Magic in the Moonlight
Chapter 1: Before

Copyright© 2011 by Girl Friday

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 1: Before - Yesterday, my name was Lauren Summers. I was 43 years old with a good job that I didn’t like much, but it paid the bills. When I woke up today, I was told my name is Kimberly Sparks. My birth certificate says I’m 24 years old. I don’t have a job or a place to live. But there’s a seriously hot guy taking me home with him. Lauren Summers died yesterday in a terrible fire and Kimberly Sparks was born. But I’m not a phoenix; I’m a werewolf. Who knew?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Were animal   Oral Sex   Slow  

I looked at the stack of papers surrounding me and wished (for at least the dozenth time today) that I could run away to the Bahamas. I smiled as I remembered the lunchtime phone call I'd had earlier in the day with my best friend. Sick to death of the audit at work and worried about the full day of meetings I had scheduled for tomorrow, I'd told him if I went missing that afternoon to start looking on the white sand beaches of Nassau. He'd chuckled and reminded me that I had a week of vacation coming, just as soon the auditors went on their merry way.

If I'd known that was the last time I would ever talk to him again, I probably would have told him I loved him. Oh, not that way, not for a long time now. But Caleb Nash was the single most important person in my life. He'd been my boyfriend once, many years ago. When that didn't work, what upset both of us the most was the idea that we'd lose the close friendship we shared. We made a vow, Caleb and I, that no matter how difficult or upsetting the situation was, we'd work through it together. He'd been my best friend ever since.

Wishing I really could walk away from it all, I started digging through the stacks of paper sitting on my coffee table. I worked as an accountant and financial analyst for a cement company. I'd been there about six years and the longer I was there it seemed like the more crap I took care of. Somehow, I'd gotten assigned to deal with a group of sales tax auditors and they were making my life miserable.

Rather than come out once a year, sales tax auditors only bothered me once every three years. I'd heard a rumor that some companies never had to deal with them at all. I put that down to heresy and rampant speculation. I'd been given a list of invoices the auditors needed copies of and most of them were almost the full three years old. I'd managed to locate all but two. After determining the missing invoices weren't hiding in the stack I'd already sorted twice, I slumped on the sofa and argued with myself.

I had a good idea where those invoices might be stored, but it meant going back to the office. I was mostly ready for tomorrow's meeting with the executives to hammer out the final details of the budget. Maybe I could dig for the invoices in the morning?

No.

If I was right, those invoices were buried in the basement file room and there was no way I could hunt through that mess and not come out looking like something the Swamp Thing threw up on New Years Eve. I sighed and pulled myself off the sofa. I wanted to change my clothes before digging around in the cellar at work, or as I privately called it, the Basement of Horror. I wandered back to my bedroom and pulled on an old, stained pair of jeans that had seen better days. The t-shirt I was wearing had a stain on my left breast where I'd spilled red sangria a few months ago, so it would do. I shoved my feet into my oldest pair of sneakers, grabbed my keys, and headed out to my car.

The apartment complex was quiet. It was a small town and the people who lived here were mostly older, like myself. Well, I'm not that old but I'd celebrated my forty-third birthday earlier this year so I fit right in around here. I had a large, two bedroom apartment on the top floor of my three story building. It wasn't anything special, but it had been built back in the 1970s and the apartments were virtually soundproof. My neighbors were friendly enough, but we mostly left each other alone.

It was only a short drive to my office. I always thought it was a little odd to see a two story office building sitting in the middle of a field. There were some houses here and there nearby, but it was very rural and deserted. In order to be close to the stone quarry and mixing plant that served as our center of operations, the company had decided to build the offices out here rather than in town. I didn't mind the surroundings during the day, but the sun was almost gone and, in the dark, the deserted atmosphere bumped up the spook factor.

I parked next to the admin building and carefully locked my car before heading inside. I may be a small town girl, but my parents had drilled into me it was better to be safe than sorry. It was funny how missing them would sometimes hit me out of nowhere. My dad had died when I was barely into my twenties, but my mom had only been gone a few months.

As I thought about her, a fresh wave of grief hit me. Being out here in the middle of nowhere, with the moon just beginning to rise, made me wish I'd picked up my baseball bat and brought it with me. My mom had given it to me as Christmas gift a few years back. She'd been worried when I moved into my apartment that someone would break in and "do bad things" to me.

We'd all laughed when I unwrapped the thing, but my mom had looked me in the eyes and in all seriousness said, "Lauren Anne Summers, I want you to promise me that you'll keep that bat next to your bed. I don't want some sheriff standing on my doorstep telling me you're gone because you didn't have anything to defend yourself with."

"Yes, Momma, I promise." And I'd kept the bat next to my bed ever since.

The ache of grief subsided as I unlocked the front door and stepped inside the building. It was so quiet when no one was here. I turned on every light switch I passed as I headed up to my office on the second floor. There was a long shot chance I had the invoices in my file cabinet. If I could save myself a trip to the Basement of Horror, it was worth a look.

After twenty minutes of fruitless searching, I knew my last chance of success was downstairs in the cellar file room. I grabbed the key out of the storage cabinet on the wall and headed down to the first floor. The door to the basement was standing open, but that wasn't unusual. It was never closed. What was odd was the back door to the office being slightly ajar. I frowned as I looked at it. The cleaning lady must not have locked it when she left. The locks were a pain in the ass and I regularly had trouble with them. I pulled the door tight and made sure the lock was engaged before I headed down the cellar stairs.

I hated these stairs. Absolutely hated them. They were narrow and steep, with a very shallow tread to step on. I always felt like I was going to fall down because the step was narrower than my foot. To keep myself from slipping, I reached out to grab the banister but stopped before I closed my hand over it. It was an old black iron pipe that had been painted a dark green about a million years ago. I don't think it had ever been cleaned and I debated which would be more painful, falling to my death or the contagious deadly disease I was sure to catch from the handrail. Luckily, my t-shirt had long sleeves so I grabbed the cuff and pulled it over my hand before I took hold of the rail.

I shuddered once and then carefully began to make my way down the stairs. About halfway down, the smell washed over me. Mildew, stagnant water, with a vague thread of sewage running through it made the air disgusting to breathe. The whole building had been renovated a few years ago, but since the basement was used only for storage it had been left to rot in peace.

At the bottom of the stairs I turned the light on and rolled my eyes at the toilet sitting in the corner. The damn thing was still hooked up and overflowed every time we had a heavy rain. Who in the hell would have ever used that thing to begin with? I couldn't imagine why it was there at all. Ick.

Everything was covered in dust: the floor, the window sills, and a few abandoned, broken chairs. It bumped up the creep factor so I hurried through that room and over to the locked door of the file room. I pulled the key out of my pocket to put it into the padlock when I noticed something very wrong. The padlock and the hasp that held the door closed had been ripped right off the door! I had time to think, "What the fuck?" before the door swung violently inward to reveal someone standing just inside the file room.

I screamed in surprise and terror as the man stepped through the door and grabbed me. It wasn't anyone I had ever seen before. I got one good look at him as one of his hands wrapped around my throat and picked me up. He wasn't very tall, but he had no problem lifting me off the floor, even though I was several inches taller and quite a bit heavier. He had pale, pale skin, pure white hair, and his eyes were completely black. I tried to peel his fingers off my neck so I could breathe, but with my feet dangling off the ground I couldn't get any leverage.

"How nice of you to stop in. I was just beginning to think about finding some dinner and you'll do nicely."

The next instant, I was flying through the air. I crashed hard into the concrete wall and my body exploded with pain. I struggled to move. I had to get away. I rolled onto my hands and knees, then tried to stand.

His knee slammed into the center of my back and pinned me to the ground, robbing me of what little breath I had. Pain stabbed through my chest, some of my ribs felt broken. He grabbed me by the hair and pulled my head back so my upper body arched off the floor.

"Yes, that hurts, doesn't it?" he hissed in my ear. "It's going to hurt a lot worse before I'm done."

He scraped his fingernails up the side of my neck, digging long furrows of searing hot pain. He rubbed the tips of his fingers in the wounds and showed me the bloody results. My body trembled violently as he licked his fingers clean.

"Oh yes, that's what I like to see. It's nice and red, and it tastes divine. It's the pain, you know. Your body is pumping out all sorts of adrenaline right now and that makes your blood that much sweeter."

The bastard was sitting on my back, but I'd played soccer in high school and learned how to use my head. I was able to wedge one elbow against the floor as he loosened his grip on my hair just a bit. I managed to drop my head a precious inch before I slammed it backwards with everything I had. It wasn't much, but it was something. He cried out as the back of my skull connected with his jaw and I managed to roll just enough to get him off my back.

"You fucking cunt, how dare you!"

And suddenly, I was flying through the air again. This time when I hit, I heard my arm snap. I screamed as pain surged through me. I couldn't think. I couldn't breathe. I started to cry, unable to stop the tears rolling down my face. Fuck, it hurt. I had barely hit the ground when he jerked me to my feet. I don't think my brain believed my eyes when I saw his fangs, but then he bent and sank them into my neck.

As he started to feed, I heard his voice in my head. He was mumbling things like, "You are so delicious" and "your blood is so sweet." I shuddered in fear as pictures began to form in my mind. They were of another girl, young, with long brown hair. He was sucking on her neck, just like he was sucking on mine. She screamed the entire time until she went limp and died. He laughed as he snapped her neck then dropped her into a dumpster and walked away.

I understood then that there was no escape. I was going to die. And with what little strength I had, I began to pray.

"Our Father, who art in Heaven..."

My words were so faint I could barely hear them. Just whispering them was an effort. My attacker pulled his mouth off me and shrieked. My blood covered his face and I could feel the wounds in my neck bleeding freely.

"Hallowed be Thy name..."

He dropped me and covered his ears as he spun away from me. As I hit the floor, I saw two men grab him and shove him head first into the wall. The concrete blocks cracked and crumbled from the force of the blow. One of the men jerked my attacker out of the wall and pinned his arms behind his back. The other man punched him in the face, knocking him out cold. Quickly, the man stepped forward and grabbed my attacker with one hand on his jaw and the other at the base of his skull. I could barely keep my eyes open, but the quick jerk that snapped his neck was unmistakable. The man holding him dropped the dead body on the floor.

"We'd better stake him, too. I don't want to take any chances."

He went to a wooden pallet lying discarded in the corner and jerked part of a slat off. The world was getting darker and my eyes were so heavy, but I forced myself to watch as the man drove the wood through my attacker's chest. When it was over, I couldn't hold my eyes open anymore and the world was reduced to sound and pain.

"I don't think she's going to make it." One of them was touching me and I whimpered from the pain it caused. "She's got a lot of broken bones and he bit her."

"Yeah, look." A gentle hand turned my head as they looked at my neck, "He got her good. You know if we don't do something and she dies from this, she's going to rise again."

"It's not allowed. We can't do it."

I'm going to become like him? Was he a vampire? My mind shied away from that thought but I couldn't bear the idea of being like him. Please, dear God, no. It was so hard to talk, so very hard ... but they had to know I didn't want to end up that way.

"Please, don't let that happen. Stake me, too."

A gentle touch brushed my bangs off my forehead, "We're not going to let that happen."

I managed to force my eyes open just a bit and watched as one of the men slit his wrist with a pocket knife. He pressed his wrist against my mouth. I wanted to struggle, but I couldn't move. I could feel his blood against my lips.

"No, not like him."

"You won't be, I promise. You drink some of mine, I drink some of yours and you're going to be just fine. Not like him, I promise. Trust me, just take a little bit."

I could feel his fingers as they touched my neck. I tried to tell him no, but his wrist was blocking my mouth. I could taste blood, but I didn't know if it was mine or his. He brought his fingers to his mouth and sucked my blood off.

"Come on, just a little more, sweetheart."

Reluctantly, I licked the blood from his wrist. It burned on my tongue, but tasted incredibly sweet. I could hear something growling as I swallowed. That didn't make sense. I managed to turn my head just a tiny bit to come face to face with a huge snarling wolf. As my brain registered the wolf, he lunged and sank his teeth in my shoulder.

Mercifully, the world went black.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.