Chronos Chronicles:Journey Forward
Chapter 11: Put into motion

Copyright© 2011 by Joan of Acre

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 11: Put into motion - Now that the Kindred have fought off the Neo Empire, and won, Chronos sees this as a respite before the true storm. More than anything she knows the Kindred need to get ready for the next step. It is time; to move forward, to expand their influence, to encourage differences. The Kindred will have to learn, they are the leaders of the new world. unfortunately they don't seem to know that. It will be up to Chronos to teach them.But wait there's more.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Post Apocalypse   Paranormal   Polygamy/Polyamory  

I think about starting my campaign first thing in the morning, only I know will not be up to just me and the Elders choice, it will be because I am needed. The best way to be needed is to talk to the those who came to visit us. Swanson and Mabel.

Swanson is a short black man with a very impressive beard and mustache. He has an almost dusky colored skin and big eyes that jump and move following everything that comes into his sight.

Mabel is has the look of a southern bell. Short honey blonde hair that has a natural curl to it. She too has sharp eyes, her mouth thinning in displeasure at everything she sees.

The two of them are dressed in what I have come to think of as cast offs. Whatever could be found at the end of the big blast. Past down through generation. Lots of mending and patching. But even in the cloths they are wearing are a contrast of cultures.

Mabel's many times patched shirt and skirt are faded and neat. with hidden stitching and simple accents. Swanson on the other hand is a riot of colors that have been slapped on willy-nilly. If there was a hole or a tear someone dashed whatever was handy.

I take all this in as I join them in the Chow Hall for a simple but hardy breakfast.

"Good morning to ya," Latches says from the Kitchen. I give her and her helpers a wave in return.

"Do you mind if I join you?" I ask the Saint Louisianans

Mabel looks up startled at the request, but Swanson gives me a once over and nods his head.

Right there I decide to drop all subtext and be forward with them.

"I am called Chronos." I say as I take a seat.

"Mabel is my name, " Mabel says in response. "this here lug is Swanson. But I am thinking you already know that."

"Yes, I live with Saul."

A flash of understanding comes into their eyes at that. Now I know Saul must have talked about me while he was with them. But even so I am in my usual outfit of buckskin skirt and tank top. My chain and sword around my waist and my hair a moss green cut so sharply at my chin that I looks like I am wearing a cap.

"Saul has some interesting tastes." Swanson says, he still looks at me hungrily even though he knows where my relationship interest lies.

"Saul has wonderful tastes." I agree.

"So you is here to learn what?" Mabel cuts to the heart of the matter.

I frown at her question, its sounds like they must be getting questioned by everyone, all the time. I am nothing new. but I suddenly don't like the fact that they have not been given a moments peace. No one ever bothered me. But I am not here for that. I can mend fences later.

"If you do not mind." I incline my head politely. "I wanted to know about your history."

"What's to say," Swanson breaks in before I can even ask another question he shrugs his shoulders. "We didn't leave when we should have and now..."

"We're stuck with each other." Mabel finishes for him.

"Nightingales." I say and tap a finger on my lips. "you might have been doctors or hospital workers."

"Yeah," Mabel flashes me a smile at my guess. "My grandpa says there were too many patients to move so he stayed behind. to care for them."

"What happened to the patients? " I ask.

"So of them got better, some didn't." She says and pushes her hair back. Flicking it behind her ears and then patting it in place.

"And you," I turn to Swanson. "Who were your people?"

"I guess you could say we was too poor for anyone to care so we stayed." is his off handed answer. I sense there is more to this than he is willing to say but there is no need to push, all will be reviled when the time is right.

"What about your people?" Mabel counters my questioning. "Y'all got green hair?"

"I should hope not." I smile at the thought. "It is a dye. I am just a plan brown wrapper other wise."

"Well girl what did you want with us, everyone here has been plaguing us with question and ideas." Swanson says getting to the heart of the matter.

"Now that you ask, " I grin. " I would like to go with you back to Saint Louis. I was not born a Kindred. I too am from away. I want to see how other people are doing."

Both Swanson and Mabel give me the strangest look when I mentioned I am not kin. I can't say what the look was only the both seem to withdraw. I wonder who else they have had contact with that would make them so wary of me.

"The Kindred have taken me in and call me one of their own. I mean no harm." I add.

"We'll think on it some." Mabel says finally. I nod and move away to get some breakfast from Lacthes.

This is going to be tougher then I thought. What else is new.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.