A Promise
Chapter 22

Copyright© 2010 by Telephoneman

It is just a few hours until I meet my bride at the altar and I can't wait. The long and apparently essential delay between engagement and wedding has been almost eighteen months. It has been a period of intense happiness for me and I believe, Natasha. We had some disagreements over the months but decidedly few and all minor. I simply love her and soon will be able to call her my wife. Mrs. Natasha Powell, who'd have believed it just a couple of years ago. Not me for sure.

Natasha has taken Mr. Kopolova's original company on in leaps and bounds and apart from board meetings, her father no longer involves himself. Petra's role has changed as she no longer needs act as a buffer. Natasha is now all charm at work and everyone loves her. At least that is what she tells me. The truth is that she is a very capable businesswoman who is very much an iron fist in a velvet glove. Loved? I don't think so, but who loves their boss. She is however respected and that counts for a lot more in my book.

She is also more beautiful than ever. Whether that is because she's matured or happy, I don't know ... or care. She still turns heads but it no longer goes to hers.

Mr. Kopolova has a lot more active role in the new company. We have yet to make a taxable profit, but that has a lot to do with the prosthetic research department that was soon added, although my inexperience was no doubt a factor too. Mr. Kopolova seems happy with our progress so I have to be too.

Tamsin seems a lot happier in her new position and the extra money has allowed her and Tommy to purchase a newer house that is a lot more wheelchair friendly. Neither of us have ever mentioned Vee again. She was also the first beneficiary of our new range of lighter more manoeuvrable chairs.

I haven't seen or heard from Lyn, which is fine, albeit I do miss little Sarah. She has made me long for fatherhood. Hopefully that will happen soon as Natasha is equally keen. I still ponder over all the what ifs regarding Lyn but couldn't imagine my being any happier.

Petra seems to be making up for lost time on the dating front; so far its seven women and two men although neither man lasted very long. She appears to be genuinely happy so all the best to her. She and Natasha are as close as ever, the relationship actually appears improved, due to having a more equal footing. She is the only other woman allowed to kiss me, and takes the opportunity whenever she can, especially if my fiancée is present. I try not to complain too much.

That's it. Time to get ready and pop down to the church and meet the soon to be Mrs. Powell.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.