05 Walker - Cover

05 Walker

Copyright© 2011 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 15

Present – Jack – Private Airport – Washington D.C.

I can't fucking believe it! All hell has broken loose! Liz's plane is down, some-fucking-where in the ocean off New York. As they first tell us, I have to catch Masha as she starts to crumple to the floor. Then she surprises the hell out of me as her Russian stoicism kicks in and she says, "Jack, you can not be distracted from managing the rescue operation. Tell me what I can do to assist you?"

I think for a moment and request, "Masha, thanks for the offer. While I'm busy with this, do you think you could please follow-up on the new lead we have on Banzai?"

She smiles, kisses me on the cheek and says, "Certainly my husband. I will make some phone calls."

I momentarily scratch my head and once again wonder about these 'phone calls' she sometimes makes. All I know is when she calls whoever the fuck she calls, things just happen. I decide it's time for me to make some calls of my own to make sure some of my shit happens! I finally get in touch with Linus, relay the news and tell him to get his ass here yesterday. I call Jens' phone and when Matt Combs answers he tells me Jens is passed out. But he promises he'll bring her, a drunk as a skunk Megan and Jim right to the airport. Damn crazy bastards - out terrorizing Gunny's bar while Liz's plane crashes!

I think for a moment or two more and dial up someone I haven't talked to for years. He answers the phone and I begin, "General Donaldson, this is Jack Reynolds."

He answers, "Jack it's good as hell to hear from you but call me Glen because I retired awhile back. So what's going on?"

I tell him all about Liz's plane crash and he promises to call in some favors to help with the rescue.

He asks, "Is Jennifer there? I'd like to talk to her."

I answer, "Sorry Glen, she's not here yet but I will have her call you when she gets here and we get her settled down."

He sounds sad as he reminds me of someone else I should call. I add, "Glen you just reminded me of a great fucking idea - someone who still owes me."

Glen answers, "Glad to help Jack, let us know what's going on and if you need any more help."

I hang up the phone and make the next call to Captain M (it's a long story how he lost rank - thank God it was Banzai's fault and not mine). But that's all behind us now because he was seriously wounded in the sandbox and Banzai pulled his ass out of the 8 ton and saved his life. There aren't too many jobs in the Corps for someone in a wheelchair so I'd heard rumors he'd become some sort of super analyst for the spooks.

He answers the phone with, "Jack Reynolds, it's about fucking time you've called me. After all you've been in DC for weeks."

Damn, he knows every-fucking-thing! I reply cautiously, "Yeah, I've been real busy."

Mike laughs, "Yeah I know you're still trying to find Ben and that you finally figured out he was involved in the recent bus battle."

I respond, "Mike I'd love to pick your brain on that later, but right now there's bigger fish to fry. Liz Morgan's plane was ditched in the ocean somewhere off the coast of New York and I was wondering if you could help?"

He responds quickly, "Jack you should have called me right away. Give me the flight number and I'll get right on it."

I give him the flight number and he explains his plan, "Jack, Liz is a VIP and I'm bringing in a team on this immediately."

I hang up the phone and decide it's time for me to start chewing some ass!

Present – Linus – MASH airplane - Washington DC

I took an un-fucking-believable phone call from Jack! I'm still stunned when I walk back into the C-130 where Maria is working on Thom's leg.

Maria asks me, "Linus, what the hell is wrong! Don't tell me after all our hard work one of the guys died."

I shake my head and answer, "No Maria, but it might be worse. We might have lost everyone on the flight from Tajikistan. Jack just called me and told me their plane went down in the ocean."

Maria expounds, "Linus, you're fucking kidding me!"

Thom suddenly demands, "Who the hell was on the flight?"

I answer them both, "Maria honey, I would never joke about something like this. And Thom, it was Liz Morgan, her cameraman Bernie, her bodyguard Mira and two young girls who were Ben Blaine's adopted sisters."

Maria's eyes start to tear up and she questions, "Linus, do you have any more information."

I answer, "Not much, Jack just found out. Apparently the plane had some sort of problem and they ditched somewhere in the ocean off the coast of New York."

Thom orders, "Maria, patch me up as fast as you can. I want to get over there and help out. I have some friends who might be useful."

I answer, "Well you certainly won't have to go far. They were supposed to land at this airport and Jack is in the main building."

Maria orders, "Linus, I'll finish up with Thom as fast as I can. You get your ass over to the main building and help Jack."

She gets up gives me a big hug and whispers in my ear, "Linus give the fuckers hell and make sure they have everyone and their brother out searching for them."

She swats me on the butt as I leave the C-130 and head towards the main building. How in the hell did this happen?

Present – Matt – Yellow Cab 423 – Washington D.C.

I hang up the phone and now know why the hell Jens dropped the phone, just said 'dead' and passed out. I order the cab driver, "This is a fucking emergency: Get us to the Robinson private airport as soon as possible. If you get any speeding tickets we will pay for them."

The cab roars away from in front of the extended stay hotel and Jim asks, "Matt what the hell is going on, you look like you're going to puke?"

I shake my head and answer, "Jim, Liz's plane went down somewhere in the ocean off the coast of New York."

Jim questions, "Are there any survivors?"

I continue to shake my head and answer, "Jack said they are just gearing up for the rescue and he doesn't know."

I look at Jens and remember what a good friendship she had, I mean has, with Liz. I then realize that with the loss she already feels over Ben, this is going to make things even worse. On top of it all, Jens starts having some sort of fit and is thrashing around like an epileptic fish out of water!

Present – Jens – Dream – Washington D.C.

I'm running like hell, in full combat gear, armed to the teeth and yell, "Maria, move that ass of yours or we will be too late!"

Maria replies, "I'm running as fast as I can."

I decide this is too important to wait for her, so I sprint ahead. I've got to get to that fucking bastard! I can't believe he's doing this. If he goes through with this, I'm going to kill the son-of-a-bitch!

I see the church just ahead and hope I'm not too late! I fly through the door and hear, "I present to you Mrs. Stacy and Mr. Bennie Blaine!" The fucker really married her! It's the little bitch from the fast food restaurant. She's in a beautiful gleaming white (as if the little slut was pure enough to wear white) wedding dress and Ben is sooooo handsome in a black tuxedo. And the bastard Jack is his best man and son-of-a-bitch Masha is her maid of honor! Talk about being stabbed in the back. I thought those two were my friends!

Shit! I'm too fucking late and yell "Nooooooo! You can't marry that skanky little bitch - you promised me!"

I don't even realize what I'm doing as I level my M-4 at the altar and pull the trigger. But it sure as hell feels satisfying when I see Ben's blood splatter her wedding dress - now the color suits her much better.

She looks at me and cries, "You beotch! You just killed my husband!"

I yell, "You fucking little bitch. He promised to marry me first and if I can't have him, no one can have him."

She yells, "You beotch, I'm going to kill you!"

I taunt, "Come and get some you skanky ho!"

We run towards each other and start a huge fight in the middle of the church aisle.

What the hell! Someone's shaking my shoulder...

Present – Matt – Private Airport – Washington D.C.

We arrive at Robinson private airport in record time. Megan is still out of it and Jens stopped flopping around, but is still unconscious. I shake her and her face is masked in anger as she explodes, "The bastard deserved to be killed!"

I look at Jens, wonder what the hell she's talking about and say softly, "Jens? Remember, Liz's plane went down and we're at the airport."

Her expression changes to sadness and she replies, "Sorry Matt, I was having a really bad dream."

I'm not sure about her bad dream, because it sounds like whomever she was dreaming about had a much worse dream than she did - especially after being killed...

Present – Jens – Private Airport – Washington D.C.

I'm still pissed as hell about my terrible nightmare! Ben fricken married Stacy and not me. Wait a fricken minute! How the hell do I know her name is Stacy? Suddenly I realize how! She's that fricken runaway heiress – Stacy Summers. I've seen all the reward ads for her. She's dyed her hair and cut it shorter, but I'm sure it's her! The conniving little bitch, I bet she has something to do with Ben running away and staying away. I can't wait to talk to the team about this. But first dammit - we've got to find Liz and the rest of the people on the plane!

I command, "Jim, bring Megan into the main building and take good care of her. Matt, let's go in and see what's going on."

I bail out of the cab, wobble a little, Matt steadies me and asks, "Jens, are you okay?"

I smile at him and brag, "Hell no, you should know by now I'm not okay, I'm fantastic!"

As we head into the main building, Jack sees me and gives me an evil look! I walk over to him and demand, "What's your problem?"

He waves his hand in front of his face and says, "You! You smell like the bottom of the barrel at a brewery. What the fuck are you doing partying while Liz is dying?"

I get in his face and respond, "Me being here wouldn't have made a bit of difference in her plane going down. Now what have you done to find them?"

He tells me about all the calls he's made and how he's chewed everyone's asses and I say, "Listen Jack, I'm sorry you couldn't get in touch with me. I forgot Megan brought me my phone and it was turned off.

He answers, "Jens I was just worried for you when I couldn't get in touch with you. By the way, I have Masha following up on a lead we have on Ben's location. Plus, I think I know of someone with huge resources who can help us."

I answer, "Jack I really need a cup of coffee and then I want to talk to Masha." I gulp and continue, "I'm pretty sure I know who Ben's traveling with."

We head over to the coffee pot and Masha walks up. She gives me a funny look and asks, "Jennifer, you seem upset at me about something. I hope I have not offended you."

I hug her and say, "Masha I just had a terrible nightmare and it's still bothering me. But I think I have some information that might help in finding Ben. It's just a hunch, but I think he's traveling with Stacy Summers."

She gives me an interesting smile and says, "Jennifer you have just confirmed some information I was able to discover. But we will discuss this more after you find Liz's plane."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.