05 Walker - Cover

05 Walker

Copyright© 2011 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 39

Present – Thom – C130 landed at DIA

A second group drives up surrounding the first group and I can tell just from the way they act that this group is certainly not composed of weekend warriors. The commander of the second group asks, "Who's in charge here?"

Banty rooster quickly answers, "I am."

I whisper to Bryon, "That was a wrong answer, now this should be fun."

The commander states, "And who the fuck are you?"

Banty rooster threatens, "The one who's going to kick your ass!"

At that the second team reacts and trains their weapons on the first group. Now I decide this has gone too fucking far!

I make a hand signal, check to see that James and the C-130 crew are in place and yell, "Everyone stand down before I order my men to open fire. Now you two wannabe bosses get your asses over here while you still have asses to move."

I'm still not sure they aren't going to keep being jerks so I continue watching. Then I smile as the new leader backs down and wisely suggests, "I think we'd better go discuss things with him because he has the biggest weapons and that means he's in charge."

They walk up to me and take up a sloppy slouch. I take one look at them and command, "Ten-hut you sorry sacks of shit!"

The new leader snaps to it while the Banty rooster tries but fails miserably. It's all I can do to keep from laughing at him. Now to give these morons the dressing down they deserve...

Present – Byron – C130 landed at DIA

Once again I'm glad Thom's here. Oh he's a RPITA but he's also good at what he does and that's command - he really should have been an officer.

He takes control of the situation (which isn't hard when you're backed up by a mini-gun), defuses the problems and now I can hardly wait because he's going to chew some ass! And for a change the chewee is not me or the team.

He shouts, "Just who the hell do you two think you are? Both of you come flying in here throwing your weight around like you're in charge. Who the hell died and made you two the bosses?"

The first leader started to reply but that was a mistake. Thom cut him off, "Haven't you ever heard of being facetious. If I want an opinion from either of you I will give opinions you can use. Now I know who the first idiot is, but who the hell are you and why the hell are you here."

He looks at the new leader and the new leader asks, "Permission to speak?"

Thom smiles and says, "Now that's the way you're supposed to respond. Hell yes tell me who you are and why you're here."

He snaps, "Sir we are here because Jennifer Donaldson's aide requested that we assist in keeping some of her friends safe as they are transported to and during their stay at the Swedish Medical center. Now may I ask a question?"

Thom waves his hand, "Yes you may."

The new leader asks, "First where is Jennifer Donaldson, second who are you, and third who are these pretend soldiers?"

The first leader looks like he is going to explode at the last comment but Thom handles it by yelling, "That was more than one question! However, since I am in a generous mood, and since you are obviously militarily trained and not just a poser..." He stares down the first leader then continues, "I will overlook your error and answer your three questions."

Thom takes a breath and continues, "First Jennifer Donaldson was taken by force to a psychiatric hospital. We were in the process of organizing her rescue when you and your men interfered. Second, I am the one in charge while she is gone because one gesture from me and that mini-gun and other weapons fire. And third, this other group was sent here to protect us or detain us until another flight arrives with more of my team."

Then Thom uses one of his most effective techniques, the long silent stare. I remember the last time he did it to me: It's uncomfortable as hell and I watch as the second leader tolerates it but doesn't like it while the first leader actually starts to squirm.

Thom ignores the movement then he smiles at them and says, "Okay now that we've established who we all are and that I'm the one in charge, here are your assignments." He looks at the new leader and orders, "You and your squad will standby for fifteen minutes then you will accompany my two injured men and one more of my squad to the Swedish Medical center where you will perform your task as assigned by Jennifer."

He looks at the first leader and says, "And you and your men have five minutes to be out of my sight. You failed miserably at your job by letting this other group approach us as they did. But don't worry, some of us will be here when Ms. Sedankina arrives. Now you are dismissed."

They both start to leave and Thom corrects the second leader, "I didn't dismiss you!" He snaps back to attention as the first leader leaves, reminding me of a beaten dog. Once he's out of earshot Thom says, "Sorry I was so hard on you but I didn't want another gunfight, at least not here in Denver. Now after they leave, if you and your men will setup a perimeter until we are ready to transport our men to the hospital, I would personally appreciate it."

The second leader says, "Yes Sir!" It's amazing that Thom ignores his comment and I wonder if he is becoming an officer.

Thom turns, looks at James and declares, "Let's find out where Jennifer is."

James motions to one of the other men who takes his place as he heads inside.

He then looks at Linus and reminds, "You need to get your team ready."

I look at Thom and ask, "And my new assignment?"

He grins and tells me what it is. So help me God - I'm going to find some way to get even with him...

Present – Linus – C130 landed at DIA

Thom takes care of a potentially deadly situation then tells me to get moving. I grab Matt and Jim and head into the C-130 to gear up. This one's going to be tricky because we are going to need to subdue but not injure unless they've done something to Jens. However, if they have hurt Jens, then I'm going take pleasure in killing all of them - especially that backstabbing Megan bitch!

Present – Maria – C130 landed at DIA

Well the show is over. I was hoping I might get a chance to shoot someone, perhaps I might even miss and graze Thom, the old fart!

As Byron walks up to me, he looks uncomfortable as hell and asks, "Maria, Thom would like to know if you've cleaned up the mess, made more coffee and prepared the sandwiches."

First I feel the overwhelming urge to bite his head off, then I realize he's just doing what Thom ordered. Besides I might be able to use Byron against Thom. Instead of yelling, I smile and say, "I'll get right on it and call you when the sandwiches are ready. I will make Thom's first and you can take it to him while I make the rest."

Then I head inside and swear I'm going to make Thom a sandwich he'll never forget!

Present – Byron – C130 landed at DIA

Yeah Thom ordered me to 'motivate Maria to do her job' which really meant I was to be another tool he uses to irritate Maria. I had figured out Thom was going to do things which would obviously irritate her in hopes she would take it out on Linus. But I was worried as I walked over to her that she might try to take it out on me because I wasn't sure I could take her with just one good arm.

I was shocked when she responded the way she did and I walked back over to Thom and reported, "Maria said she'd get right on it, make your sandwich first and let me know when it's ready. But that was a hell of a nasty job to give me."

Thom smiles at me and apologizes, "Sorry about that, but we do need to keep her worked up and I knew she would take it better from you than from me."

Present – Maria – C130 landed at DIA

Thank God someone had already swept up the coffee pot and made new coffee. Now I could concentrate on Thom's special sandwich. I smile as I finish, head to the door and shout, "Byron, Thom's sandwich is ready."

He's talking to Thom and Thom replies, "Would you please bring it here for me?"

I smile, take it and a cup of coffee to him, hand him the plate and wait. He looks at it, smiles at me, hands the plate back to me and suggests, "You know, I'm not hungry right now, why don't you eat it instead."

I start to complain but Thom gives me a look and says, "No I insist. You worked hard preparing this so you should be the first one to eat."

I can't let Thom know what I did, so I grudgingly take a bite hoping to spit it out before I have to swallow it. But Thom grins at me and asks, "So Maria, what is your analysis of Megan's actions?"

Dammit, now I'm forced to swallow this bite. I choke it down and reply...

Present – Byron – C130 landed at DIA

I think Maria is going to learn a valuable lesson: You don't try to trick Thom. The only one that was ever successful was Linus and that was because he is possibly even sneakier than Thom.

It's blatantly obvious that she did something to Thom's sandwich and it is sweet watching how he forces her to take a bite. Maria almost gags, but swallows the bite and answers his question, "Thom, I would say that she has an ulterior motive but I'm not sure what that motive is. Now if you don't mind I need to get inside and finish the other sandwiches."

She takes off like her ass is on fire. Once she's inside Thom grins, sips his coffee and comments, "Now that was fun. I wonder what she did to the sandwich."

Present – Linus – C130 landed at DIA

We gear up, get an approximate location from James (he's lost contact with the phone), grab some chow and head out to rescue Jens...

Present – Jens – At the psych hospital

Megan finally comes back and she's all alone! I decide to spring into action and escape. I jump up, grab the bitch around the neck and choke the hell out of her. I let her lifeless body fall to the floor, run out into the hallway and – Frack, Double Frack and Triple Frack!!!

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.