and light brown -- and how it glistens in the light. I like your personality. I like your intelligence, and I like that we have interests in common. Do you know what I really admire about your appearance?"

"What?"

"The absolute honesty of it. What you see is what you get. You don't wear makeup..."

"I never learned the art of applying it," she replied. "I never got it right and it always looked stupid on me; so I gave up trying."

"Your skin is clean and clear looking. I think you deliberately downplay your assets," he said. "It's as if you're trying not to be attractive. I'll bet with a little effort you could be quite a pretty girl."

"There's a reason for that," she replied as more tears streamed down her cheeks. "I don't want to draw attention to myself."

"Why not?"

"I'm not comfortable around men."

"You seem comfortable enough around me."

"You're different, Keith." She looked around his apartment for a box of tissues, found one and carried it to the sofa. "I have been hurt twice by men ... very badly. The first time was when I was in high school. I thought I was in love. He made me pregnant and then ditched me."

"Oh, my goodness," Keith replied. "Did you have an abortion?"

"Yes. Pregnancy in a diabetic is risky enough when it's wanted and planned. My mother thought it wasn't worth the risk so she insisted. I was seventeen and didn't have much choice. At the time I was glad to have it over and done ... but it's not something you ever forget."

"Jenna -- I'm sorry..."

"The second time was in college and it was so painful I still can't talk about it."

"If it's any consolation -- I've been hurt in love, too," he replied. "I was married for eight years and out of the blue got served papers. She had been cheating on me and I hadn't a clue."

"I haven't dated anybody since the incident in college," she replied. "Not 'til I met you. If I seem ... skittish ... that's why."

"Jenna -- you can trust me. I will never, ever deliberately hurt you."

She looked into his face and nodded. "I think I believe you. When you came to my office to apologize with flowers ... I sensed your sincerity."

"True love is giving and trust, Jenna. It doesn't happen overnight. It takes time to germinate and grow. Trust isn't something that's bestowed. It must be earned. You can trust me. I don't expect you to trust me -- not at this stage, but I'm telling you that you can trust me. I'll be honest with you. I'll never deceive you and I'll never knowingly do anything to cause you pain."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.