A Novice Sorceress - Cover

A Novice Sorceress

Copyright© 2011 by Vlfouquet

Chapter 15

Breaking the Circle

'Breaking the circle: The circle defines the barrier between the Mundane and the Otherworld. It becomes unbreakable when charged by a spell. Sometime when charge they become quiet visible. They are used to define a place of protection, a place of confinement for the results of a casting. The final act of a circle is breaking it. Since all circles are one of two things active or potentially active they should never be forgotten. To break the caster simply must either actually break the circle line or symbolically break them.'

It took days for that area of the city and its surrounding to settle down. There were hundreds of missing people many of them very influential. More than half the police department, most of the city council, and the mayor all were missing.

I had completed my last class for the summer and transferred the credit to my High School. I went by to apply for my diploma and to say by to those people that had made lasting impression on me. One of which was Mr. Townsend.

Ms. Simpson, you have left a lasting impression on this school. For years to come new athletes will be told that nobody will ever be as good as you were. I will browse the internet looking for you next win. Do great things at you next school, I expect one day to hear Dr. Katherine Simpson on stage giving the graduation speech to new graduates.

"Wow, that's a lot to expect from a new graduate herself. But Mr. Townsend I will definitely try. Thanks for all the guidance you have tried to give me."

I turned and left his office stumbling over an invisible ledge. I walked out and headed to Sensei Genwa Dojo. There were only a couple of student present and three black belts practicing and instructing the student. I went to Sensei Genwa office I paused for moment outside the office and looked the trophy display case over. 80% of the trophies and certificate showing was her's. She had finally won so many she had no place to put them all. So she had left some of the more important ones her at the dojo. Mainly things like the All-Around Champion from this year Mix Martial Art Tourney in Austin.

She turned back to the door and knock. "Enter"

Katy open the door and stepped inside. She pushed the door close behind her. Sensei Genwa came to his feet.

"Sempai" he said and bowed deeply to her, she returned it with deep respect.

"Sensei" She said then hesitated to think of what she wanted to say and how she could say it.

"Sempai, I have all your paperwork ready for you. I have a list of dojo and their Masters that I can recommend to continue your training."

"Thank you, Sensei, is there any way I can keep you as my home dojo?"

A smile lit up his face. "This dojo will always be your home. This year, next year and fifty years from now even after you open your own."

We talked for awhile then another knock on the door and Bob who would take over my position as senior assistant instructor open the door and bowed to Sensei Genwa, "It is ready."

Sensei Genwa led me from his office to the practice area. Then he turned to bow to the photo on the end wall. Katy and Bob did also, then he rotated ninety degree and face the long wall where the photo of him and some of his former students hung. Katy eyes bugged there was her! In her black silk gi, with a plaque under it: "Katherine Simpson, in five years as Sempai won more tournaments than any other student of this Dojo"

"This will always be you home dojo, Sempai"

She had to leave; she would of broke down and cried if she had not left the dojo at that time. It was a bleak walk away from the dojo. Katy understood that this was not an end but only a new beginning. She clasped the bulging folder she carried with her as she brought her head up and strode out with long legs.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.