Young Gordy - Cover

Young Gordy

Copyright© 2010 by Peter H. Salus

Chapter 4

It was near dusk when we got back. We took up our position near our "sleeping tree." I was curious as to what would occur.

"What's next?"

"I'm not sure. I was at a Barkinji ceremony near Wilcannia. But this has been different so far. I'm certain the nungungi will lead us all through it." She took my hand and squeezed it. Right on cue the nungungi stepped forward.

"All have returned.

"In the past, bands took wives from other bands. They did so with violence, with bloodshed. The Europeans have taught us that this was wrong. Taking with violence is called 'rape' and is punished. One young man took a maiden with violence. There was blood shed: both his and hers. During the next moon I will heal her. The moon will restore her.

"But what of him?

"He shall be avoided. He shall not have a wife. He will come to the next corroboree and seek a different maiden. Though he has erred, he shall not be exiled. So it will be.

"Men and maidens. Stand before me. Taking with violence is wrong.

"Maidens! Are you with the one you wish?

"Men! Will you that I join you to this maiden?

"Speak!"

"Yes ... yes ... yes..." They all answered.

"Then you are joined. Are there others who wish to be joined?"

A man with grey hair and a bushy beard stepped forward. He was painted and had been boned years in the past. Two steps behind him can an enormous older woman, her breasts down to her waist. "I am Nambur, the tea tree. My wife, Eerin, died several years ago. This is Alkina, the moon. Her sons are big. I would take her."

"Alkina, would you join Nambur?"

"Yes, Jirra."

"Then, Alkina and Nambur and you maidens and men, I join you. Under the sky and before the eyes of the tribes. So will it be."

And he stepped back and the sunlight was gone. The fires flared up and by the time I could see again, most of the new couples were gone, too. Others were lining up for food. The music had begun again, too.

"That was impressive," I said.

"It certainly was. Let's try the food."

"They had a euro. Have you ever tried any?"

"No. But I've eaten mashed green ants. I'm a field anthropologist. If someone eats it, I'll try it."

"I found that out last night."

"Cheeky!"

"You bet," and I squeezed one of her cheeks. "Not much meat there."

"Carol!"

"Yes, Gordy?"

"Can we make this woman bigger?"

"She gotta make babies. Mebbe two three babies."

"I guess we'd better practice."

Carol roared. I now held a crimson professor by the hand.

"I took off my underpants," she whispered.

"I get it ... easy access."

"Right."

"By the way, what's your name? I can't keep calling you 'professor'."

"You could, it might be interesting."

"Hmmm."

"Randi."

"After last night, I know that."

"No. That's my name. Randi. With an 'I' at the end."

"Randi by name and randy by nature?"

"You might be the cause of that."

"I didn't come on to you!"

"Actually, you did. You're intelligent, you're decent-looking, you aren't an anthro student, and you're male. Oh, and you're here."

"What if I'd be interested in one of the others?"

"By the time we got here I was certain they had nothing to offer you."

"Unfortunately true."

We sat down and ate. The music appeared to get louder and the dancing seemed to get more frenzied. I could see small piles of bodies on the ground.

When I got back to the tree, Randi said: "I opened your swag and spread out your sleeping bag. We won't be on the ground."

"Okay." I sat against the tree. Randi sat next to me.

"Are those lumps on the ground doing what I think they're doing?"

"I'm sure of it. That's why I warned the girls."

"Oh, yes. The old joke. By the time she said she wasn't that kind of girl, she was."

I laughed and put my arm around her shoulder. She unbuttoned the top of her shirt and I put my hand inside, tweaking her nipple.

"And what kind of girl are you?"

"Randy," said Randi.

"Why? You're nice-looking, intelligent, you've got a career..."

"Stop there, mister."

"Hunh?"

"Young faculty around the uni are looking for wives to take care of their homes and bear children. They certainly don't want professional competition. In fact, they may prefer a bronzed blonde with big tits whom they met on a trip to Bondi."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.