Chronos Chronicles:Journey Forward
Chapter 9: Crowded House

Copyright© 2011 by Joan of Acre

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 9: Crowded House - Now that the Kindred have fought off the Neo Empire, and won, Chronos sees this as a respite before the true storm. More than anything she knows the Kindred need to get ready for the next step. It is time; to move forward, to expand their influence, to encourage differences. The Kindred will have to learn, they are the leaders of the new world. unfortunately they don't seem to know that. It will be up to Chronos to teach them.But wait there's more.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Post Apocalypse   Paranormal   Polygamy/Polyamory  

We arrive late to the meeting. It is at Melville's home and the place is crowded. Far more then any other council meeting I have sat in. Godiva, Melville's wife is in her element, she is running around making sure everyone is comfortable and seated. Talking and laughing with old friends. Making sure Alys, their adopted daughter is being introduced to everyone.

The home is lit with hundreds of candles and lanterns giving the room a warm glow. But thanks to the mass of bodies many of the windows are open to keep the room temperature down. the Candles flicker all over the place with no rhyme or reason.

"Ah good Nim, Saul, and Chronos," Melville greets us at the door and waves us in.

"You're the last I think." he nods his head in self satisfaction. "Take a seat where you can."

"Thank you Mel." Saul says for our party as we look around for some space for the three of us.

We see Maggie waving at us, she is perched on the back of a couch between her parents. I am not sure if I am up to sitting with her parents although they must know what we doing with Maggie ever morning.

I glance at the men. Saul shrugs and Nimrod gives me an amused smirk. I roll my eyes at them and elbow my way past them.

"After you," Nim says to Saul as I pass them. "No After you Nim dear," Saul says in return.

There is smug and then then there is two mens worth of smug. I stalk away from them making my way over to Maggie.

"I didn't think this was your kind of entertainment," I say as I flash Maggie a teasing smile.

"I was thinking about your talk on knowing about what is going on. more than gossip." she gets defensive at my question. I think she just wants a hug. and can't say it.

"Good for you," say and jump up to her perch. I balance on the edge of the couch for a second. "Now make some room for the old guys." I flip over her and twist around as I land in a crouch. Her mother squawks at my flip. but Maggie holds her tongue. I can see she wants to ask me about it but she stops herself. She is coming along nicely.

"Nosis, stop showing off for the girl," Saul say smoothing as he joins us. he quickly gives Maggie a hug and squeezes in next to her. Nimrod nods to Pandalf and Alissia, Maggie's parents and Pandolf makes room next on the couch. I guess the back of the couch is not dignified enough for an Elder. Nimrod gets my smirk the next time he looks over at us.

"Shall we being." Melville says in a loud voice cutting through the rooms chatter.

A woman in the middle of the room stands and says. "The council of the elders at the 12 cycle is at a start."

"Words are spoken, agreement made. all shall abide by the decisions made here. All are welcome to speak their mind, and make their cases. Elder Melville will speak first." she nods at Melville who in return gives her a slight bow. "Thank you record keeper."

I perk up this is now, yet no one in the room looks the least bit surprised.

"First I would like to apologize for having so many Elder only meetings," Melville says in a courteous tone turning around the room so every one can hear him. "They were called because of the crisis we faced needed decisions made right away."

"We have much to tell and much to discuss. But first I would like to take a moment to speak of our good news, to introduce our two new family members. Chronos, Who I am sure many of you have met, and Alys who Godiva and I have decided to adopt."

I take a moment to wave when Melville says my name, Maggie giggles furiously behind her hand. Saul gives her shoulders squeezes that gets her to relax.

Alys, the dear, stands and executes a perfect curtsy to the watching masses.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.