Loose Cannons - Cover

Loose Cannons

Copyright© 2011 by Lazlo Zalezac

Chapter 3

Selena Summit and Guy Gasser rode together in the back of a patrol car to her apartment. For the most part it was a quiet ride. They were both feeling a little woozy from the drink.

“Are you sure about me staying at your place for the night?” Guy asked.

“I’m sure,” Selena answered.

She had almost forgotten that she had invited him to stay at her apartment with her. She wasn’t looking forward to the scene that was sure to happen when they arrived at the apartment. Mike, if he stayed in character, was going to act like a complete jerk while denying everything. Even when caught, he had denied having sex with Penny even though his cock was still inside the woman.

“It’s going to be bad,” Selena said.

“What’s going to be bad, Ma’am?” the officer riding shotgun asked.

“Getting my cheating ex-boyfriend out of the apartment,” Selena answered.

“Whose name is on the lease?”

“Mine,” Selena answered.

“We can talk to him,” the officer driving the car said.

The officer riding shotgun said, “It’s best to let us deal with this situation.”

“Fine.”

The officer riding shotgun said, “You guys really did a number on those suspects.”

“Kicked the shit out of them,” Guy said.

“That might be the case, but you should have just hung back and let us handle it,” the officer driving the car said. “We’re professionals. You could have been seriously injured ... maybe even killed.”

“You weren’t there,” Guy said pointing out the obvious flaw in letting the professionals handle it.

“Still...”

Guy said, “Besides, I really enjoyed it. I mean ... a legal chance to beat the shit out of someone. You don’t get those kinds of opportunities every day.”

“I’ve got to admit, I felt a lot better afterwards,” Selena said.

The two officers exchanged glances. They had watched the tape of their attack on the two suspects. A few of the police had remarked that usually it was a tape of police beating a suspect that showed up on the television. They joked how the tables would be turned if this tape showed up on television. A few wondered if there would be the kind of outrage that would show up if police were involved with a situation like that.

“The four of you nearly crossed the line. If they had dropped their weapons, you would have been in serious trouble.”

Guy decided that not talking further was probably a pretty good idea. Selena was of a similar mindset and, taking the opportunity to change the subject, she said, “I’ll take you up on your offer to chase off my ex-boyfriend.”

“Not that it is any of my business, but why’s he your ex?” the officer riding shotgun asked.

“I caught him fucking my best friend,” Selena answered bluntly.

“That’s rough,” the driver said.

He wasn’t going to say that a big woman like her should be happy with any man interested in her, even if the fellow didn’t have the best character. Considering her appearance, he felt that beggars couldn’t be choosers. It might have been a chauvinistic attitude, but there were a lot of men who thought the same way.

The rest of the trip was made in silence. Guy was thinking about his cheating wife while Selena was thinking about her cheating boyfriend. Their thoughts were depressing them.

When they arrived at the apartment, the officer riding shotgun said, “You two wait here until we get the boyfriend out.”

“Okay,” Guy said.

“Fine,” Selena said.

While the police were dealing with the ex-boyfriend, Guy said, “Are you sure about having me stay the night?”

“I’m sure. Just don’t get your diseased dick near me,” Selena said.

Guy said, “I’ll be good.”

“That’s the story of my life,” Selena said in disgust. “Men seem to find it pretty easy to be good around me.”

“Don’t say things like that. You know it’s not true,” Guy said.

“Fat lot you know,” Selena said.

The police were at the door of the apartment waiting for Mike to finish packing. He had been a little belligerent and couldn’t believe that Selena would call the cops to have him leave. He threw a little tantrum in which he tossed a bunch of the video tapes and CDs on the floor. They made a point of discussing the events at the bar where Mike could overhear their discussion. They figured that the story might make the man reconsider returning to the apartment after they left.

Guy asked, “How are you feeling?”

“I’m pretty wasted,” Selena answered. “I’ll probably be sick all night.”

“Have you got a plastic trashcan?” Guy asked.

“A little one,” Selena answered. “Why?”

“I figure I’ll use the trashcan so you can have the bathroom,” Guy said. “That booze isn’t sitting too well in my stomach.”

“We shouldn’t have had that last round of drinks,” Selena said.

“It seemed like a good idea at the time,” Guy said.

One of the cops opened the car door and said, “You can go in now.”

“Thanks,” Selena said.

“Thank you,” Guy said.

Guy followed Selena into the apartment feeling a little guilty about imposing on her like this. He just knew that if he went home that he’d probably end up in jail.

Selena gestured around the place. The video tapes and Cds that were scattered around on the floor were the result of Mike. She said, “This is home sweet home. I apologize for the mess. I guess Mike wasn’t too happy about being asked to leave.”

“I understand,” Guy said.

It was a pretty nice apartment considering the neighborhood. Even though he wasn’t in the habit of noticing things like that, he did observe that everything was dust free and the nicknacks were neatly placed. She had quality stuff in it although it was a little messed up as a result of the Mike’s final tantrum.

Guy knelt down to pick up the tapes and Cds. He figured that he should give a helping hand. It seemed to him that she had pretty good taste in films and music. Sure there were a few chick flicks in there, but that was to be expected. He noticed a number of sci-fi films.

Selena started to empty her purse. She pulled out the book and set it on the table. It was a little light reading to help pass lunch time.

Guy glanced over at the book and recognized the title. He said, “Science Fiction?”

“I love the stuff,” Selena answered.

“I do too,” Guy said.

Selena pulled out the thermos from her purse. It rattled. She said, “Damn. I must have broken my thermos when I hit that asshole with my purse.”

“Well, get a new one tomorrow,” Guy said.

“I’ve got to work,” Selena said.

Guy said, “I won’t be going in to work tomorrow. I’ll call in sick and then head over to the lawyers.”

Selena removed the two cans of cat food from her purse.

Guy asked, “You’ve got a cat?”

“Not really,” Selena said, “I leave the window open a bit so that one of the local strays can come and go. It isn’t really mine, but I feed it.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.