05 Walker - Cover

05 Walker

Copyright© 2011 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 14

Copyright 2011 Banzai Ben and Amazing Anastasia

Present – Mira – on the plane

I just begin to scold the two girls when all Hades loosens its bond!!!

There is an extreme explosion, the airplane begins to vibrate violently and smoke slowly seeps into the cabin. I fear the fuselage integrity is compromised and there is a fire somewhere on the airplane.

I calmly turn from the girls, traverse immediately to the flight deck and open the door. Warning lights and klaxons are creating a flashing fusillade and cacophony of craziness. I demand, "What in Hades happened and what are your contingency plans?"

I observe the pilot and copilot struggling to stabilize the flight. The pilot answers, "There was an explosion in the baggage compartment and there is a fire. It must have damaged some of the controls because we're having a having a hard time controlling the aircraft."

I question, "What is our location?"

The copilot responds, "We're still over the ocean."

I know because of our great circle route we are coming in over the Eastern Seaboard of the United States so I additionally question, "Is the glide ratio of the damaged airplane sufficient to reach costal United States?"

The pilot grimly declares, "We're having a hard enough time keeping this bird in the sky, let alone trying to make land and safely touch-down. I'm planning on ditching in the ocean as close to the coast as possible."

I respond, "I will traverse to the aft cabin and assure that everyone is prepared for the water landing. What else may I do to help?"

The copilot asks, "Can you pray or are you lucky?"

I calmly answer, "I am both."

The pilot orders, "Then go aft, get everyone ready, strap in, start praying and rubbing your lucky rabbit's foot. We're going to need all the help we can get."

I am not sure what the 'lucky rabbit's foot' comment means so I ignore it. I close the flight deck door, traverse aft and see that everyone looks and acts like confused chickens with detached cranial cavities. I yell in my command voice, "Acquire your seats and intently incline your auditory senses to my announcement." I wait for them to settle and inform them, "The flight crew has informed me they can no longer control this aircraft and will make an emergency water landing."

Everyone immediately begins babbling again so I command, "Shut the Hades up and open your auditory senses! We have excellent odds of surviving this if we remain sensible and act in an orderly fashion. Liz and Bernie, please calmly and carefully acquire personal flotation devices for everyone."

I notice Ben's sisters are extremely agitated and I continue, "While you acquire the personal floatation devices, I will instruct the two girls on the procedure."

Present – Liz – on the plane

What a fucked up day! First Ira dies and now something's happened to the plane. Dammit! We pay good money for these planes so something like this isn't supposed to happen. Thank God Mira's here because she calmly takes charge and requests of us, "Please calmly and carefully acquire personal flotation devices for everyone."

I pull the emergency card out of the seatback in front of me and read that the PFD's are located under each seat then I check the directions on how to wear them. I notice Bernie is doing the same thing. I reach under my seat, pull out my PFD and strap it on.

I stand up, turn around, see Mira talking to the girls and also notice Alexi is out of his seat looking for something."

I say, "Bernie, while Mira's busy taking care of the girls, I'm going to go check on Alexi."

Bernie replies, "I'm coming with you Liz."

We walk to the back of the plane and I ask, "Alexi, what are you looking for?"

He pulls a cylindrical container out of an overhead compartment, smiles and says, "Ms. Morgan, I needed to find this container. Now that I have found it I will retire to my seat."

I question, "Alexi, what is so important about that cylinder?"

He answers, "Sorry Ms. Morgan, I do not know what it contains; just that it is very important to my sister Mira and she would not want to exit the airplane without it."

I take a PFD from under his seat, help him put it on correctly, sit on the seat beside him and explain, "Well Alexi, that can't be loose on the plane. If we crash it could injure someone."

He smiles at me and replies, "Ms. Morgan, you mean when we crash. I will restrain it with a seatbelt."

I watch and then help him belt in the cylinder; Bernie yanks on it a couple times and says, "Liz, I think it will be safe here."

I say, "Alexi, when we crash you need to put your head in your lap like this." I bend at the waist and demonstrate.

He mimics me and announces, "Thank you Ms. Morgan for the reminder. I read the emergency card when the catastrophe occurred."

I ask, "Is there anything else that you need?"

He says, "Thank you Ms. Morgan but I already have the container and have also prepared a bag for Mira and myself with some water and food so I do not think further help is required. However you might get a bag ready with food and water for yourselves and the annoying girls. We should also acquire some medical supplies for an emergency."

I squeeze his hand and say, "Alexi, you're right. I do need to get a bag ready for us and for the girls. You just call if you need anything."

I head towards the front with Bernie and ask, "Bernie, does he seem too calm to you?"

Bernie replies, "Liz, it's spooky how calm Mira and Alexi are. Perhaps it runs in their family."

We arrive up front and begin to prepare our ration bags and grab a first aid kit...

Present – Yasmeen and Zarika – on the plane

Yasmeen

The last mean lady just starts to scold us, then there is a loud noise which hurts my ears and the airplane bounces around and almost makes me sick. The mean lady leaves so I look at Zarika and ask, "Zarika, what is happening?"

She replies, "Yasmeen, I think someone attacked the airplane like when our Ben attacked the helicopter."

I remember how the helicopter crashed, become scared and say, "Do you think we will crash like the helicopter?"

Zarika answers, "Yasmeen, I do not know anything about airplanes other than stories of some terrible crashes I saw on the news."

I start to cry and complain, "Zarika, I do not want to die."

She starts pulling on her metal restraint and yells - I do the same...

Zarika

The mean lady finally comes back over and says, "Girls you must listen to me."

Yasmeen yanks on her metal restraint and cries, "I do not want to die!"

I yank on my wrist and order, "Let us go you, you, suka!"

The mean lady slaps me so hard and fast I do not even see it coming and says, "Listen you two! We will not die if you follow my instructions exactly. However if you deviate from them you will surely die. Do you understand?"

I nod my head and Yasmeen says, "Yes dear lady, please save us."

The mean lady continues, "We will be landing on the water which will be much safer than attempting a landing on the ground."

Yasmeen screams like a baby and interrupts, "But I cannot swim."

I add, "I also cannot swim."

The mean lady grins and says, "You will both wear flotation vests which will keep you from having to swim and we will also have boats composed of rubber to keep us out of the water. Now do not interrupt me again."

I watch as she takes a floatation vest from under my seat, helps me put it on and then says, "You inflate the vest by pulling on the tabs and normally it is not done until you exit the airplane. However since neither of you can swim, you may inflate your vests when we stop moving after hitting the water. Just be careful you do not puncture the vest."

She then turns and helps Yasmeen. She then hands each of us and extra vest and orders, "Hold these in case you puncture the vest you are wearing."

She sits beside me and then says, "Before we crash you must bend over like this or your back and neck might become damaged." Both Yasmeen and I practice bending down.

The mean lady finally instructs us, "I am going to remove your restraints but you need to remain in your seats and obey all my directions. Will you be able to perform these acts as I have instructed?"

I say, "Yes, I will." Yasmeen also agrees.

The mean lady removes the metal restraints and says, "I need to go take care of Alexi. Now remember to maintain your promises."

As she leaves, I look at Yasmeen and say, "Yasmeen, this is not a time to be silly. For right now we need to obey completely."

Yasmeen sniffles, sits beside me, holds my hand and whines, "Zarika I am very scared of the water."

I pretend to be brave and say, "Yasmeen, I will help to keep you safe." However I wonder who will keep me safe...

Present – Mira – on the plane

I temporarily debate with myself about leaving the two girls restrained to the sinking airplane, but I can not because I know of my Ben's feelings towards them.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.