A Happy Ending - Cover

A Happy Ending

Copyright© 2011 by Telephoneman

Chapter 4

“Tonight is supposed to be a warm evening. I fancy a meal, somewhere we can sit outside and watch the world go by.” Lyn told me on the telephone.

It was Thursday lunchtime, and it was the first I’d heard from her since our Tuesday date. Not seeing her or hearing from her, had had me worried. Had I been too quick? Had Lyn come to her senses? Those, and many other reasons had crossed my mind, all of which were negative thoughts. It hadn’t occurred to me that she might have been busy with her daughter, which proved to be the actual reason.

“Sounds good to me.” I responded merrily. “I think I know just the place as well. Want me to tell you or make it a surprise?”

“Tell me, I’m not good with surprises.” She said after a moment’s thought.

“Naw! I think I’ll keep you in suspenders.” I joked, using a childhood expression for suspense.

“Swine!” She said angrily, or at least there was anger in her voice for the few seconds before she started to giggle. “I’ll take that on board.”

Before I could ask what, she added quickly. “Got to go, people waiting and giving me dirty looks. Pick me up around six thirty.”

I just about had time to agree, before I was talking down a dead line.

“Wow! You look stunning miss,” I said when Lyn opened her front door, “however, I’m here for Lyn.”

I was totally unprepared for the punch that came my way, let alone its strength. That she was grinning made me think that she’d pulled it slightly too. Note to self; don’t get on the wrong side of this beauty. I took a step back, partly to ensure no further punches could reach, but mainly to admire the view. She wore a loose skirt with some sort of flowery print, a white blouse and a red knitted cardigan draped over her shoulders. The skirt stopped just below the knee and was one of those that flare out wonderfully when the wearer spins around. I know this, because that is what Lyn did, giving me a fabulous view of her fabulous legs.

She almost gave me a heart-attack too, as I saw what she had taken on board. It was just a glimpse, but I saw that she was wearing stockings and suspenders rather than pantyhose. I knew instantly that I was going to have trouble concentrating for the rest of the evening. Lyn was quite aware of the picture she’d created.

“You like?”

“That has to be a statement or else it’s the most stupid question ever.”

She laughed. “Okay, close your mouth and let’s go.”

As we got to the gate, Lyn turned around and waved. I turned too, to see a little face at the window and a furiously waving little hand. I grinned and waved back.

Once in the car and out of sight of her daughter, Lyn leaned over and we kissed.

“What?” Lyn asked, as I stared at her after.

“Trying to make up my mind...” I paused, but her look of impatience told me to go on. “Whether I prefer getting lost in your eyes, or, those amazing sensuous lips.”

I was surprised to see Lyn blush slightly. “Bullshit!” She said laughing, “but nice romantic bullshit. Anyway, you don’t need to choose, you can have both.”

Her eyes seemed to take on an extra sparkle and the following kiss was as awesome as ever.

“Now take me... “ She said slowly and lustily, before adding with a giggle, “somewhere and feed me.”

“My pleasure ma’am.”

We talked about our respective days as we passed through the countryside on our way to the pub/restaurant I’d selected.

The ‘Shroppie Fly’ in the quaint village of Audlem, is a pub that was converted from a canal-side warehouse and sits alongside the Shropshire Union Canal. The food is excellent, but the setting is better still. There are tables outside that are within a couple of feet of the canal itself. There is even a feature there; the original crane, with its gears a focal point, is situated right next to the tables.

I had a nice ‘blue’ steak, much to Lyn’s disgust, whilst she had the turbot. I was more than happy to let Lyn lead the conversation, which, naturally, was heavily biased towards her daughter. My fooling about with her had won her around, though Lyn maintained that she was such a sweet and friendly child that she would have come round, almost regardless of what I did. As long as I kept her mother happy, said mother said with a grin.

“I’ll keep working hard at that, then.” I told her.

After the meal, I suggested a walk up the towpath. There are fifteen locks at Audlem, and, as the Shropshire Union is one of the most popular canals in the country, there is almost always something interesting happening. Naturally, I put my camera over my shoulder before taking Lyn’s hand and headed south.

As we walked, I talked about the history of the canal, and a bit about its chief engineer, Thomas Telford. How, unlike our local canal, the Trent & Mersey, the Shroppie was built double wide. Narrowboats are called that for a reason. To save costs, the earliest canals were built to a minimum width. Naturally, boats that used those canals had to be built so that they could fit in the locks and through the extremely narrow tunnels (eg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harecastle_Tunnel ).

“How do you know all this?” Lyn asked.

“My brother has been involved in boat-building and the canals for years. Add to that, my fascination with the history of transport, and you get a boring lecture.” I said laughing.

“Far from it,” Lyn said, surprising me, “I find it fascinating too, especially when you realise that all this was done with a pick and shovel.”

I put the camera away, and concentrated on Lyn. We’d walked about a mile before deciding to turn and head back. Words between us were sparse, but there was no doubting the closeness I felt.

“My place or do you need to get back?” I asked as we got into my car.

“Hmm!” Lyn pulled me into a deep kiss.

Having thought about it since the evening had begun, I just couldn’t resist sliding my hand up under her skirt. She was wearing sheer stockings, which felt great, but not a patch on how the soft flesh above them felt. I felt Lyn’s legs open a little and that was one hint even I could recognise, so I moved my hand to cup her sex.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.