05 Walker - Cover

05 Walker

Copyright© 2011 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 9

Present – Liz – on the plane

My phone rings and I hoped it was Megan but I am not happy when I see it's just Jack. I answer the phone and Jack says, "Liz, I've tried to get in touch with Megan, Jens, Maria and Linus and can't get in touch with any of them. I even called the bar where Jens and Megan went but they'd already been thrown out of there."

I interrupt him with the full brunt of my irritation, "Jack, then what the hell am I supposed to do with these two little bitches when we touch down in an hour! Mira is in no shape to handle them and I sure as hell don't speak enough Russian to be of any use."

He tries to comfort me with, "Liz, I'm not going to leave you high and dry. Masha and I will be at the airport to help."

That helps to know I'm not alone and then he makes me happy when he sings the praises of Samantha and the Truth Network news team. I also wonder what sort of event she reported on that made Jack so happy - he never did say.

I apologize, "Jack thanks for everything and sorry I've been a bitch, but losing Ira has me all torn up inside. I don't know what to do to help Mira and I'm worried about her."

Jack replies, "Liz I know Mira pretty well and you're right to worry about her. You need to help her to focus on the things she has, like her brother and not on what she's lost. Hey, the limo is here with Masha so we'll meet you at the airport."

He hangs up the phone and if he was here I'd give him a big kiss! He's absolutely right: I need to make sure Mira concentrates on Alexi to keep her mind off losing Ira. It bothers me that Megan is missing, but ... fuck her! She knew when I was coming in and that I expected her to help. Besides Jack's advice is just as good as hers and it didn't cost me a dime.

All my shouting has awakened the two little bitches, and they immediately start to whine. I want to knock their asses out because now they have awakened Mira and Alexi. Shit! Now I not only have the whiney bitches to deal with, I have Mira and Alexi who need help.

I ignore the two bitches and head back to Mira and Alexi...

Present – Mira and Alexi – on the plane

The adulterated beverage which I gave Yasmeen and Zarika has been metabolized and they have started with their infernal, incessant, cacophony of caterwauling! I did not mind that it woke me up, but it also disturbed Alexi and now I am maximally miffed and must confront them!

Ira and I had girded ourselves for the possible demise of either one of us. While it was extremely difficult for me, the time for grieving is over and I must now consume myself with my responsibilities. Because my new brother will not have been prepared properly for the circumstances, I need to take excellent care of him and begin to prepare my body to accept Ira's last and most wonderful gift for me: My L.Cpl. Blaine's only children. Perhaps if I can concoct some way to inform him that the child I will bear is really his, he might reconsider his engagement and possible marriage to Ms. Donaldson. I really should have eliminated her years ago when she was less experienced; now she is a formidable opponent.

Alexi begins to show his distress from the antics of the evil girls so I kiss him on the cheek and say, "Alexi, we must be strong in Ira's memory. When you are less stressed, I will tell you of an excellent last gift she has provided for me which will bless both of us. Did you perchance determine what Ira told the girls to ensure their obedience?"

He smiles sadly at me and relates, "Mira, even though I only knew Ira a short time there is a hole in my heart for her that will take many years to heal. I cannot wait to find out about this gift but I know you will tell me when the time is right." Then he grins and adds, "Ira told the girls she would throw them off the plane if they did not act correctly."

I hug him and inform him, "We need to get ready to exit the airplane. I will proceed to reinforce Ira's threats to the girls but I will return post haste."

I walk toward the front of the plane. Ms. Morgan meets me before I reach the evil 'sisters', gives me a sad, puzzled look and asks...

Present – Liz – on the plane

I can't believe Mira is up and moving around but doesn't seem nearly as distressed as I thought she would be. She walks toward me and I ask, "Mira are you okay?"

With a blank look on her face she replies, "Ms. Morgan you should perceive by now I am not 'okay', I am fantastic. I sense you wish to converse about my sister Ira's demise and I will be right back to discuss this matter with you. However first I must deal with Mr. Blaine's silly 'sisters'."

I watch as she walks up and scolds the two little bitches in Russian; I recognize Mira saying samolyet – the Russian word for airplane. Whatever she says, the two bitches shut the hell up right away and stop pulling on their handcuffs.

She returns to me, takes my hand and offers, "Come Ms. Morgan, we will discuss your concerns simultaneously with Alexi so we do not squander excessive time."

We reach the bed and sit down on each side of Alexi. Mira takes Alexi's hand and gets ready to talk but I interrupt, "Mira what did you say to the two evil bit ... I mean the two girls."

Mira finally smiles and says, "Ms. Morgan you may use invectives in front of Alexi since he is mature enough to understand that sometimes a well-placed swear word is the appropriate term for the situation at hand. I simply used one of the many gifts my expired sister left, and told the two girls if they continued to behave poorly I would discharge them from the airplane."

Alexi added, "Yes Ms. Morgan those annoying female children are so naïve they have no concept of explosive decompression so the threat works with them."

I look at both of them but things just don't seem quite right. I mean Alexi looks pretty upset and is hiding it well - trying to be strong. But, Mira seems at peace. In confusion I ask, "Mira just a couple hours ago you were deep in despair about Ira's death and now, even though you seem sad, you seem almost..."

Mira interrupts, "Yes, Ms. Morgan, I appear to be very close to my normal self and you must have concerns I am living on the largest river in Egypt (De Nile – denial). Do not concern yourself with my or Alexi's psychological wellbeing. We both will always have an enormous cavity in our hearts which only our sister Ira could fill. My brother will have more immediate problems than me because Ira and I had prepared each other for this circumstance ever since we were children; but Alexi is being strong to honor the memory our expired sister."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.