A Privileged Life - Cover

A Privileged Life

Copyright© 2010 by Coaster2

Chapter 5: The Good Life

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 5: The Good Life - Young Trevor had a lot to learn about life and love. While he was born into relative wealth during the depression, he had a ways to go before he would mature.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Slow  

We married on October 1, 1948, in the United church not far from Bellville House. Our Anglican church would have no part of marrying a divorced woman. Jocelyn was more than three months pregnant with our child and was only now beginning to show. A cleverly crafted gown concealed any hint, preventing any embarrassment for the minister, but her condition was known to both sides of the family.

My parents, my uncle, Jocelyn's parents and her uncle and aunt attended along with a number of friends and neighbours. It was a joyous occasion and filled with goodwill toward us. We would live in a house only a few miles west, and a few minutes drive from any of our relatives.

I had requested and received a new assignment in the Department of Foreign Affairs in Ottawa, expressing my interest in a permanent appointment. I was seeking the role of Assistant Deputy Minister, then if my timing was right, Deputy Minister. My father's good name and my accomplishments in the past ten years had allowed my superiors to look upon my ambitions with favour.

Our daughter, Amelia Sophia, was born on March 3, the following year. She was named after my mother and Jocelyn's as well. I was delighted that we could have a girl to accompany our two growing sons. Evan was now nine, while Trevor Junior was about to turn seven. The three were the light of our lives, and every day confirmed how lucky I was to have found Jocelyn again.

Lawrence Claridge had been quite miserable about my wanting to adopt the boys. I was convinced he didn't want them in his life after visiting with him several times over the year. However, I could see that he was taking some delight in being obstructionist only because he could. I gave some consideration to our alternatives and consulted Jocelyn.

"He's being bloody-minded, Jocelyn. How many times has he exercised his parental rights in the past year? A handful at most."

"What do you suggest, dear?"

"As reluctant as I am to let him off the hook for is wretched treatment of you, I'm proposing a trade. We would forego his child support payments if he would agree to relinquish his custodial rights."

"Doesn't one naturally follow the other? Wouldn't those payments be expunged if he gave up his rights?" Jocelyn asked.

"You're quite right. I should have thought of that. Perhaps a further sweetener might help?"

"Can we afford it, Trevor?"

"Yes, my dear. I could easily afford a one-time twenty thousand dollar gift to have him sign off. I've had your ex-husband checked out and I believe he's acquired some debts recently that our generosity might alleviate."

"Debts? What kind of debts?"

"Some poor investment decisions. He owes quite a bit to his stock broker when he took a short position at the wrong time. He can manage the debt, but it will put him in a very poor financial position for some time to come. We could solve that problem."

"Then let's try. Knowing Lawrence, he'll take it as his rightful due and you'll not hear a thank-you."

"I think I can get over the sting of that," I chuckled.

Jocelyn's assessment was quite correct. Lawrence eagerly accepted the agreement drawn up by our family lawyer. The boys were now legally my sons and I was beside myself with happiness. It was the completion of our family and the grandparents and great aunts and uncles were equally delighted.

Our happiness wasn't long to last, however. My father contracted pneumonia late that year and passed away only days before Christmas. The boys were heartbroken, as my father and mother had doted on them and made them feel wonderfully welcome in their home. They had lost their Grandpapa, and they missed him sorely, especially at Christmas.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.