Nathan and Iris
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2011 by Unca D

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 4 - Nathan is in his mid-twenties and is a free spirit who enjoys 80's pop music and assuming Goth dress. One day on a light rail train he witnesses a woman and her littler girl become separated. He steps in to help, only to be mistaken for a child abductor. This sets in motion a series of events in which Nathan finds himself more and more deeply involved with Iris, the child's single mother. Can a non-conforming twenty-something find happiness in the company of a middle-aged woman?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Oral Sex   Slow  

Nathan stepped into his lab. He hung his black coat and hat on a hook, set down his stick and sat at his desk. It was Tuesday. Iris hadn't called. He knew she had his work and cell phone numbers, and he realized that he had never asked her for hers.

He turned to his computer and searched for the city's public school system. Up came the school district's website. Elementary schools, middle schools ... high schools. He clicked on the link for high schools. Geez, how many high schools does this city need? He began running down the list, clicking on links. When he clicked the link for Pliny High, the page that returned showed an image of a classroom. The teacher was conferring with a woman he recognized as Iris.

Nathan picked up the handset of his desk phone and dialed the main number. Pliny High, office.

"Hello. Is Doctor Longfield in?"

Just a moment. The call switched to hold music and Nathan drummed his fingers on his desk. Principal's office. He recognized her voice.

"Iris -- it's Nathan."

Nathan ... Hold on. The line again went to hold music. Nathan ... I wanted to take the call in my office.

"Iris -- are you all right?"

Of course I'm all right.

"You didn't call."

Oh, Nathan. I didn't call because I'm so humiliated over my behavior the other night. Now I understand the meaning of the word, shame.

"It wasn't so bad," he replied. "You underestimated the strength of those drinks, that's all."

No, that's not all. I was behaving very foolishly. I wasn't acting my age. I was acting like ... like a bubble-headed kid fresh from college.

"I'm a bubble-headed kid fresh from college," he replied. "There's nothing wrong with that."

There is when you're supposed to be old enough to know better. I'm supposed to be a grown-up, not a kid.

"Here's something my dad told me. Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I think it's great you've kept your sense of fun. You just got carried away."

You were the responsible one.

"That's only because I've suffered a few benders like the one you went on that night. I've learned my lesson."

One I, obviously, haven't ... or forgot.

"Iris -- no need to beat yourself up. We were having a great time. You have to admit that."

Yes ... I was enjoying myself. A little too much. God, I feel so foolish, now.

"You deserved a good time, Iris. You deserved to take it to the limit. You went beyond the limit a bit -- that's all. It's nothing to be ashamed of."

Oh, Nathan ... You're just trying to make me feel better.

"I am trying to make you feel better because you have nothing to feel badly about. But -- that's not why I called. I called because I was hoping I could see you again."

There was a long pause. You want to see me again?

"Of course I do. I like you, Iris. I like being with the people I like. I was wondering if you'd like to go back to the club. This Thursday the theme is fifties and sixties doo-wop."

Oh, Nathan ... I don't think I can show my face there again for ... ever.

"That's nonsense."

Besides, doo-wop isn't my thing. Is it yours?

"Yeah -- I don't recall seeing any discs by the Platters or the Flamingoes in your collection. I like anything so long as it's well done."

And, Katie won't be visiting her dad. That was the one silver lining in all this -- she was spared seeing me disgrace myself.

"Maybe we can do something that includes Katie."

I think you and I should be hanging out with people our own ages, Nathan.

"I've tried finding someone my age and haven't had much luck. Remember, I refuse to prostitute my ideals."

I know. It's tough finding a guy my age, too ... I think you are a very nice young man, Nathan. You will make some woman happy some day.

"The girls my age are so shallow. Weren't we making each other happy the other night?"

I admit I was having a good time. Too good a time.

"No such thing as too much of a good thing. Iris -- I'd love to see Katie again. I think we get along."

That's a fact. You relate well with her.

"Besides -- I want to borrow a few more CDs from you."

Well, in that case...

"I would've taken some the other night but I was distracted."

Katie and I were planning on going to the zoo on Sunday. You're welcome to come along. Afterward we could go somewhere like The Palace for dinner. I'm afraid when it comes to preparing company-worthy meals, I'm a one-trick pony.

"I'd love to go to the zoo with you and Katie. Your lasagna definitely is company-worthy. The Palace is good, too. What time on Sunday?"

I have some errands to run in the morning. Maybe if you come around noon or so.

"Okay, Iris. See you then. Maybe you'll share your phone numbers with me so we don't have to keep meeting this way."

I'll give them to you now. Do you have a pen ready?

"I have my cell phone ready. Go ahead." Iris recited the numbers and he keyed them into his cell phone address book. "Got 'em. See you Sunday."


Nathan strolled down Elderberry. He looked up at the heavy overcast and was thankful he had exchanged his walking stick for an umbrella. He reached Iris's bungalow and rang the bell. The door opened. "Why, hello Katie."

Katie's eyes brightened. "Hi Nathan."

"Where's your mom?"

"In the bathroom."

Nathan walked in and set down his hat and umbrella. Iris emerged from the bathroom wearing jeans and a short-sleeved top and working lotion into her hands. "The zoo is looking iffy," she said.

"Yeah, it's threatening to rain," he replied.

"I saw the forecast. It's a matter of when, not if I'm afraid."

"When I was little and weather kept us from going to the zoo," Nathan replied, "we used to go to the museum instead."

"The Natural History Museum?"

"That's the one."

"Mommy!" Katie exclaimed. "They have that exhibit on vampires. I saw a commercial for it on TV. Can we go see it? Please?"

Iris rolled her eyes. "She's still with the vampire bit. It seems everyone's trying to capitalize on the popularity of the Twilight films. Now the Natural History Museum is in on the act." She looked toward Nathan. "What do you think?"

"I like the museum. There's more there than just vampires."

"All right, let's go to the museum. Katie -- go to the bathroom and get your raincoat."

"Okay..."

Iris approached Nathan. "I want to apologize in person for what happened last week," she said.

"Iris, you are forgiven and it is forgotten. I had a great time with you last week."

"Right. Watching me vomit must've been the highlight of your evening."

"I'm beyond it. You need to get beyond it. If I had bad feelings about you, I wouldn't have called you and I wouldn't be here. Okay?"

"Okay..." Katie bounded toward them in her raincoat. "Are we ready?" Iris asked. "Then, let's go."

Nathan carried his hat and umbrella to Iris's van. She opened the sliding door and Katie climbed into her booster seat. "Isn't she a little big for a car seat?" Nathan asked.

"She needs to be a bit taller and a bit heavier before we can dispense with it."

"It won't be too long."

Iris backed the van onto the street and headed toward downtown. Raindrops began hitting the windshield and she activated the wipers. "Here it comes," she said.

Nathan watched the wipers sweeping across the windshield. The smell of damp pavement infiltrated the car. "Well, we needed the rain," Iris remarked. "The lawn was beginning to look a bit dry."

She drove into a parking garage adjacent to the museum, found a vacant stall and parked. "I think there's a way in without going out in the rain," Nathan remarked. "I seem to remember it from as a kid." He scanned the structure. "Over there."

Iris and Katie accompanied him into the museum. He checked his hat, coat and umbrella and stepped to the ticket counter. "Two adults and one eight-year-old," he said.

"Twenty-six dollars," the clerk said.

"Is there a fee for the vampire exhibit?"

"It's included."

Nathan handed her two twenties and she handed him back change, a building guide and three wristbands. He approached Iris and Katie, who were looking at a poster describing the vampire exhibit. "Here," he said.

"Oh, Nathan -- you didn't have to pay for us, too."

"My treat." He knelt and began helping Katie attach the adhesive band to her wrist. "Looks like it needs to go around a couple of times," he remarked.

"Why do we need to wear these?" she asked.

"So the staff knows we've paid our admission."

"Where are the vampires?"

"Gottke Hall," Iris said, reading from a poster.

"That's on the third floor," Nathan replied. "Aren't you interested in seeing the dinosaurs on the first floor? I always liked the dioramas."

"Vampires!" Katie replied.

"We'll go to the vampires first and then we'll look at the dioramas," Iris replied. "The elevator is this way..."


Nathan knelt beside Katie. "This part is about the man who was the inspiration for Dracula. Do you know who Dracula is?"

"Who?"

"He was the first modern vampire. Bram Stoker wrote the book in the late nineteenth century. The legend of Dracula is based on Vlad the Impaler, who ruled in what's now Romania. Do you know why he was called the Impaler?"

"Why?"

"Because he did in his enemies by driving sharp poles through their bodies."

Katie winced. "Why would he do that?"

"He was not a nice man." He pointed to items in the case. "Here are some artifacts from that time and place ... and here's how he became associated with the name Dracula ... which derives from dragon."

"This is all very interesting," Iris remarked. "They have a section on the various film vampires ... from 'Nosferatu' all the way up to the Twilight series."

"And, another section on the origins of the vampire myths, steeped in beliefs in demons, witchcraft and black magic."

"It was a good idea, coming here. Don't you think so, Katie?"

"Yes!"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.