A Novice Sorceress - Cover

A Novice Sorceress

Copyright© 2011 by Vlfouquet

Chapter 9

Artifacts

'Artifacts: These are devices created by a practitioner of the Arts to do magic. They can be Talisman or Amulet an item that carries a permanent or semi-permanent active spell. Usually these are spells of protection or good fortune. The most important to a practitioner of the Arts is a Wand. This device that is used to carry multiple spells that the practitioner has embedded in the device. When it is needed the practitioner can activate the spell by use of a key word. The wand enables the Practitioner to execute the spell almost instantly that normally could or would take hours to cast. '

The last couple of weeks had been hectic at the best of times. I was rushing to track practice, then to the dojo for a workout, and then books, books, and more books as I bend over my desk to get my school work done. I knew if my grades dropped both my mother and father would be all over me. I had to keep my nose press firmly to the books.

At this same time I was getting deeper and deeper into research on magic online and in the library.

The online research I was doing almost made me pinch my nose close it was so full of bull pucky. The stink was almost over powering. I actually gagged a few times after reading what I had found.

It was almost not worth the few gold nuggets I found after digging through the load of manure. The only worthwhile things that I could trust were historical and mythological data.

The library had a few books that help me compared the different systems. It became obvious after a while that Magic was unlike Physic and Math in that you could not depend on a spell being repeatable from one Practitioner to another.

I knew that once I cast a spell then I could repeat that spell with the only changes being that the more times I did magic the more powerful my spells became. The same spell done by two completely different people were likely to be very different.

I set there at my desk thinking about this. No wonder the author of my book on magic had stated that she wanted a book that clearly stated how to do magic. I smirked and snapped my finger and a ball of fire appear in my hand.

That was not in her book on magic, I had figured that out myself.

I had found that visualization, the way the words in the spell were used, the time of day all were variables in the casting of a spell. When I was not busy with all the major things in my life I was in my lab practicing or creating new spells.

I was working on making a wand. Most major spells were time consuming to cast. They needed multiple items, a spell, usually a ritual with wards. A wand was needed so I could make those spell and stored them in the wand; so they could be cast quickly.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.