April's Gift
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2011, 2018 by the author. All rights reserved.

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Ron meets April, an unpaid live-in nanny for her greedy brother's daughter, at a family picnic. Despite a mutual attraction, she is on the rebound and initially brushes him off. Eventually they date and become lovers. Ron finds she knows things about him she shouldn't. She admits to being an empath who can sense his emotions and this ability has wrecked her prior relationships. Loving her deeply, Ron commits to accomodating her psychic powers and to freeing her from her brother's thrall.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Paranormal   Oral Sex   Squirting  

Ron watched from his town-house living room as April’s blue Festiva pulled into a parking stall. He heard the doorbell and answered it.

April regarded his dress shirt and tie. “I thought Farley’s was informal,” she remarked. “Why the tie?”

“Farley’s tap room is informal but I made reservations for their Velvet Room. It’s a bit more refined.”

“Do I look okay?” she asked.

He scanned her from head to toe. She wore a sleeveless, black, A-line dress that came above her knees and open-toed shoes with medium heels. “You look sensational,” he replied. “I do have bad news. My car broke its serpentine belt today and went to the shop on the hook. If you don’t mind driving...”

“Not at all,” she replied.

“Do you know how to get to Farley’s?”

“I think so. I’m not sure where to park.”

“I usually park in the garage near the Westmar building. It’s a bit of a walk but it’s the surest bet -- and it’s free after six.”

Ron headed outside to April’s Festiva. “Put Mattie’s car seat in the back,” she said.

“I didn’t think kids should be riding in front.”

“This car doesn’t have a passenger airbag,” she replied. “And, it’s a two-door, so getting her in and out of the back seat is a real pain.”

Ron flipped the seat forward, set the car seat in back and flipped it back again. “Do you have enough legroom?” she asked him. “If not, slide the seat back.”

He reached beneath, tripped the latch and pushed the seat back. “This is better...” He fastened his belt.

April started her engine and backed out of the parking space. She turned onto a boulevard that led towards downtown. Ron scanned the overcast sky. “Looks like it might rain,” he remarked.

“It has been muggy today.”

“How are you doing with the new phone?” he asked.

“I like it very much. I keep figuring out more things to do with it. The other day I downloaded a game for Mattie. To think I was ready to trash it for a stupid flip phone. And, I would’ve, too -- if it hadn’t been for your help.”

“I’m delighted to have been of service.”

The tall buildings, dominated by the thirty-story Westmar tower began to loom closer. Ron regarded the interior of the Festiva. “You keep your car clean,” he remarked. “Mine’s a mess.”

“Mattie helped me wash it today. It would be just my luck to get rained on.”

They approached an intersection. “Turn right here,” Ron advised. “The parking garage is mid-block.”

“Okay...” She turned into the structure. The gate on the ticket dispenser was up and locked. She drove under it and found an empty stall. “There’s an umbrella in my glove compartment,” she said. “I’ll put it in my bag to scare away the rain.”

Ron handed it to her. “Follow me,” he said and led her onto the sidewalk.

It was about a five-block walk to Farley’s. He held the door for her and they stepped into the taproom. To the side of the bar was a doorway attended by a hostess. “Reservations for Quick,” Ron said and the hostess led them upstairs to a table in the Velvet Room.

“This is elegant,” April remarked. “I’ve never been up here.”

“You can get sandwiches and pub meals all day in the tap room. This room is only open for evening dining.”

April scanned the dining room. “Look -- they’re wearing cocktail dresses.”

“You look sensational, April.”

“Thanks -- I wish I had worn a necklace, though.” She opened her menu. “Ron -- there are no prices.”

“It’s a tradition here. The ladies’ menus don’t have prices.”

“Why not?”

“So your choices aren’t swayed by the price. If the lady wants the lobster -- she orders the lobster with no guilt. Want to trade menus?”

“Okay...” Each handed the other their menu. “Ron -- this place is so expensive!”

“I don’t dine out often but when I do I like to do it with class,” he replied. “We won’t be ordering wine so we might as well splurge on food.” He pointed to the center of the menu. “Their four-course, prix fixe dinners are their specialty. You get your choice of entree and dessert so we can sample each other’s.”

“Seventy-five dollars for a dinner? Ron -- I’ll have to help pay for this.”

“No you won’t. This is my treat, and that is exactly why the ladies’ menus have no prices. I make a good living at what I do. I enjoy this place, and I enjoy it even more when I can share it with someone.” He picked up his water glass and held it toward her. She picked up hers and they clinked rims. “Skumps!”


April returned to their table from the ladies’ room. “I’m all set,” she said.

Ron signed his credit card slip and placed it into the check folder. “Then, let’s go.”

She pressed her hand against her abdomen. “I have never had a dinner like that. It was all really good, Ron. Thank you.”

“It really was my pleasure.” He nodded an acknowledgment to the hostess and headed through the taproom to the street.

“It’s so dark out,” she remarked. “How late is it?”

Ron consulted his watch. “About nine-thirty. The overcast makes it look darker than it is.” He brushed his hand against hers. She accepted his invitation and they held hands.

“I never realized how deserted this part of town is after dark,” April remarked. Ron felt he grip his forearm. “I have a bad feeling,” she whispered.

“What sort of feeling?”

“Like we’re being followed.” Ron turned his head. “Don’t look back!” She gestured toward the door of a CVS shop open ‘til midnight. “Let’s duck into here ‘til the coast is clear.”

They entered the brightly lit shop. “Well,” he remarked, “do you need any personal-care items or a prescription filled?” He regarded her face. “Calm down.”

“I can’t...”

He strolled the aisles. “Need any shampoo or soap? Toothpaste?”

“No...”

“April -- you’re shaking!”

“I can’t help it -- I can’t get rid of the feeling of dread.”

“It’s your imagination...” He heard sirens on the street and headed toward the door. Through the glass he saw squad cars and an ambulance.

“Is that my imagination?” she asked.

“I wonder what’s up?”

Shortly a policeman entered the store. “Folks,” he announced, “there’s been a shooting up the block. We want everyone to stay inside for the time being.”

Ron approached the cop. “A shooting?”

“Yeah -- holdup went wrong we think.” The officer glanced toward April. “What’s with her?”

“We were walking from Farley’s to the parking garage. April thought we were being followed so we ducked in here.”

“You see anything?”

Ron shook his head. “No ... we didn’t see anything or anyone.”

The officer’s radio crackled and he replied. “We’re all clear,” he said. “No sign of ‘em.”

“Please,” April said, “I don’t want to go out there.”

“Where are you parked?” the officer asked.

“Garage next to Westmar.”

“I’ll give you a lift.” Ron and April followed him to the squad car and sat in back. The officer headed down the block and pulled into the parking garage.

“Blue car over there,” Ron said, pointing.

“Okay, folks.” He opened the back door for them and handed Ron a card. “If you remember anything, please call.”

“We will.” He watched the squad car turn around and head out of the structure.

“Ron -- I’m in no shape to drive. You’ll have to.” April opened her bag and handed him her keys.

“Okay...” He squeezed behind her wheel, started the motor and backed out of the parking stall.

Ron drove toward the boulevard and the condominium complex that held his townhouse. He reached for a knob on the dashboard. “Let’s see if we can get any news...”

“The radio doesn’t work,” April replied.

“Use your phone -- bring up the Breaking News Ten website. See if there’s anything...”

April took the device from her bag and manipulated it. “It’s not working ... no, I’m just too distracted ... There ... assault on Grand Avenue ... victim in hospital with life-threatening injuries ... girlfriend called 911 ... holdup gone wrong. Oh, God, Ron ... it could’ve been us!”

“But it wasn’t us.”

“I can’t imagine what it would be like to face that situation ... the terror...”

“Is there anything we could’ve done to prevent it? Anything that wouldn’t have put us in harm’s way?”

“No...”

“Face it -- these things happen all the time. We just happened to be nearby.” He pulled into his carport. “Still have the shakes?”

April nodded. “Still pretty bad...”

“I’d offer you a nightcap ... if I had any to offer. What do you have before bed to calm down?”

“Hot chocolate.”

“Hot chocolate? In July? Come in, I’ll make some.”

Ron poured milk into a pan and set it on a burner. He watched April pace his kitchen, holding her hands to her mouth. “I have some Mexican hot chocolate -- it comes as these big pellets. A quarter of a pellet makes one serving.”

The milk came up to temp so he dropped in half a pellet and stirred. “Here,” he said pouring the contents of the pan into a couple of mugs. “Skumps.”

She tapped the rim of her mug to his. “Skumps.”

“Feeling a little better?”

“A little,” she said and sipped from her mug. “This is very nice. It has some spice ... I taste cinnamon.”

“April -- I had a really good time at dinner. Let’s not let what happened afterward spoil it ... okay?”

“Okay ... I had a really good time, too. You were attentive and interesting ... I really did enjoy myself.”

“I’m glad,” he said. April drained her mug. “I’ll take that.” He set both empty mugs on his counter, and then turned to face her. “Are you okay, now?”

“I think so.”

“Good. Thanks for coming tonight.”

“Thanks for inviting me.”

“Shall we do it again sometime?”

“I’d like that.”

“So would I.” Ron leaned toward her and kissed her nose.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.