05 Walker
Chapter 38

Copyright© 2011 by Banzai Ben

Flashback – Jack – Undisclosed location

It seemed like it took forever to get to the underground hanger. We were still doing about 60 kph but compared to when Banzai drove this thing like a striped-ass-ape this was more than sedate, it was boring as hell. I could tell even Banzai was bored because he was purposely running into and over things. Since I figured we both needed a diversion, I asked, "So Banzai, what's the plan for getting more fuel and jerry cans?"

I knew I had his attention because he was driving better as he answered, "Well I think we might do the last thing they expect us to do."

I looked at Banzai in astonishment, "You have to be fucking kidding!"

He laughed and confirmed, "Jack it's perfect because they will never expect it."

Flashback – Major M – Command and Control

We were still analyzing the debris from the truck explosion but it was scattered all over hell and the RG troops didn't help because they kept moving the shit around. I wanted to know if we had the debris of three trucks or four trucks. Finally we went back to the first snapshot of the area after the cameras regained imaging and starting adding up the pieces.

I paced the room as the techs worked. Then my aide came in and said, "Sir you might want to see this. The underground hanger was just destroyed."

I ran into the main ops room and everyone was cheering! Damn the Sgts. pulled off another one. I needed to get on the horn to the General...

Flashback – Mira and Ira – Undisclosed location

I was world-weary as I observed the RG inspecting the wreckage. I unfortunately did not properly control my thought processes and my mind took a visionary vacation. My imagination transported me back to the woods, the snow, and the troika. But this time we finally had arrived at our nest of love...

My Sgt. very romantically swept me off my feet and carried me through the door. Then he sensually whispered, "Mira what is your analysis?"

I was immediately removed from my wool gathering pursuit and replied, "Ira, I am not sure."

Mira's thought patterns had been disturbed ever since we departed the USA. She did not improve in Israel and I comprehended she still possessed a romantic fixation. This could be a detriment not just to our mission, but also to our existence. In the sight of behind, not allowing closure for her terminated relationship with the infernal Sgt. Blaine was a mistake? I pondered this as a new message arrived from Israel. Combined with unease regarding my beloved sister, the news infuriated me to a debilitating degree.

I stated, "Those female salukis are going to pay!"

Mira looked at me and inquired, "Is there some disturbing issue Ira?"

I bitterly complained, "Yes! The harlequins just demolished the underground hanger which we were supposed to be observing."

Mira additionally became agitated, "This will not appear as if we are very professional."

I postulated, "Perhaps we can still contain them if we proceed with abandon!"

We acquired our motorcycles and commenced posthaste. I was justifiably proud that this time my sister Mira was properly motivated.

Flashback – Jack – Undisclosed location

Sometimes I wondered if Banzai had more balls than brains, however this time it worked perfectly. The guards at the gate saw us coming, they opened the gates, we waved as we went through and drove through the open hanger doors. Halfway back we saw the fuel tanks and drove right up to them. It probably helped that we were wearing the same uniform as the guards.

Banzai said, "Jack cover me as I fill us up and find some more jerry cans."

He bailed out the driver's side of the jeep and I slowly got out of the passenger side and pretended to stretch. I got concerned when he took off, but he was back in five minutes with a cart loaded with jerry cans and a crate.

I questioned, "What's in the crate."

He grinned at me, "Russian Standard Vodka, the Platinum version."

I gave him a dirty look and complained, "This is a hell of a time to think about drinking."

He continued grinning, "Hey this isn't for us, well okay we might save one bottle. This is for my GAZ."

I questioned, "You're going to get the damn jeep drunk?"

Banzai shot back, "Hell no, but I remember watching a Soviet film about how a submarine crew recovered a bunch of vodka. When the sub ran out of fuel they used the vodka to power the sub and it ran better than ever."

I complained, "Well this isn't a fucking submarine."

Banzai countered, "But my GAZ is Russian and I bet she would love a little shot of vodka now and then."

I shook my head and watched as Banzai poured a whole damn bottle of vodka in the fuel tank and I began to worry. He'd started treating this jeep better than I'd seen him treat most women - you would think he was in love. I need to have a serious talk with him later but in the meantime; I had been analyzing the situation and had come up with a great plan to destroy the underground hanger.

Banzai finished filling the jeep and all the jerry cans. Then we loaded them along with the rest of the vodka. I questioned, "How long do you think it would take for you to get us out of here."

He looked around and asked, "Do you want to leave peacefully?"

I answered, "Hell no, I want you to drive like you normally do."

He grinned and said, "Well we can get you out of here in under sixty seconds."

I told him, "Well get ready to leave because I'm going to give you fifty-five seconds."

I placed the fuel hose behind the tanks, set a timed charge for one minute (hey I wanted Banzai motivated), started the timer and taped the fuel nozzle wide open. Then I sprinted to the jeep, jumped in and Banzai floored it. Perhaps Banzai was right about the vodka, or perhaps I'd gotten used to his slow driving, but it felt like I was in a fucking rocket! We flew past guards as they finally figured out who we were and started closing the hanger doors.

I yelled over the noise of the engine, "You better move this damn jeep."

Banzai laughed, "Don't worry, we will have just enough time."

I couldn't believe it when the idiots actually started firing at us and worried Banzai was going to want me to man the gun (again). But he was too busy driving the hell out of this jeep. We just made it through the doors as the timed charge went off. I looked behind us and saw flames belch out of the underground hanger. Banzai cut the wheel sharply and I realized why - the gate was closed and there was no way we could drive through it.

Banzai commanded, "Jack you need to get one of those damn RPGs and blow us a hole through the fence." Then he cut the wheel in another direction as we were being fired at.

I unbelted, crawled into the back, grabbed an RPG, popped the roof hatch and yelled, "I think the gates are the weakest point, when I stand up drive right at them."

I stood up, Banzai headed right at the gate. I fired the RPG, it sort of blew up the gates and the jeep crashed through what was left. I dropped into the passenger seat, belted in and said, "That was too close for comfort."

Banzai gave me a sad look and said, "Yeah I think I hurt my girl running through the gates."

I suddenly worried we'd really broken the jeep and questioned, "Just what the hell do you mean?"

I thought he was going to cry when he said, "Look at her, she's dented."

I looked over the hood and couldn't tell a bit off difference so I teased, "Well just give her some more vodka for the pain."

I was glad this time however that no tanks showed up since I hated manning the gun. Banzai floored it and we took off (literally because he hit another funny looking big assed bump) for our next target.

Flashback – Mira and Ira – Undisclosed location

We arrived again at our underground hanger observation post and the miniscule cache of equipment we left had been utterly destroyed. I complained, "Somehow the harlequins discovered our location and trampled it with their infernal vehicle."

Ira added, "However I think they made a miscalculation. There is currently no wind to obliterate their tracks."

Ira and I quickly searched through the damaged equipment, recovered what was still serviceable, loaded it onto our motorcycles then buried the debris.

I looked at Ira and commented, "Perhaps the weather will hold and we will for once contain these harlequins."

Ira pointed at the horizon and said, "Mira, you observation capabilities are still underpowered. Do you not see the approaching storm?"

I directed my attention to the direction she pointed at and exclaimed, "Fecal matter! Ira you are correct! Since our shelters have been destroyed we must find alternative shelter."

Ira looked at her map and stated, "There is a ravine relatively close and in the direction opposite the storm's path, perhaps we can find suitable hospice there."

We proceeded posthaste for the ravine because being trapped outside in a desert storm was more than uncomfortable, it was possibly lethal.

We rode to the ravine and proceeded to traverse the ravine. Our luck returned by our side as there was a cave which should be serviceable shelter and it was large enough to accommodate our motorcycles. I carefully maneuvered into the cave and saw and smelled signs of previous usage.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.