05 Walker
Chapter 66

Copyright© 2011 by Banzai Ben

Present – Mira – At DIA

Alexi and I acquire a vehicle and traverse the distance to Denver International Airport main terminal. When we arrest our progress in a 'loading zone' and exit the vehicle a local constable harasses us, "Excuse me ma'am you can't leave that car here or I will have to tow it."

I wave my hand at him, continue walking and reply, "Do as you wish."

He loudly annunciates additionally at me as we continue into the terminal and Alexi remarks, "My sister Mira, please do not be angry with me. But perhaps next time it would be wise for me to operate the vehicle."

I look at him, detect the fear in his eyes and expound, "Alexi, four wheel vehicular operation is not a suit of strong for me so if you can perform the action with greater competency I would be appreciative."

Alexi corrects, "My sister you mean 'strong suit'. Do not worry, I am an excellent driver and have one of the highest scores in Grand Theft Auto."

I reply, "Thank you my brother. Vehicular operation is an annoyance for me and I am not sure what this Grand Theft Auto is. With your diplomatic passport, they can not prohibit you from serving as my chauffer. However I do feel the need for you to attend a variety of defensive and offensive vehicular operation courses."

He grinned, "Will I be able to terminate a vehicle in these courses?"

I stop, ponder for a moment and respond, "My brother, I would worry for your safety if you purposefully terminated a vehicle so I think that I will prohibit."

His face mimics the façade of a forlorn puppy dog. I almost recant my decision. Then the local constable runs in with others, gestures at me and announces, "There she is! get her!"

Alexi tenses but I instruct, "Remain tranquil Alexi. Do not resist but instead learn."

They surround me like cops of keystone as the local constable accuses, "That vehicle you parked was stolen."

I smile at him and state, "No sir, you are incorrect! It was merely temporarily acquired."

They surround us more closely and invade our personal perimeter while they place their hands on us and even restrain us with handcuffs. I loudly demand, "I request to see the local Director of Homeland Security."

They reveal their mirth and the primary constable threatens, "Like hell! You're going directly to jail."

Present – Liz – At the restaurant

Now that everyone, other than Mira and Alexi, is here I say, "Okay, listen everyone. We need to have a memorial service for Mira's sister Ira as soon as possible. I can tell she needs it for closure. Jens, I was thinking we would get a headstone and if you don't mind put it on your land at the cabin."

Jens thinks for a couple minutes and says, "Liz, I didn't know she had a twin sister. And if it was just for her I'd say hell no. But you're like my sister so I think it's fine as long as I don't have to see it every day."

Jack says, "Jens that's one of the nicest things you've ever done for someone. I met both of them together and you might not know it but just as Ira gave her life to save Liz and everyone in her group, she also once saved Banzai's life."

I pull out my phone to order the headstone as the conversation continues around the table...

Present – Jens – At the restaurant

I look at Jack in wonder and request, "I knew about you meeting both of them at the spy school but I didn't know about Ira saving my Ben's life. Please tell me more."

Jack tells me about how the fucking bastards at the spy school took and tortured my Ben and how Ira went into the building where Ben was being held, kicked everyone's asses without killing anyone, and then brought my Ben out safely. I was highly impressed with Ira's skill and realized how lucky I might have been when I attacked Mira.

Everything was fine until he mentioned, "Then Ira and Mira slept on each side of him to warm him in the hospital. Then I guess when Ben woke up he squeezed their asses which..."

I interrupt, "They did what! And Ben did what!"

Present – Jack – At the restaurant

Oh fuck me, was that a mistake! I try to backpedal, "Uh, well the hospital needed some way to keep Ben warm..."

Jens interrupts, "They didn't have warming blankets?"

I counter, "Yes they had warming blankets but they felt..."

Jens said, "Jack, stop your lying."

For once I was happy as hell when Ivan realized Jens was upset at me and began to cry...

Present – Liz – At the restaurant

I finish my call, things are set up and the headstone will be delivered ASAP so we can take it with us. I can immediately tell Jens is upset about something so I ask, "Jens what's wrong."

She grumps, "Did you know Mira and her sister Ira slept on each side of Ben to warm him up then he squeezed their asses?"

I shake my head and say, "Jens I have no idea what you're talking about but get off your high horse and think about it. Who did Ben finally end up with?"

She thinks for a moment, then smiles and says, "Me of course. He even met my parents."

I nod my head, "That's right, because I was there. Now who's life did he save on that one mission."

She grins, "Mine! Yes when I got appendicitis he was going to die to save me!"

Then Thom opens his big fat mouth...

Present – Thom – At the restaurant

Well, this sounds like too much fun to resist so I say, "Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems like Ben's made saving people his life mission. Isn't that how he ended up with his two wives?"

Liz gives me a dirty look. I smile innocently then I get the surprise of my life when Maria, who's sitting next to me...

Present – Linus – At the restaurant

Maria leans over and whispers something to Thom. He turns white and quickly retreats, "Jennifer, I'm sorry for trying to get you upset. But..." Then he stops in mid-sentence.

Jens says, "Thom like I said before you're not going to get my goat..."

Jack interrupts, "Hell yes Banzai did make it his life story to save people: He saved my life I don't know how many times. In fact if I recall didn't he even save your life once Thom."

Thom quietly replies, "Yeah our paths have crossed once or twice."

Now this was news to me and I needed to find out more about this later but first I needed to know what the hell Maria said to Thom. It's just not like him to apologize. I lean over and whisper, "Maria, just what did you say to Thom?"

She grins at me and answers, "I had my knife against his crotch and told him if he wanted to keep his family jewels he'd better apologize to my Princess Boss."

I started laughing. Thom looks at me and demands, "What's so damn funny!"

I decide that discretion is probably the best course of action here so I reveal, "Oh Maria just told me a joke. Would you like to hear it?"

Thom gives me a dirty look and Jens says, "Linus, you're the worst comedian in the world so please spare us the pain."

My Maria adds, "I second that."

The whole table laughs, then Matt and Jim walk in and Matt says, "I've got bad news."

Present – Jens – At the restaurant

I look at Matt and Jim and ask, "Oh great! What's happened now?"

Matt explains, "Near as we can tell, Mira stole a car, drove to the main terminal, left the car in a loading zone and now the police have her and Alexi in custody."

I look at everyone and think, this is all we need – no, what we really need is a plan to get everyone the hell out of DIA. I start to open my mouth when Liz starts to laugh. We all look at her like she's crazy until she offers, "Guys I've been around Mira enough to know this has to be some sort of tactical plan. Matt and Jim, pull up a chair and have some food."

Jim looks at Thom and complains, "Thanks a hell of a lot for letting us know you'd left and come back here."

Thom bristles and I can tell it's going to be one more non-productive fight. I decide it's time for me to be the alpha bitch in this pack of mongrels so I stand up and announce, "Okay everyone, I want to hear from each of you who's the boss here. And if I get the wrong answer from anyone, we're going outside to settle this once and for all."

Maria pipes right up, "Jens you're my boss."

Liz says, "Jens you're my BFF so I will do what you say."

Matt and Jim add, "You sign our checks."

Jack says, "Hell I've said it before - I'm 'all in' until we find Banzai, then I want to help kick his ass."

Linus seconds, "Hell yes I want to kick his ass too!"

I look at Thom, he grins and says, "What the hell! It's not like I can do a mission right now with half my team down. And I'd sure like to see these fools try to kick Ben's ass."

Maria adds, "Well you can be sure he's going to get his ass kicked."

Thom starts to laugh then I slam my fist on the table and order, "That's fucking enough talk about kicking Ben's ass. If there's any ass kicking to do, I'm the one that's going to do it! Now that we all know I'm the boss, I'm tired of sitting on my ass doing nothing, so here's the plan."

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.